Author Topic: Super Mario Maker 2  (Read 4386 times)

MnSG

• Shine Sprite
  • Cosmic Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Maker 2
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2019, 08:21:09 AM »
I honestly just want to know if my Wii U levels will carry over to the sequel.  Will the Course World servers be the same, or not?

I'm not sure if the courses from the first Super Mario Maker will be compatible. So far, we haven't seen the Mystery Mushroom, and that doesn't even exist in the 3DS remake; or at least, it doesn't work like in the original Wii U version.

Cuphead

• Cup boi
  • Dry Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • So, that stuff in my head is apparently milk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2019, 08:34:30 AM »
Ya know, the Cat Toadette artwork looks exactly like some fanmade artwork from SM3DW.

Also, I hope you don't need the Nintendo Switch Online to play other people's levels. The game definitely will work without it, just like Luigi's Balloon World, because you're not exactly playing online, but doing stuff other people did.

BBQ Turtle

• Princess L of the Shy Guys
  • Wiki Patroller
  • Luma
  • Crazy sponsors lady.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2019, 12:32:59 PM »
I am definitely excited for this game! Seeing as they've got multiple characters in the artwork at the same time, do you think that might mean that levels are playable in multiplayer? Either way, it'd be nice to play as multiple characters anyway, aside from the Mystery Mushroom. I'm also intrigued by that Beach Koopa in a car, I want to know what he does (Also, the car itself looks pretty cool, it'd be nice if it appeared in the next Mario Kart). I think that the idea of Super Mario 3D World in 2D is quite good, despite the fact that the concept sounds weird (I also wonder if this means that they won't port it to Switch and are going with this instead? Just a thought.). Also, I wonder if the different colours of Yoshi in New Super Mario Bros. U work like the ones in Super Mario World, or if it's just an aesthetic thing. The other thing I was thinking about is seeing as there are Cat Bullet Bills, I wonder if those are made by dragging a Super Bell onto a regular Bullet Bill, and if so, would that work for other enemies such as Goombas, and do we get Meowser?

Marchionne Evangelisti

• The Cowboy Meme Lord
  • Boo
  • Long John Spaghetti
  • Anyone up for a rousing game of Billiards?
    • View Profile
    • My Theme Song
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2019, 03:09:17 PM »
Wait. If there is a 3D world theme, can't there be a 64 theme?
~ Long John Spaghetti was here!

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
  • Fine! I'll be happy to...NOT TELL YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2019, 03:14:14 PM »
No because 3D World uses the 2D Mario formula on a three-dimensional plane.  Mario 64 uses an entirely different gameplay formula.

Shy Guy on Wheels

• Definitely on Wheels
  • King Bowser
  • Octagon?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2019, 03:19:45 PM »
I like how no-one has noticed that they didn't show the original Super Mario Bros. theme in the reveal trailer.

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2019, 03:22:48 PM »
I like how no-one has noticed that they didn't show the original Super Mario Bros. theme in the reveal trailer.
Check point 0:51 in the video.  It's there.

Shy Guy on Wheels

• Definitely on Wheels
  • King Bowser
  • Octagon?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2019, 03:34:35 PM »
Didn't notice that after watching that trailer four times, probably because of the new counter next to the coins (which may have something to do with checkpoints) and the new autoscroller being shown in that scene so I didn't notice the old stuff as easily as the new stuff.

Marchionne Evangelisti

• The Cowboy Meme Lord
  • Boo
  • Long John Spaghetti
  • Anyone up for a rousing game of Billiards?
    • View Profile
    • My Theme Song
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2019, 04:04:56 PM »
No because 3D World uses the 2D Mario formula on a three-dimensional plane.  Mario 64 uses an entirely different gameplay formula.

3D land does it, too
~ Long John Spaghetti was here!

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2019, 04:07:50 PM »

3D land does it, too
It does, yes, but adding a separate theme for that is like adding a separate theme for Lost Levels or the other NSMB games.  There just isn't any real point.

