Switch continues to go into sleep mode while charging.

London Parris

Retired until further notice
Banned User
MarioWiki
White Lightning
I had five instances of my Switch going into sleep mode automatically today while it was on the charger. It told me to put it on a charger when a WORKING charger is charging the damn console. I don't know how to make it stop. Any solutions?

Lakituthequick said:
Being charged or not does not affect sleep mode.

You can modify the timeout though, go to system settings and find the sleep mode menu, somewhere near the bottom.
I believe he is talking about the "console is dead and will soon go to sleep" message.

King Dedede said:
Lakituthequick said:
Being charged or not does not affect sleep mode.

You can modify the timeout though, go to system settings and find the sleep mode menu, somewhere near the bottom.
I believe he is talking about the "console is dead and will soon go to sleep" message.
That is what I'm saying. It is a literal pain in the ass to try to get it out of that.

If you're charging it with the dock, try connecting it to the Switch directly instead. Or, if you're trying it directly, connect it to the dock and see if it charges there. Also, try a different wall outlet.

If none of this works, then I'd probably buy another Switch AC adapter and see if that works at all.

If none of that works with multiple chargers, the problem likely lies with the Switch and I'm not really able to help you in that case.

Back