Author Topic: Should I buy a 3DS?  (Read 356 times)

Greninja

• Water Ninja
  • Dry Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • Gren! Ninja!
    • View Profile
Should I buy a 3DS?
« on: January 19, 2019, 01:23:03 AM »
I'm starting to think I need one of those things. My local Virgin has a lot of cool 3DS games like Mario Golf World Tour and Mario Tennis Open. Plus, these games are really cheap there (I mean 30 bucks only!). There are some expensive games, like some Fire Emblem games or Pokémon games. But I'm still enjoying Super Smash Bros Ultimate, so maybe if I'll buy one, it'll be after I complete World Of Light. But should I get one someday?

Saltman

• Dry Bones
  • Mr. Saltman
    • View Profile
Re: Should I buy a 3DS?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 03:31:27 AM »
Buy it. Buy it now.

Shy Guy on Wheels

• Definitely on Wheels
  • King Bowser
  • Octagon?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 03:36:59 AM »
No, there's no point in buying it when you have a far superior console that isn't going to die soon and has good games. Unless you don't have DS, then buy it because then you can play DS games on there (which are actually good).

Shygul

• Donkey Kong
  • Shadowshy
    • View Profile
    • my new website plz check it out and share on facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 03:44:40 AM »
its a good console with good games

Yukiho Hagiwara

• Ace Idol
  • Star Spirit
  • Epic Nitwit
    • View Profile
    • Backloggery
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 04:20:40 AM »
No, there's no point in buying it when you have a far superior console that isn't going to die soon and has good games. Unless you don't have DS, then buy it because then you can play DS games on there (which are actually good).

hey buddy, i think you're in the wrong place. this is about the 3ds, the "should i buy a wii u" thread is two doors down

Kirby and Dedede

• Gourmet Rivals
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 09:56:41 AM »
I'd definitely recommend it, especially since you never owned a DS.  In addition to the Mario Sports games, you'll be able to play all five Mario & Luigi games, Mario 64, Mario 3D Land, New Mario 1 and 2, Mario Maker, Luigi's Mansion 1 and 2, Yoshi's Island 2, New Island, and Woolly World, and Kirby Super Star, Squeak Squad, Triple Deluxe, and Planet Robobot.  Just a little warning that the 3DS is region-locked, so you won't be able to download eShop-only games like the expanded Kirby subgames or most of the Mario vs DK games.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 10:08:50 AM by King Dedede »

The DK Emoji IRL

• "His eyes look so supportive and soulfull" - somebody on Twitter
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • :dk:
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 11:22:46 AM »

In all seriousness, yeah. Plenty of amazing games. I probably have more 3DS / DS games than I do Wii U games.
Avatar and Sig pics by Raf Grassetti.

Saltman

• Dry Bones
  • Mr. Saltman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 04:14:59 AM »
I'd definitely recommend it, especially since you never owned a DS.  In addition to the Mario Sports games, you'll be able to play all five Mario & Luigi games, Mario 64, Mario 3D Land, New Mario 1 and 2, Mario Maker, Luigi's Mansion 1 and 2, Yoshi's Island 2, New Island, and Woolly World, and Kirby Super Star, Squeak Squad, Triple Deluxe, and Planet Robobot.  Just a little warning that the 3DS is region-locked, so you won't be able to download eShop-only games like the expanded Kirby subgames or most of the Mario vs DK games.

Unless you change your country.

Kirby and Dedede

• Gourmet Rivals
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 10:12:57 AM »

Are you even able to do that, though?

Stargazing

• One who claims to know everything... really knows nothing at all.
  • Celestial Guide
  • Galaxy Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 04:50:07 PM »
changing your country still puts it in the same region and the games will be unavailable to access

Kirby and Dedede

• Gourmet Rivals
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 05:39:49 PM »
changing your country still puts it in the same region and the games will be unavailable to access
Well, TG lives in Lebanon, and while there is no Lebanon eShop, it's still part of the general PAL region.  If he could change his country to be in the UK or something, I think he'd still be able to access the eShop.  But I'm pretty sure that the region setting is permanent and unmodifiable without a factory reset, so he'd have to have the region set to UK from the start.

Stargazing

• Celestial Guide
  • Galaxy Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 04:53:52 PM »
Well, TG lives in Lebanon, and while there is no Lebanon eShop, it's still part of the general PAL region.  If he could change his country to be in the UK or something, I think he'd still be able to access the eShop.  But I'm pretty sure that the region setting is permanent and unmodifiable without a factory reset, so he'd have to have the region set to UK from the start.
you can only change your country to a country in the region you exist in. since he is in PAL, he can only change to a country that is in the PAL region. for me, since i'm canadian, i can only change to an american region.

it's locked in if you have a NNID, which i do have.

Kirby and Dedede

• Gourmet Rivals
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2019, 05:39:03 PM »
you can only change your country to a country in the region you exist in. since he is in PAL, he can only change to a country that is in the PAL region. for me, since i'm canadian, i can only change to an american region.

it's locked in if you have a NNID, which i do have.
UK is PAL, isn't it?  As long as he doesn't get an NNID, I'm pretty sure he could change it to UK.

Stargazing

• Celestial Guide
  • Galaxy Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2019, 06:09:09 PM »
UK is PAL, isn't it?
hm, i could have sworn EUR and PAL were different regions

J. D. Sumner

• Whew! White Lightning!
  • King Bowser
  • George Jones
  • Founder of the Sharknado Clan, formed 2015
    • View Profile
    • My GameFAQs account
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 09:53:30 PM »
No, since the Nintendo Switch is slowly killing it. The 3DS is near the end of its era.
  I am addicted to Felicia, the character in the image on the left.  R.I.P. George Jones, in the image in the center and J. D. Sumner, in the image on the right.

Kirby and Dedede

• Gourmet Rivals
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2019, 09:55:58 PM »
No, since the Nintendo Switch is slowly killing it. The 3DS is near the end of its era.
Who cares about the support it's getting now, when it has eight years of incredible support behind it?

Greninja

• Water Ninja
  • Dry Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • Gren! Ninja!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 11:30:03 AM »
So, I should change my Nintendo Account from American to English right now? Or when I buy a 3DS and make an account there?

Kirby and Dedede

• Gourmet Rivals
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 12:35:39 PM »
So, I should change my Nintendo Account from American to English right now? Or when I buy a 3DS and make an account there?
3DS uses a different system called NNIDs.  You won't have to change a thing from your standard Nintendo Account, unless you want your eShop balance to be the same between the two systems, in which case they'd both have to be UK.  You have to set your NNID region to either UK or AUS since the 3DS has region lock, but you don't have to change your Nintendo Account region.

Long John Spaghetti

• The best (and only) ghost hunter on the forum
  • Monty Mole
  • "I'ma Luigi, number one!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Today at 02:43:05 PM »
You want to buy a New Nintendo 2DS XL if you want all the brand spanking new features
~ Long John Spaghetti was here.