Author Topic: The most annoying voices  (Read 2528 times)

Moldo

• I have no idea why I made Pink Yoshi as a troll face, but hey, it's good for when you tell a bad joke.
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
Re: The most annoying voices
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 06:45:54 PM »
Yoshi, Peach, and...Mario. His voice got extremely high-pitched in the Wii U era.

Tbh Toad isn't that annoying imo.

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
  • Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 06:54:23 PM »
Yoshi, Peach, and...Mario. His voice got extremely high-pitched in the Wii U era.

Tbh Toad isn't that annoying imo.
Peach's voice isn't too bad when she's playable. As a damsel in distress, I got used to it. There are several damsels in distresses with more annoying voices than Peach like, I don't know, Ashley Graham from Resident Evil 4. She's worse than Peach, tbh.

LeftyGreenMario

• Do not show the embarrassing CPU scores during the battle.
  • Donkey Kong
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 07:07:56 PM »
What do you mean this not opposite day.

You want him to speak more :yoshi:  :yoshi:  :yoshi:?
I think you misunderstood my post. You said Yoshi's voice is tolerable, but the conditional you gave was when his voice is used to a minimum. This assumes that Yoshi's voice used at normal frequencies are not tolerable under your conditions, so I just said, that makes Yoshi's voice intolerable by default.

the only complains i have is like, voice clips which are perfectly fine and good on their own but they end up being repeated too much and then they utterly engrave into my mind (not including the generic action ones). like in smo when you travel between kingdoms before the postgame i love you cappy but could you sometimes use Other Voice Clips
Ker definay?

Speaking of repeated voice clips, fans really need to expand their library of Mario voice clips beyond Super Mario freaking 64. It always sounds bad when you use it in tandem with Mario's more modern voice lines. Just stop using it unless the context is strictly with Melee or Super Mario 64.

The only game where Mario's arguably shrill is Mario Kart 8. I agree, he sounds pretty bad. Mario Tennis Ultra Smash Mario is actually a deeper Mario for some reason, and Mario Party 10 Mario sounds all right to me. Super Mario 3D World Mario also sounds all right.

Baby Luigi

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – Тарелка бл🧀🧀🧀 сырная!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2019, 08:18:28 PM »
LGM and Edo already said what I want to say about Yoshi's current voice and yeah, I *bleep*ing hate it. His voice makes me want to cram my arm down his throat and bloodily rip out his vocal chords. It has a particular quality to that makes me cringe and I say that nails on a chalkboard is an apt description for it. He sounds like he's giving birth or taking a *bleep* while he's flutter jumping (which I believe he does whenever he makes those "eggs") and a good chunk of his voices is just agony to listen to. I have no idea what they're even trying to do with his voice. Trying to make him cute in the most obnoxious way possible?

I also find Peach's voice pretty annoying too. She sounds like a man trying his best to sound like a woman, her voice being exaggeratedly high-pitched. At least Daisy, Rosalina, and Pauline sound like women. Surprisingly take no offense to her "MARIOOOOOOOO" yell though, but mostly because of her being a witch in Left 4 Dead 2.

Also, Harriet that dumbass ugly female rabbit from Super Mario Odyssey has a painful shrieking sound that only further make me question what the *bleep* do people see in her. Koopalings in general have irritating voices, especially the smaller ones like Larry.

Honorable mention: While I do like Toad and I have no problems with his voice whatsoever, I don't know why they ultimately decided to go with that raspy heavy smoker voice of his.

Baby Rosalina's voice I find bad but not annoying. She just doesn't sound like a baby, that's my biggest beef with her.

I can't really think of a voice I dislike.

Aw come on just let it out, I'll give that post a free, guaranteed like.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2019, 08:27:02 PM »

I also find Peach's voice pretty annoying too. She sounds like a man trying his best to sound like a woman, her voice being exaggeratedly high-pitched. At least Daisy, Rosalina, and Pauline sound like women. Surprisingly take no offense to her "MARIOOOOOOOO" yell though, but mostly because of her being a witch in Left 4 Dead 2.

Is it worse with Jen Taylor than it is with Sam Kelly or both? Do you vastly prefer Leslie Swan over Jen Taylor or Sam Kelly?

