Hot Cocoa

You forget a thousand things everyday…
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Cosmic Cowboy
Discuss the Super Show here (Strictly Super Show)

"Hey Paisanos!" (English Translation: "Hey Countrymen!")

It's a terrible show full of unfunny comedy segments, bad animation, dumb plotlines and at times bad voice acting.

But it amuses me.

You sure? I like some of King Koopa's kool lines and the pasta jokes and Mario cosplaying as a Star Wars character and the first appereance of Mario's mom ever.

It's also the only other piece of media where Wart's minions got an important role.

Mcmadness said:
It's a terrible show full of unfunny comedy segments, bad animation, dumb plotlines and at times bad voice acting.

Unfortunately, it doesn't amuse me in the slightest. :yoshi:

It's too stupid and cheesy to be hateable.

Apparently the show did well enough to get #1 in New York at one time, beating out DuckTales. As much of a laughing stock target this show can get for some, I found it genuinely amazing that it managed to achieve this.
DzX9RxkWwAEiecC.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/TanookiKuribo/status/1096060569612886017

Thank you for reading.

I think the SMB3 show was an improvement (even if it lacked the lol live action segments).

Then the SMW show made it worse with animation that looked even more like *bleep* than the first one, Yoshi's horrible voice, and those cavemen I don't even care about lol. But it also gave us the most hilariously stupid thing Luigi has ever said in his life so I'm not complaining.

Also the songs are crap in all 3 shows.

Well, that's because the songs were originally actual licensed music.

Course licenses run out so they replaced them with....that.

I actually unironically like this show. I remember when I first saw it in my mom's old van on roadtrips to Florida when I was little. In fact, I still have the original Shout DVDs! The fact that I've made a MIDI of Do The Mario TWICE says a lot about how much I like this show (and also how I randomly search up 1989 Mario merch on eBay, but that's another story).

I also sort of miss Mario's raspy voice with that New York accent.

"Dis wee dinosaur's givin'y hard time li'l brotha? I'll fix 'm for ya".

Saltman said:

Nah, that's Walker Boone in the other cartoons. The Super Show had Lou Albano.

Servo Crow-ation said:
Saltman said:

Nah, that's Walker Boone in the other cartoons. The Super Show had Lou Albano.

Danny Wells' Luigi didn't sound like a Luigi at all but I still liked it

Haven't seen much of the original seasons for The Super Mario Brothers Super Show!, but I can never forget the first episode of The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3.

Now I can never listen to the Giant Land world map theme without remembering, "MY CAGE!! MARIO RUINED MY CAGE!! YOU PROMISED ME YOU'D GET ME BACK MY CAGE!!"

JBX9001 said:
Haven't seen much of the original seasons for The Super Mario Brothers Super Show!, but I can never forget the first episode of The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3.

Now I can never listen to the Giant Land world map theme without remembering, "MY CAGE!! MARIO RUINED MY CAGE!! YOU PROMISED ME YOU'D GET ME BACK MY CAGE!!"
i think we had the same free dvd from a cereal box, i had one that contained this exact episode and like two episodes of heathcliff

heeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy i remember that dvd too!!

The DVD in question:
Mario_SS_Heathcliff_promo.jpg

Heathcliff is better.

I remember back in grade school that one of my teachers who knew that I really liked Mario brought in a VHS tape of the show for movie day one day, I think the episode was Mario and the Beanstalk but I don't remember exactly. Despite it's cheesiness I was absolutely enamored by this bizarre Mario media and eventually got a DVD set of it a couple of years later.

Something I hate is how 90% of the characters who are not Mario Luigi Peach Toad look really hideous.

Servo Crow-ation said:
The DVD in question:

The Sonic & Garfield Pack's got some company here!

latest

(Though you can say that the game collection is better on account of a great game (Sonic) and a competent one (Garfield), as well as a bonus (Baku Baku))

Thank you for reading.

Servo Crow-ation said:
The DVD in question:

YUP, that's the one! Talk about nostalgia (don't remember where my copy is though; didn't exactly come with a box)!

There is no way Mario is that fat.

Back