You forget a thousand things everyday…
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Cosmic Cowboy
:mario:

This show is just awful. I can't even say it's amusing bad. It's just bad.

I blame the koopalings due to how utterly obnoxious their voices are.

Mcmadness said:

It improved everything from the first one, even if marginally. Some episodes were decent too. They even got rid of the live action segments and the do the mario teleportation dance because they knew they were ridiculous.

If it wasn't for the bad animation and the crap songs I don't think I would dislike anything from it.

The koopalings were hideous but at least they tried to give them different personalities to stand out.

The highlight of the cartoon was when Wendy asked for America for her birthday. It's right up the alley of ludicrousness that Mario should be known for.

i liked how fucking milli vanilli was the central focus of an episode

imagine if that sort of thing was made today. it's like, mario and peach going to a maroon 5 concert.

I legit thought Milli Vanilli wasn't even a real band and that they invented it for the show.

I lol'd hard when I found out they were real.

Granted, I always felt they traded the writing, the voice acting and the animation quality of the Super Show for Game-accuracy here.

(Yes, I do feel that the Super Show's sometimes ludicrous episodes were better than the crap they had in this show.)

Also, the songs would've been a bit better had they gotten someone other than the Koopalings' VA's to sing them.

Saltman said:
Mcmadness said:

It improved everything from the first one, even if marginally. Some episodes were decent too. They even got rid of the live action segments and the do the mario teleportation dance because they knew they were ridiculous.

If it wasn't for the bad animation and the crap songs I don't think I would dislike anything from it.

The koopalings were hideous but at least they tried to give them different personalities to stand out.

The voice acting is worse due to the lack of Danny Wells and Lou Albano, due to the bigger emphasis put on the koopalings King Koopa is often barely doing anything in the show and since he's the only remotely entertaining character (and even then only by comparison of everyone else being so annoying) then it just makes the whole thing all the more insufferable.

Though the fact that super mario world is even worse amazes me.

The koopalings are ok. I liked their portrayals in some episodes and how they could lead to really stupid ass moments or situations (Wendy did this a lot) but some times they were... idk just there for no reason, like King Koopa could have had certain moments alone without them to stand out a lot more. He also didn't cosplay as anything this time though he was still entertaining so it didn't really matter. Also he had some really good lines here. Probably the best out of the three shows.

"That's a cruel, rotten, disgusting idea. And I love it!"

Yeah it's hard to imagine these shows without King Koopa.

The SMW one is a lot worse and I don't know how the hell they made it worse than the first one, even the animation which I thought was impossible. They were doing better and then they *bleep*ed it up lol. Mama luigi is the only episode I kind of like because of its stupidity. King Koopa is the only good thing in this one and even he is worse.

And Yoshi is just OH GOD why is he so annoying here.

For the Super Mario World cartoon, they decided to use two annoying characters rather than just have one (but I had no problems with Toad in the show actually). Oogtar for the most part was a useless dumbass in distress who didn't even sound like a child (he sounded like a middle-aged smoker). Yoshi was worse than Oogtar, with 80% of jokes coming from him being hungry, and he was more annoying than Oogtar, but not as useless as Oogtar.

Also, no clue why they decided to dump cavemen into Dinosaur World. The only reason I see is the stereotype of cavemen riding on dinosaurs but...that's a liberty I see that doesn't hold much water.

The thing is, Yoshi wasn't even drawn all that bad in the later episodes.

Yoshismw.jpg

Though he did look very derp in the first ones

Ooga4eyebrowsman.jpg

The cavemen were ugly and useless and the worst part.

Oogtar is just... what even is he. Why was he created. What purpose does he have. Why does he even exist lol.

Also Yoshi looks horrible in both images and abominable in the second one.

Self-insert child character? They wanted to reference Bart Simpson?

Though I don't know what kind of kid would want to associate themselves with a kid who sounds like a man with a smoking problem, steals toys from other kids on Christmas, bullies Koopalings on the basis that they're Koopa's kids alone in A Little Learning (and before the Koopalings actually did anything bad) and talks like an adult miserable failing trying to sound hip.

The only good thing to come out of the SMW show is this.

Nope.

The epitome of unpopular opinions about the Mario series.

We can burn that thread now. It no longer has purpose.

Mcmadness said:
The only good thing to come out of the SMW show is this.

Either that's a really convincing fan dub or DiC Entertainment had no idea how bad that sounded when recording it.

I remember watching all three Super Mario Bros. cartoon shows when they were on originally during my middle school years, and as a part of the Captain N and the Video Gamemasters in syndication, but not their re-airings on cable (The Mario Cartoons run on The Family Channel was awful because they did air all the episodes).

There was supposed to be a new Super Mario Bros. cartoon fifteen years ago as a part of the Fox Box/4Kids TV when 4Kids Entertainment has the rights to produce cartoons based on Nintendo's IPs, but why the name of God did 4Kids produced Kirby: Right Back At Ya and F-Zero GP Legends instead of the new Super Mario Bros. cartoon that 4Kids promised us. 4Kids would have given us a way much better Mario cartoon than what DIC gave us with full 22 minute animated episodes, no live action segments like The Super Show had with Captain Lou Albano and Danny Wells, no stupid songs sung by the koopalings in the SMB 3 and SMW cartoons, and no pointless non-cannon characters like Oogtar in the SMW cartoon. Why did 4Kids break their promise that they would finally give Mario a descent cartoon show, not to mention that because 4Kids stabbed us in the back, Sonic has had five cartoon shows (4Kids gave Sonic one) and Mario hasn't had a cartoon show in almost 30 years. Now Universal has the cartoon rights to Nintendo's IPs with the new Super Mario Bros. movie that is being produced by Illumination. I sure hope if in the case that this new SMB movie that is currently in production is a box office smash would air on Fox or the CW and not over NBC because they have aired the Super Mario Cartoons as a part of their Saturday morning lineup, and to fulfill a promise that 4Kids broke to us Mario fans. Please SMB on Fox or the CW please.

Back