Baby Luigi

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2019, 08:28:08 PM »
It doesn't matter who it is, they all sound like men trying to sound like women.

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 08:33:04 PM »
It doesn't matter who it is, they all sound like men trying to sound like women.
Well, Leslie Swan in SM64 and Mario Kart 64 isn't high pitched like Jen Taylor or Samantha Kelly. Jen basically made Peach what she is today. Peach is supposed to sound sweet. I mean she's supposed to have that girly girl sound. Jen was the first voice actress of Peach that successfully pulled it off with Sam Kelly improving it to make her sound older and fit her personality a lot more. I think Nicole Mill's Peach voice is the worst I've heard. Sam and Jen are much better. I mean it's quite interesting that my opinion of Peach's voice (and herself) got better while yours got worse to the point of not liking her all that much, I mean back in 2014 the thread where I wanted to change her voice from Sam Kelly to Ash's Japanese voice, I complained a lot about her Maaaaariiiioo scream, while you didn't care that much about it. Gradually, I had gotten over it and didn't seem to mind it that much anymore.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 08:55:38 PM by Roll and Maria Renard »

winstein

• Shine Sprite
  • Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2019, 12:58:17 AM »
I wish Birdo has a different voice direction because Birdo felt like a bigger character than the regular enemies, yet sounds way too much like how a Mario enemy would normally sound. I wouldn't even mind it if Birdo has a regular voice actor like in Super Mario Advance.

Otherwise, I wasn't able to find any annoying voices in retrospect. The Piantas have oafish voices but they have their charm; Blooper is amusing because I never heard Blooper's voice until Mario Tennis Aces; Bowser Jr's a bit obnoxious but it's part of who he is; Modern Peach is high-pitched but not unbearable, though Rosalina in Mario Kart 8 comes close to annoying if not for the fact that I find it hilarious that she sounded way too much like Peach.

Thank you for reading.
(Credit goes to Alex95 for this signature)

Cheeze

• Blooper
  • Doughboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2019, 01:48:09 AM »
It makes me really sad to see a lot of people saying Yoshi's voice annoys them. I find it adorable.

Baby Luigi

• Mushroom Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2019, 02:23:19 AM »
Just our silly opinions mate, don't let em bother ya too much as it isn't anything personal

Isabelle

• Best girl. And dog. And definitely NOT deserving of the mostly *bleep* fanart she gets.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • The adorable, fluffy, 100% hug material Isabelle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2019, 03:04:19 AM »
Yeah.

It's the kind of attitude you gotta have when you're a very easygoing person.

You know, like me!

MnSG

• Shine Sprite
  • Cosmic Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2019, 08:15:07 AM »
Mario Kart Wii Daisy actually makes Funky Kong sound good.

Baby Luigi

• Mushroom Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2019, 12:56:37 PM »
I'd imagine people who find Funky's voice annoying spent more time than it is healthy in Mario Kart Wii's online.

LeftyGreenMario

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2019, 12:57:47 PM »
Koopa Troopa makes really annoying noises ever since they decided to amp up its pitch and have it sound like Paratroopa at points.

Saltman

• Magikoopa
  • Mr. Saltman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2019, 01:11:40 PM »
I think Funky's voice is hilarious, like Toad's voice or Kamek's.

At least it's fitting compared to Hammer Bro's.

Baby Luigi

• Mushroom Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2019, 01:19:47 PM »
I like Hammer Bro being electrocuted in Super Mario Strikers

Saltman

• Magikoopa
  • Mr. Saltman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2019, 01:24:05 PM »
Daisy is funnier because her skeleton has 2 sets of teeth.

Is she an alien :daisy: ?

Baby Luigi

• Mushroom Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2019, 01:27:16 PM »
Nah, just a human with a third eye, a ululating shriek, tendency to greet herself at any opportune moments, and ability to pararistically grow botanical life wherever.

Saltman

• Magikoopa
  • Mr. Saltman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2019, 01:34:39 PM »
Where does the third eye thing come from? I'm morbidly curious to know.

LeftyGreenMario

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2019, 02:25:45 PM »
Super Smash Bros. Melee's Daisy trophy has a UV error where a portion of her skull was UV'd over a part of her eye texture. You can actually see it if you own an older copy of Melee since the game lets you zoom inside trophies. You zoom inside Daisy's hair.