The most annoying voices

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
Some Mario characters have really irritating voices. Which are the worst?

I really hate Hammer Bro's voice. It's too high pitched and weird and doesn't sound like what I thought his actual voice was. Someone shut him up please.

I also don't like Daisy's voice because of how loud and obnoxious it sounds. She really needs to calm down.

Metal Mario's voice is also annoying because it sounds like Mario drowning.

I would definitely say Funky Kong, MC Ballyhoo, Big Top, Toadsworth, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, Blooper in Mario Tennis Aces (It seems too high pitched compared to Bloopers in other games) and Yoshi in Super Mario Odyssey (It sounds like he's trying to metamorphose into a cat or something, it's really awful).

Saltman said:
Metal Mario's voice is also annoying because it sounds like Mario drowning.
I wouldn't agree that it's really annoying, but it definitely sounds like Mario drowning. Same with Pink Gold Peach.

I never minded Peach's voice by Samantha Kelly but then at around 2014, I got annoyed of it, and sometime after that and to this day I never minded it again.

The most annoying voices to me are, Baby Mario in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Hammer Bros., and Baby Peach in Yoshi's Island DS.

There are just some Daisy voice clips that sound a bit on the ear-piercing side, but other than that, no voice has really ever bothered me in Mario. Unless the babies excluding Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are counted.

Sometimes Sam Kelly's Peach has this weird accent (is it an accent?) to it.

Jen Taylor's Peach is engraved into my memory to the point that it's the only Peach I hear now.

Some of Yoshi's voice clips in Mario Strikers Charged are annoying to me. And in Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, I'm not really that fond of Lanky's high-pitched GUUUUUHHHHH whenever he successfully uses a wild move.

I can't stand Luigi's voice from Mario Party 2. I think one of the reasons why I hated Luigi so much as a kid is because of his annoying, high-pitched voice from that game. His most annoying voice clip is "yahoo!" when he wins a minigame. God, I hate that voice.

I absolutely cannot stand Yoshi's current voice. He's become way too high-pitched over the years, and that coupled with his already baby-cutesy base voice, creates a thoroughly unpleasant auditory experience that drives me up the wall. I'm not exaggerating, I actually cannot bear to listen to it for an extended period of time because it makes me flinch involuntarily. I guess the effect is comparable to nails on a chalkboard for some. I couldn't play Super Mario Galaxy 2 because of it.

I wasn't really too bothered when they changed Yoshi's voice from the record scratch samples to intelligible speech in... I think it was Yoshi's Story that did that. But ever since they decided to uppercut him into the crotch hard enough to crash through various ceilings until he settled somewhere three octaves above "technically still tolerably squeaky", he's been ruined for me and I wish they'd just go back to strange noises.

I also cannot stand Yoshi either. I actually used to like Yoshi well into GCN, so after the landmark Yoshi's Story, but something about him in Mario Power Tennis absolutely ruined the character, and retroactively I just started hating everything about his current voice. It doesn't help that he's voiced by some middle-aged man whose pitch was turned up a notch. But in the recent years, Nintendo has amplified Yoshi's "cuteness" to an insufferable degree, like they're trying to shove how cute Yoshi is down our throats. I don't want Yoshi acting like a baby. I want Yoshi acting like what you expect from a cartoon dino. Like, they don't have to make him make these whining noises or these baby noises or sound like his diaper needs to be changed or make him act like some goddamn puppy.

Yoshi is the only character in the Mario series that does indeed hurt to listen to especially when you're listening to Yoshi's voice bank in Mario Kart 8 or Super Mario Odyssey. All those high-pitched "roooooo-ooo"s and "wa-rooo!!!" and "roo-rooo!" and his "YO YO!" make me want to strangle him. I don't know how people find Daisy annoying but Yoshi is somehow perfectly tolerable or ignored. Daisy's voice doesn't reach that whiny baby frequency that Yoshi achieves, which IMO, is the worst kind of annoying. Neither does Toad. I don't like how Toads act excessively baby-like either sometimes, but I think they're legit cute, and I actually like Toad's current voice.

I think one reason Yoshi is so insufferable is that his audio frequency is around the same as a whiny cat. Like, I was subjected to a bunch of cats probably fucking each other in the middle of the night and I realized how close in pitch it is to Yoshi's current voice. Yoshi sounds AWFUL, like a kitten trying to give birth, when he flutter jumps, and he flutter jumps often. His flutter jump in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Super Mario Odyssey makes me want to punch a pillow.

I think Yoshi first started getting over-the-top "cute" and squeaky in Sunshine.

I'm not going to get into how awful his current design is. His older design actually stood out a bit from the rest of the cast. We simply just don't have long-necked dinos with small arms, why make it more humanoid, bulging fingers, and boring? Yeesh.

I think the thing that always annoyed me the most about Daisy is that she never shuts up. It feels like she's always yelling something stupid that no one really wants to hear. I think anyone who's ever play Double Dash would agree that hearing "HI I'M DAISY" every 15 seconds starts to get on your nerves after a while.

I've also always hated Bowser Jr.'s voice for some reason. I don't really know why, but something about it just bothers me.

Joel Robinson said:
I think anyone who's ever play Double Dash would agree that hearing "HI I'M DAISY" every 15 seconds starts to get on your nerves after a while.
You don't hear that a lot unless you use Daisy yourself or someone else in the splitscreen does.

