Mario Hacking

Parakoopa144

a delicious beverage
Any of you lads hack Mario? If you don't, its really fun you should try it. I'm pretty sure Fawful (as in the user!) mentioned hacking Super Paper Mario once, but thats about the extent of what I've heard. Personally, I'm working on a really small scale hack of New Super Mario Bros., y'know, just a sort of 5 - 10 level compilation. New Super Mario Bros is great to hack because theres loads of tools! Theres a game editor, ASM patches, tilesets, a map editor, the works, its really handy.

I'd highly reccomend you guys check out https://nsmbhd.net/ if you want resources for hacking that game, the guys there are really helpful.

So do you hack?

I have Newer Super Mario Bros., it's a really good game and if you haven't played it then you should.

I've also modded Mario Kart Wii with CTGP-R, the recent addition of 200cc makes Mario Kart 8 an almost useless game.

I'm also planning to mod the music in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, when there's an easy and reliable way to do it.

2tcSeCM.png

jJpa79R.png

qto9g7K.png

OW6sgjq.jpg

Plenty of nonMario/Nintendo games I put Mario crap into as well

KEufYep.jpg

skc2ab8.jpg

You should try out Super Mario 64 romhacking, but I'm also really interested in Super Mario Odyssey modding as well.

Yeah, as long as I'm not super into it and have below zero knowledge on how to install hacks without my consoles exploding, I rather not get near those things.

If you follow the steps outlined exactly, you shouldn't need to worry about your console breaking. Stuff like Luma3DS are built to be idiot-proof as well.

There's a lot of leeway for mistakes. If you put a file in the wrong location, no big deal. If your SD card isnt formatted, just won't work. I mean, as long as you're not doing anything extremely idiotic like trying to solder parts together when you have no soldering experience (you don't have to solder anyway for any hacks, just giving an example) or download viruses from random people on Discord that bricks the console, you aren't going to brick the console.

Abe Lincoln except Toad said:
I'd love to, but I'm broke and I'd rather not make my console broke too.

boi, my brain is the size of a single grain of rice, and even I can hack a Wii. It's idiotproof, and to my knowledge, theres litterally no way it can break your console. Its really fun, you should do it.

Also, speaking about bang for buck, you should also make most use of your console, and if you use it properly, you can even protect your console from bricks. Remember Wii update 4.2? That update, sanctioned by Nintendo, bricked consoles. If you modded your console and perfomed backups, you can actually restore them to normal. I did NAND backups on my Switch, and boy I feel more secure, but the best thing is using Switch homebrew to back up saves of the games I have.

I think you can access online as long as you don't boot it up in RCM mode or whatever. Don't quote me, though.

Yes, it's either you play the Switch in modded mode or you play Switch online. Can't have both, really. As long as you remain offline, you can try out the mods. In Odyssey's case, you shouldn't have much problem since it's a single player game.

I see absolutely nothing hacked about this.

They should make everyone run like that.

Holy hell if the mod makes everyone run like that, I would play it

I have CTGP-R on my Wii so I can play Mario Kart Wii online with Wiimmfi. It has two cool modes: 200cc and item rain. Three if you want to count countdown mode, but I'm not into it.

Back