Should I buy a 3DS?

Teedgee

wheres the bathroom
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Toadgamer
I'm starting to think I need one of those things. My local Virgin has a lot of cool 3DS games like Mario Golf World Tour and Mario Tennis Open. Plus, these games are really cheap there (I mean 30 bucks only!). There are some expensive games, like some Fire Emblem games or Pokémon games. But I'm still enjoying Super Smash Bros Ultimate, so maybe if I'll buy one, it'll be after I complete World Of Light. But should I get one someday?

No, there's no point in buying it when you have a far superior console that isn't going to die soon and has good games. Unless you don't have DS, then buy it because then you can play DS games on there (which are actually good).

Putt-Putt said:
No, there's no point in buying it when you have a far superior console that isn't going to die soon and has good games. Unless you don't have DS, then buy it because then you can play DS games on there (which are actually good).

hey buddy, i think you're in the wrong place. this is about the 3ds, the "should i buy a wii u" thread is two doors down

I'd definitely recommend it, especially since you never owned a DS. In addition to the Mario Sports games, you'll be able to play all five Mario & Luigi games, Mario 64, Mario 3D Land, New Mario 1 and 2, Mario Maker, Luigi's Mansion 1 and 2, Yoshi's Island 2, New Island, and Woolly World, and Kirby Super Star, Squeak Squad, Triple Deluxe, and Planet Robobot. Just a little warning that the 3DS is region-locked, so you won't be able to download eShop-only games like the expanded Kirby subgames or most of the Mario vs DK games.

King Dedede said:
I'd definitely recommend it, especially since you never owned a DS. In addition to the Mario Sports games, you'll be able to play all five Mario & Luigi games, Mario 64, Mario 3D Land, New Mario 1 and 2, Mario Maker, Luigi's Mansion 1 and 2, Yoshi's Island 2, New Island, and Woolly World, and Kirby Super Star, Squeak Squad, Triple Deluxe, and Planet Robobot. Just a little warning that the 3DS is region-locked, so you won't be able to download eShop-only games like the expanded Kirby subgames or most of the Mario vs DK games.

Unless you change your country.

Saltman said:
King Dedede said:

Are you even able to do that, though?

Stargazing said:
Saltman said:
changing your country still puts it in the same region and the games will be unavailable to access
Well, TG lives in Lebanon, and while there is no Lebanon eShop, it's still part of the general PAL region. If he could change his country to be in the UK or something, I think he'd still be able to access the eShop. But I'm pretty sure that the region setting is permanent and unmodifiable without a factory reset, so he'd have to have the region set to UK from the start.

Kirby and Dedede said:
Well, TG lives in Lebanon, and while there is no Lebanon eShop, it's still part of the general PAL region. If he could change his country to be in the UK or something, I think he'd still be able to access the eShop. But I'm pretty sure that the region setting is permanent and unmodifiable without a factory reset, so he'd have to have the region set to UK from the start.
you can only change your country to a country in the region you exist in. since he is in PAL, he can only change to a country that is in the PAL region. for me, since i'm canadian, i can only change to an american region.

it's locked in if you have a NNID, which i do have.

Stargazing said:
Kirby and Dedede said:
you can only change your country to a country in the region you exist in. since he is in PAL, he can only change to a country that is in the PAL region. for me, since i'm canadian, i can only change to an american region.

it's locked in if you have a NNID, which i do have.
UK is PAL, isn't it? As long as he doesn't get an NNID, I'm pretty sure he could change it to UK.

No, since the Nintendo Switch is slowly killing it. The 3DS is near the end of its era.

So, I should change my Nintendo Account from American to English right now? Or when I buy a 3DS and make an account there?

Greninja said:
So, I should change my Nintendo Account from American to English right now? Or when I buy a 3DS and make an account there?
3DS uses a different system called NNIDs. You won't have to change a thing from your standard Nintendo Account, unless you want your eShop balance to be the same between the two systems, in which case they'd both have to be UK. You have to set your NNID region to either UK or AUS since the 3DS has region lock, but you don't have to change your Nintendo Account region.

SuperDoom said:
Marchionne Evangelisti said:
You want to buy a New Nintendo 2DS XL if you want all the brand spanking new features
Nah. New 3DS is where it's at.
New 2DS is $50 cheaper and the only thing you lose is 3D. As cool as 3D is, I wouldn't call it worth $50 extra. Plus, New 2DS is more durable.

But if you want cheap, go for the $80 original 2DS. You can play almost every 3DS game on it, and you'll probably appreciate the extra durability. It doesn't come with all the cool extra features of a New model, but you can still play the amazing 3DS library, and the fact that it only costs $80 is a total steal.

B U M P

Ok so there's kind of an update on this.

I know, the 3DS is dead right now. But I still feel like buying one.

The thing is, our iPad stopped working for a few months now, and we're thinking of buying a new one. We were only using it to play games actually.

But today I had the idea of buying a 3DS instead of an iPad. There are a few reasons: First of all, it was made to be played with, and the iPad is just an oversized phone, not exactly made for games.

I think the main reason why I'd buy a 3DS over an iPad is because the 3DS' price is half the price of an iPad.

It's still expensive nonetheless, meaning I'll have to save a lot of money, which I don't really have right now.

Maybe I'll get one in the future, but I think I'll get one someday.

Back