Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I say let it grow

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
I mean I don't want it to die because I just got one, but a lot of people don't know whether it should die to let the Switch be the only handheld and let Nintendo be more focused on making games for it, or let it grow live so that there is a cheap alternative to the Switch and gets an even bigger library and longer lifespan.

What do you think?

i mean it's been out for 7 years, that's longer than the time between the release of the wii and the wii u, and over twice as long as the time between the release of the gba and the ds, not saying it should or shouldn't but it can't have much longer at this point

I hate to say it (as I hate for any console to die), but the vast majority of the games the 3DS has gotten since the Switch's release is 90% ports and remakes. It's practically already dead. Which is unfortunate, as it was one of the most unique handhelds ever to exist.

It lasted a while anyway so that's something to be happy about.

The Game Boy line lasted over a decade, the 3DS can keep going. It has other things to offer the Switch does not (3D, dual screens, smaller and easier portability, StreetPass, etc.).

And it's the only current gen Nintendo system I have so please no

Yayoi Takatsuki said:
i mean it's been out for 7 years, that's longer than the time between the release of the wii and the wii u, and over twice as long as the time between the release of the gba and the ds, not saying it should or shouldn't but it can't have much longer at this point
yeah the 3DS has had one hell of a good run, and I think most series have already made the jump to Switch

i'd be okay with them winding down the 3DS to focus on Switch, espec. since with the size of the catalog there's a lot of good choices left on it

Are they still making 1st party games for 3ds? I figured Switch had already succeeded it as the next handheld

they're releasing three seemingly original games called operation cobra, vera swings, and jake hunter detective story

I say that there's little point developing for the system any more and that resources used for 3DS development should go towards supporting the Switch instead. It's an old system that is on the verge of dying out and further games developed for it are mere life extenders at this point.

Just let it slowly die over 2019. Stop developing first-party titles after whatever might come out this year and the third-parties can decide what they'll do themselves.

sales are dismal for both hw and games and even first-party games that aren't even a year old are being clearanced out from every retaillers. It's dead

Let it live until the BIS remake has time to flourish, then cut it off and make the next M&L game for Switch.

who am I kidding there's no way that game will be successful, putting it on the 3DS at this point in the system's life was a death sentence and that's too bad since it's such an amazing game and even sadder it's about to get stomped into the ground by a far less ambitious NSMB port

Welp, looks like we have to port from 3DS to Switch.

Lord Fawful DX said:
who am I kidding there's no way that game will be successful, putting it on the 3DS at this point in the system's life was a death sentence and that's too bad since it's such an amazing game and even sadder it's about to get stomped into the ground by a far less ambitious NSMB port

Holy shit the pessimism tho

Nah, tbh. Sure, it's 9 years old, and even the Wii didn't survive this much, but the 3DS is a really good console. So hearing about it dying would kinda be bad news, especially since I'm planning to get one someday.

At this point, the 3DS feels like it's well past its prime. Miiverse is terminated, and it is also worth noting that the Nintendo Switch can be used like a handheld system for certain games.

he sunk back into the hole from whence he came. that filth, died of his wounds long ago

8 years is a pretty long life by console standards. Also how the system is doing in terms of sales and support is a better indication of its condition than a company's words.

Stargazing said:
i don't want it to die because if it does, they'll start porting just dance games to it

it would be amusing to ponder how they'll achieve a just dance game on a handheld.

Back