Issue 142

Meta Knight

Accepting applications for The 'Shroom
Core 'Shroom Staff
The first issue of 2019 is here! I want to congratulate Raregold and Geeky for winning the election, and I wish them well for the new term. Thanks to Pitohui and Fun With Despair for being good sports as well. It's been a joy running the 'Shroom for two years, but I'm happy to pass the torch. Thanks to everyone for supporting me in this time and I hope to see you in The 'Shroom again in the future!

It was really great having you as Director this past year, and thank you for the wishes of luck. I hope you and Perch enjoy your well-deserved break.

Perch fill in for Roserade in Fun Stuff, more like trying to complete the 'Shroomfinity Gauntlet a second time. Didn't we learn from our mistakes for letting him do that last month, guys?

Zs0pZVE.png

Okay, in all seriousness, I would like to thank MK and Perch for all the work they did during their years as Director and Sub-Director, and for their generous help they gave me this year in order to let me adapt myself to my new position of Statistics Manager, it means a lot to me. Especially considering how 2018 was a very difficult year for me in my life. I can say for sure that I loved every moment of the 2018 term. I wish you the best of luck for all your future projects, and I hope we will work together again in another community project. Thank you!

Now, looking at 2019, I can't wait to find out where we are going to bring the 'Shroom in the future. Also looking forward at working with Raregold, MsRetroGeek, and the rest of the staff. Issue 150 is coming very soon, and let's make it the best of the best! Everyone, sign up now, I want to see my inbox full of application!

I also want to thank Meta and Perch for all of their work. I recall a good while ago, perhaps near the start of 2018, Meta messaged me and told me that he thought I would be a good fit for a 'Shroom Staff position. It sort of came out of the blue, and I felt honored to receive the praise. That exchange alone filled me with a sense of confidence that I didn't have before, and the encouragement I received from the two of them since that day only exponentially made that feeling grow. It's because of their faith and kind words towards me that I had the courage to not only apply for a Staff position, but to continue working and stretching with the community, through Awards Presentations, another term of Poll Committee, and so on. I recall my first time putting together Fun Stuff, and Perch walking me through the steps when it was near two am his time; I recall Meta checking in and seeing how I was adjusting, and letting me access the board early to gain my barrings; both of these actions made me feel right at home with The 'Shroom. Because of them, I'm in a position today with this community that I love, so:

Thank you, Meta and Perch, wholeheartedly, for all you have done for me. May retirement treat you well.

Also, congratulations to Raregold and Geeky! I'm excited to have you as our new Directors for the coming term, and to see what all is in store! Here's to another great year of The 'Shroom!

Meta Knight said:
The first issue of 2019 is here! I want to congratulate Raregold and Geeky for winning the election, and I wish them well for the new term. Thanks to Pitohui and Fun With Despair for being good sports as well. It's been a joy running the 'Shroom for two years, but I'm happy to pass the torch. Thanks to everyone for supporting me in this time and I hope to see you in The 'Shroom again in the future!
another victory for the proletariat

Hi Everyone! Sorry for the late thank you, but it's a pleasure to be your Sub-Director for the 2019 term. I'll do my best to work with my partner and make it a term you guys won't forget. Thank you so much, Perch and Meta, I've appreciated writing for both of you as well as role models for both Raregold and myself to look up to. Please enjoy a well-deserved rest.

Oh hey...

I win the Fake News section of the month! Just as mysteriously I disappeared from the Staff-Voted SOTM But I always felt the staff was too kind to me by putting me there so I have no problem with that

Oh and Kong Rats to you, Raregold and Geeky! I know the 'Shroom will benefit from having you at the head of it! Now... finish what MK and Perch have started!

I made a Sporcle quiz to celebrate the Core 'Shroom Staff reaching over 50 members in its history, now you can all play it here!
https://www.sporcle.com/games/Meta_Knight/the-core-shroom-staff

Back