Playmobil: The Movie (2019)

Remember Playmobil, that one underrated German alternative to LEGO? It also had an entire series of animated Direct-To-Video movies that fell into obscurity (the first one being Playmobil: The Secret of Pirate Island from 2009).

But this time, there's going to be a Playmobil movie that will be released in theaters! See for yourself:

There are also some celebrities (including Adam Lambert and Meghan Trainor) doing some of the voices.

However, a lot of people are saying that this is going to be a "LEGO Movie ripoff".

let's be honest here, they're actually trying to be the lego movie ripoff, but it'll most likely end up being the emoji movie ripoff

Everything is getting a movie...

What's next? Fidget Spinner the movie? The Pop Tarts movie?

I used to see ads of this thing all the time.

And now it's getting a movie...

ok

Not gonna judge the movie before it's been seen.

But just in terms of toys, Lego is vastly superior to Playmobil, and making a movie about Lego will give you more options to work with.

Kazooie said:
Not gonna judge the movie before it's been seen.

Everyone's doing that with Sonic tho for some reason.

I guess he's an exception?

I haven't judged Sonic yet either.

Making a bunch of silly drawings != judgment.

I wasn't talking about you though. It's petty much almost everyone else.

i don't think that you're truly judging a movie before it's seen if you're just judging the promotional pictures or trailers, it's only really if you say something like "this movie is gonna suck" after you've only checked out the promotional material

people are judging the appearance of sonic from the promotional picture, sure, but they're not actively stating that the movie is going to fail purely because of that picture

speculation of said product after viewing previews or promotional pictures is what i imagine people gravitate to most, but flat out stating "this movie is gonna suck because of the trailers/promotional picture" just isn't cricket baby

i'm a hypocrite, i judge movies based on promotional material

in short, the point of these announcements and trailers is to set first impressions and expectations, to try to get people interested. it's okay to form them, but what's not okay is to stick these impressions once the entire thing is out. but it's still the developers' responsibilities to get good impressions in the first place.

I haven't heard of Playmobil, but I have heard of LOWE LASY, which is also a building block type of product. I doubt that will get a movie though, as it's even more obscure than Playmobil (at least it got a film).

Thank you for reading.

Back