The Future of King K. Rool

Xgouki

I am my own waifu
With the rave reception our beloved Kremling King got in SSBU, it's pretty clear that fans can't get enough of K. Rool. In the Metroid franchise, they started pushing Ridley because of his popularity (he was added to Samus Returns despite being absent from Metroid II), so do you think they'd do the same thing with K. Rool? I'd love to see the Kremlings return as the main antagonists of DKCR3, but would honestly spazz if they made K. Rool a core member of the Mario spinoff cast like with Diddy and put him in Mario Kart 9 and/or the next Mario Party.

There was a report somewhere that the developers of Tropical Freeze wanted to include K. Rool somewhere. Perhaps as a secret boss or something. But supposedly Sakurai caught wind of this and wanted to be the one to bring back K. Rool back in full glory with his playability in Smash Ultimate.

I do rather think that's a bit of a greedy power grab by Sakurai if that's true. But nonetheless did achieve in making K. Rool's return extra special. It should mean either way that whenever the next Donkey Kong Country game is made K. Rool will probably play a major role.

Northern Verve said:
There was a report somewhere that the developers of Tropical Freeze wanted to include K. Rool somewhere. Perhaps as a secret boss or something. But supposedly Sakurai caught wind of this and wanted to be the one to bring back K. Rool back in full glory with his playability in Smash Ultimate.

I do rather think that's a bit of a greedy power grab by Sakurai if that's true. But nonetheless did achieve in making K. Rool's return extra special. It should mean either way that whenever the next Donkey Kong Country game is made K. Rool will probably play a major role.

Interesting. I don't think it would be a greedy power grab, since Sakurai doesn't have power over Retro or vice versa, but it's possible that they agreed that Smash would be a bigger return for K. Rool than DKCTF. Still, the whole "K. Rool in Smash" saga is really fascinating in hindsight, what with Sakurai trolling fans with the Mii costume and Bayo as the ballot winner when in reality he was secretly planning K. Rool for the next entry on a much more popular system. I love you Sakurai, you magnificent bastard

King K Room should be playable in more Mario spinoffs so DK has more characters to look out for than just the usual two.

The more enemies he has at a single time, the Marior

K. Rool 4 Mario Kart please. He's a must-have in the series. Him being playable in Mario Party wouldn't be half bad either.

Saltman said:
Also what could K Rool's next alias be?

Shogun K. Rool or the underutilized Pharaoh K. Rool from Mario Super Slugggggers.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
Saltman said:
General K. Rool, and in each world you have to fight a different branch of the Kremling Military.

Would be cool if Klump and Krusha made a reappearance--not as generic enemies, but individual characters like in the DKC cartoon. And together they would form the second-to-last boss in a new Donkey Kong game.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
Saltman said:
General K. Rool, and in each world you have to fight a different branch of the Kremling Military.
Wouldn't it be Kommander K. Rool? And would he be wearing a modern military uniform or a 1800's/Napoleon sort of deal (which would end up looking similar to Kaptain)?

While not technically an alias, I'm a big fan of the Darth Vader deal he had going on in DK64, where he acted and sounded super serious and intimidating and was somehow unfitting-yet-fitting for his kartoony, komikal design. K. Rool's definitive voice in my headcanon is the Vader-pastiche voice he had there.

I think it seems likely that King K. Rool might appear in more games now, though I'm not sure in wat capacity yet. I don't tink it's likely that he'd be added to Mario Party, but I could definitely see him being added to the rosters of future sports games or Mario Kart- perhaps he'll be a downloadable character for Mario Tennis Aces? I think he also has potential to return in the Donkey Kong series too, though if it's in a main platformer, it'd be nice if they could bring back the other Kremlings and some of the other Kongs and Animal Friends too - more of the stuff from Donkey Kong that hasn't been used for a while. Perhaps he might appear if they made a new spinoff title in the vein of Jungle Climber and Barrel Blast if he's not going to reappear in the main series yet?

The guy got the biggest hype for his reveal in my opinion; I'm practically expecting him to return as a villain in the next Donkey Kong Country, maybe even becoming more relevant to the Mario series overall!

BBQ Turtle said:
I think it seems likely that King K. Rool might appear in more games now, though I'm not sure in wat capacity yet. I don't tink it's likely that he'd be added to Mario Party, but I could definitely see him being added to the rosters of future sports games or Mario Kart- perhaps he'll be a downloadable character for Mario Tennis Aces? I think he also has potential to return in the Donkey Kong series too, though if it's in a main platformer, it'd be nice if they could bring back the other Kremlings and some of the other Kongs and Animal Friends too - more of the stuff from Donkey Kong that hasn't been used for a while. Perhaps he might appear if they made a new spinoff title in the vein of Jungle Climber and Barrel Blast if he's not going to reappear in the main series yet?

Hell, K. Rool was such a megaton reveal for Smash that I think the hype would transfer over to whatever Mario spinoff he's announced for first, even though they usually don't attract much attention apart from Kart.

I just want one retro studios made DKC game with King K.Rool as the antagonist.

After that I can die content.

I want a new DK game where K. Rool returnsnto DK island after years of absence. It might be called: "Donkey Kong Country: K. Rool's return".

Mcmadness said:

I can too, unless he starts to not appear again after that.

Also I second Kommander K Rool.

Mcmadness said:

having krool back would be great but honestly i just want another retro studios made dkc full stop

I feel like I saw fan art of that.

I'm certain he'll return in DKC after his inclusion in Smash, and if we're lucky, we might see him in other Mario spinoffs too, not just Mario Super Sluggers.

Back