Author Topic: Super Mario Maker 2  (Read 13009 times)

Eric B

• Monty Mole
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Maker 2
« Reply #480 on: July 03, 2019, 09:18:35 PM »
The addition of SML is a mod? Videos I'm seeing such as this one https://youtu.be/mMawD2ZOO2s are saying it's apart of the game. (comments too).

I thought this was cool, as a lot of people seemed to want the next "additional style" to be SML, but here, it's easily added as a powerup. I'd rather see SMB2 added, because of how different it is, and it seems each major style is represented by the entries they've included (NSMB series by NSMBU, and 3D series by 3DW), so it wouldn't make much sense to add styles like Galaxy or NSMBW though I would add elements from those games (like allowing as options the different backgrounds and music of NSMB).
SML is really too close to SMB1 (plus it would be awkward to have a whole style in black & white), but they could perhaps just allow options of enemies, music and other elements of it, like they've done with the superball.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 09:20:36 PM by Eric B »

YoshiFlutterJump

• The Legend of Dee
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 03, 2019, 09:33:10 PM »
Superball Mario is an actual part of the game, but not standard grayscale Mario.

Carl Wheezer

• Legendary Nickelodeon Character
  • King Bowser
  • Long John Spaghetti
  • I don't wanna be cool
    • View Profile
    • My Theme Song
« Reply #482 on: July 04, 2019, 10:32:28 AM »
~ Long John Spaghetti was here!

J-Yoshi64

• Just Call Me J
  • Dry Bowser
  • Always remembering Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #483 on: July 04, 2019, 06:21:14 PM »
The only mod I'd use would be changing the NSMBU Angry Sun to the Mario Kart DS/Wii version. It would look so much better that way.
May Walkazo always be remembered on MarioWiki for years to come.
Follow me because I'm not a narcissist: https://twitter.com/JYoshi64 https://www.deviantart.com/just-call-me-j

MnSG

• Shine Sprite
  • Cosmic Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 05, 2019, 12:06:28 PM »
I've completed all the Story Mode jobs now. I also have a streak of 160 courses completed in the Easy Endless Challenge, but that really isn't anything to write home about when it's close to impossible to ever get a game over on the easiest difficulty level.

Northern Verve

• Princess of Magic
  • Star Spirit
  • SonicMario
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 07, 2019, 11:13:12 PM »
N0X-KYY-1TG New course, based on mostly familiar Mario locations in Smash. Goal is to KO most of the fire piranha plants. Title being Super Smash World being that it's in the SMW style

J-Yoshi64

• Just Call Me J
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #486 on: July 08, 2019, 12:14:02 AM »
From a beloved and memorable member of our community.

Follow me because I'm not a narcissist: https://twitter.com/JYoshi64 https://www.deviantart.com/just-call-me-j

J-Yoshi64

• Just Call Me J
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #487 on: July 09, 2019, 05:19:03 PM »
Figures he makes another one the day after I made that post.

Erdrick the Hero

• Gotta love that Dragon Quest series right? Favorite series that I've totally played probably.
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • The local Pink Yoshi Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 12, 2019, 02:17:05 PM »
So, do any of you think it's likely that they'll release DLC for this?
If so, do you think it'll just be more parts (like the additions of Fire Clown Cars and Skewers in MM1), or whole new game styles (SML2 and SMO come to mind)?

Me personally, I think there's gonna be some new additions when they release Online with friends, maybe not a whole new game style, but at least quality of life additions or a couple new parts.
dang.

Look at that.

Those scissors have a pretty nice ass.
Twitter | Koops, that quote now represents you | Ask Thread

ZelenPixel

• Shy Guy
  • whats up mario im baby
    • View Profile
    • wiki user page
« Reply #489 on: July 13, 2019, 04:35:48 AM »
some new parts are def coming out but im pretty sure new unique game styles will be a thing too. the thing still says extra game styles doesnt it?

MnSG

• Shine Sprite
  • Cosmic Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 13, 2019, 07:45:55 AM »
At this point, future updates will probably just fix up some of the glitches that have been discovered. A new game style feels rather doubtful anyway.

Erdrick the Hero

• Gotta love that Dragon Quest series right? Favorite series that I've totally played probably.
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • The local Pink Yoshi Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 13, 2019, 08:06:48 AM »
A new game style feels rather doubtful anyway.

I don't know, I think they're going to push this game more than SMM1 by adding more content than they did to the original.
dang.

Look at that.

Those scissors have a pretty nice ass.
Twitter | Koops, that quote now represents you | Ask Thread

Forde

• Chill cavalier who just likes paintings, sleeping and apparently speaks to himself a lot. That's definitely not Koops.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Look at Seth! He's soloing the game again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 13, 2019, 08:15:29 AM »
They didn't add game styles in the original though, so you can't say if they'll do it here or just add more new objects than before objects.

BlueFire

• Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 13, 2019, 12:38:20 PM »
It's possible that there could be more features/game styles added in the future since this game is on a more successful system. But then again, this could be a Super Mario Party situation in which the game gets no additional content.

Shygul

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • my new website plz check it out and share on facebook
« Reply #494 on: July 13, 2019, 01:48:08 PM »
At this point, future updates will probably just fix up some of the glitches that have been discovered. A new game style feels rather doubtful anyway.
oh my god the game literally has an "extra game styles" section how are people still convinced there won't be more styles

MnSG

• Shine Sprite
  • Cosmic Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 13, 2019, 03:52:01 PM »
Well, my Easy Endless Challenge streak has gone over 600 clears now, and my global ranking is in the top 2000. I'll still have to increase my streak further if I want to make it to the top 1000 though; a medal can be earned by accomplishing some sort of task in each of the Endless Challenge difficulty levels, but I'm not sure what it is.

oh my god the game literally has an "extra game styles" section how are people still convinced there won't be more styles

Part of it may be due to Story Mode only representing the 5 base game styles; I seriously doubt that any Story Mode DLC will be made.

Shygul

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • my new website plz check it out and share on facebook
« Reply #496 on: July 13, 2019, 04:00:30 PM »
Part of it may be due to Story Mode only representing the 5 base game styles; I seriously doubt that any Story Mode DLC will be made.
the word "styles" in "extra game styles" is plural and therefor implies multiple styles will exist at some point this is basic english dude

Marie

• The best squid girl
  • Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
  • If you find any good Marie fanart, send it here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 13, 2019, 05:45:04 PM »
So one of the big complaints I hear about this game is the supposed extreme lag in the online multiplayer modes, with some people going as far as to say it's unplayable. I see people's footage where it's running at like 1 frame per second. However, my experience with the online multiplayer has been quite the opposite: it runs at a completely normal speed a majority of the time. Every now and then I'll get a slow level, but it rarely becomes unplayable. So, what experience have you guys had?  Has lag been a huge issue for everyone else while it just isn't for me, or is it more evenly divided? Do the people who have extreme lag just have bad internet connection? I'm curious because this is a big complaint about the game that others have that I cannot relate to.   

Credit to several artists for my avatars, see this post. Also click the above image for nice music!
Twitter | Ask | Art

Dr. Baby Luigi

• Mushroom Kingdom's Most Adorable Doctor
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 13, 2019, 06:05:07 PM »
What internet are you using? If you're using an ethernet cable, that might help get better connections.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Marie

• The best squid girl
  • Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
  • If you find any good Marie fanart, send it here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 13, 2019, 06:21:46 PM »
If you mean ethernet cable directly to the Switch, than no. I think an ethernet cable is involved with the router but all our devices connect wirelessly.

Credit to several artists for my avatars, see this post. Also click the above image for nice music!
Twitter | Ask | Art