Gilgamesh

• Gate of Babylon
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2019, 05:29:58 PM »
Incredible way to open the direct and a total must-purchase for me. Dunno what kind of whimsy was unearthed from within me when they showed the chain blocks, clear pipes, ! Blocks, MOVING CAMERA, and slopes but dang did it excite the *bleep* out of me.

I can't wait to spend hours making levels again

Baby Luigi

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2019, 06:20:05 PM »
Funny how there's a 3D World style, but no Galaxy style. Galaxy even had 2.5 levels so it's not an impossibility to make.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Fawfulthegreat64

• Top-Hatted Bean
  • Star Spirit
  • I make YouTube videos sometimes
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2019, 06:42:46 PM »
They just haven't shown the new "Gravity Switch" block yet

Moldomré

• Moldomré Dapzi the Pink
  • King Bowser
  • Once, I was BLoF. Now, I am just Moldomré.
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2019, 08:51:43 PM »
PSA: The only stuff we know about the game is just the launch trailer and promotional art, so don't automatically assume that this is the final build. They can still reveal lots of stuff for this game before June.

Twitter | Ask Thread | Photo by BabyLuigiOnFire

MnSG

• Shine Sprite
  • Cosmic Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2019, 11:16:15 PM »
Funny how there's a 3D World style, but no Galaxy style. Galaxy even had 2.5 levels so it's not an impossibility to make.

It probably has to do with the fact that Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel never really utilized a time limit outside of Prankster Comets.

Lassi

• Let's shout hooray now!
  • King Bowser
  • Pink Cat
  • All animals are friends
    • View Profile
    • Where the wind blows
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2019, 01:17:03 AM »
I'd imagine they'll put Luigi's white color scheme is the SMB1 set if they keep Mystery Mushrooms, the Blue Toad and normal Toadette didn't have any if I recall, only her Captain persona, if they add Peach playable, they can use her red hair sprite instead of the blonde one.
Come back soon and when you do, I have some new surprises in my hat for you

Fawfulthegreat64

• Top-Hatted Bean
  • Star Spirit
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2019, 01:22:20 AM »
(re: time limit on Galaxy theme) They can always add that in and it wouldn't seem odd since there are a lot of features certain styles didn't have that got added for SMM. Though, maybe not for a full Galaxy theme but just a Galaxy feature in the 3D World theme (or all themes since I don't think it would be hard to program), I'd like gravity switches. Assuming the space for design has greatly increased (especially vertically) and more doors/subworlds are now possible, that's like the one thing that's needed for me to (reasonably) faithfully make every SPM level I think, since Whoa Zone won't work without it.

...I forgot I joked about that very thing a few posts up. But I unironically want it :P

As for SMB1 sprites, ehhh I'll pass on that ugly af SMB1 Peach and instead opt for that as the mushroom costume and a less off-model sprite as the playable one (they can keep the red hair palette though)

Lassi

• Let's shout hooray now!
  • King Bowser
  • Pink Cat
  • All animals are friends
    • View Profile
    • Where the wind blows
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2019, 03:21:43 AM »
My theory of the Koopa in the car is that  we might be able to put all enemies in cars in the 3D World set as Bowser had one, man, and who said Goombas can't drive?
Come back soon and when you do, I have some new surprises in my hat for you

ZelenPixel

• ok so basically im
  • Blooper
  • Mashabely
    • View Profile
    • wiki user page
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2019, 06:38:27 AM »
its already at near the top of my wishlist lmao
i really hope theres a super mario bros 2 theme. but tbh i wont be surprised if it didnt happen
also theres gotta be a course theme that uses the athletic music. you cant jsut let it go to waste

Fawfulthegreat64

• Top-Hatted Bean
  • Star Spirit
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2019, 07:21:25 AM »
What if Mario can steal the car as well, just like he can steal the Goomba's shoe and a clown car. That way we can have Mario Kart themed levels in more styles than just Mario 1 :D