Not only do I think "Hi I'm Daisy" is overblown, I intermix between "Hi I'm Daisy" and "It's a Mario time", and my sister and I even have a pinned message on the MarioWiki Discord being "Hi I'm Daisy" Hell.

Mario Party X said:
Joel Robinson said:
I think anyone who's ever play Double Dash would agree that hearing "HI I'M DAISY" every 15 seconds starts to get on your nerves after a while.
You don't hear that a lot unless you use Daisy yourself or someone else in the splitscreen does.

Could just be because my dad plays as Daisy in Double Dash.

Yoshi's voice is tolerable when he doesn't speak much and says the occassional "Yoshi!" but OH GOD it can be really loud and feel forced at times, especially his "HGNNNNNNNGH!!!" sound, which is worse in Mario Run because he does it every time you flutter jump.

Saltman said:
Yoshi's voice is tolerable when he doesn't speak much
that makes his voice not tolerable :bobomb:

I didn't really mind Yoshi's voice all that much to be completely honest. Yeah it can be a bit tiring, especially in Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario Run.

Saltman said:
I really hate Hammer Bro's voice. It's too high pitched and weird and doesn't sound like what I thought his actual voice was. Someone shut him up please.
dont they have like at least 2 separate voice sets (compare mario odyssey to super mario party(i think) for example)
anyway i dont have anyone to complain about. i like yoshis and even toads voices.
the only complains i have is like, voice clips which are perfectly fine and good on their own but they end up being repeated too much and then they utterly engrave into my mind (not including the generic action ones). like in smo when you travel between kingdoms before the postgame i love you cappy but could you sometimes use Other Voice Clips

Abe Lincoln except Toad said:
Yoshi, Peach, and...Mario. His voice got extremely high-pitched in the Wii U era.

Tbh Toad isn't that annoying imo.
Peach's voice isn't too bad when she's playable. As a damsel in distress, I got used to it. There are several damsels in distresses with more annoying voices than Peach like, I don't know, Ashley Graham from Resident Evil 4. She's worse than Peach, tbh.

Saltman said:
What do you mean this not opposite day.

You want him to speak more :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi:?
I think you misunderstood my post. You said Yoshi's voice is tolerable, but the conditional you gave was when his voice is used to a minimum. This assumes that Yoshi's voice used at normal frequencies are not tolerable under your conditions, so I just said, that makes Yoshi's voice intolerable by default.

ZelenPixel said:
the only complains i have is like, voice clips which are perfectly fine and good on their own but they end up being repeated too much and then they utterly engrave into my mind (not including the generic action ones). like in smo when you travel between kingdoms before the postgame i love you cappy but could you sometimes use Other Voice Clips
Ker definay?

Speaking of repeated voice clips, fans really need to expand their library of Mario voice clips beyond Super Mario freaking 64. It always sounds bad when you use it in tandem with Mario's more modern voice lines. Just stop using it unless the context is strictly with Melee or Super Mario 64.

Abe Lincoln except Toad said:
Yoshi, Peach, and...Mario. His voice got extremely high-pitched in the Wii U era.
The only game where Mario's arguably shrill is Mario Kart 8. I agree, he sounds pretty bad. Mario Tennis Ultra Smash Mario is actually a deeper Mario for some reason, and Mario Party 10 Mario sounds all right to me. Super Mario 3D World Mario also sounds all right.

LGM and Edo already said what I want to say about Yoshi's current voice and yeah, I fucking hate it. His voice makes me want to cram my arm down his throat and bloodily rip out his vocal chords. It has a particular quality to that makes me cringe and I say that nails on a chalkboard is an apt description for it. He sounds like he's giving birth or taking a shit while he's flutter jumping (which I believe he does whenever he makes those "eggs") and a good chunk of his voices is just agony to listen to. I have no idea what they're even trying to do with his voice. Trying to make him cute in the most obnoxious way possible?

I also find Peach's voice pretty annoying too. She sounds like a man trying his best to sound like a woman, her voice being exaggeratedly high-pitched. At least Daisy, Rosalina, and Pauline sound like women. Surprisingly take no offense to her "MARIOOOOOOOO" yell though, but mostly because of her being a witch in Left 4 Dead 2.

Also, Harriet that dumbass ugly female rabbit from Super Mario Odyssey has a painful shrieking sound that only further make me question what the fuck do people see in her. Koopalings in general have irritating voices, especially the smaller ones like Larry.

Honorable mention: While I do like Toad and I have no problems with his voice whatsoever, I don't know why they ultimately decided to go with that raspy heavy smoker voice of his.

Baby Rosalina's voice I find bad but not annoying. She just doesn't sound like a baby, that's my biggest beef with her.

Lord Fawful DX said:
I can't really think of a voice I dislike.

Aw come on just let it out, I'll give that post a free, guaranteed like.

Baby Luigi said:
I also find Peach's voice pretty annoying too. She sounds like a man trying his best to sound like a woman, her voice being exaggeratedly high-pitched. At least Daisy, Rosalina, and Pauline sound like women. Surprisingly take no offense to her "MARIOOOOOOOO" yell though, but mostly because of her being a witch in Left 4 Dead 2.

Is it worse with Jen Taylor than it is with Sam Kelly or both? Do you vastly prefer Leslie Swan over Jen Taylor or Sam Kelly?

Back