Does nintendo know about the wiki?

Probably. We're the biggest Mario wiki out there, after all.

If Nintendo knows some of us (like, met them during E3, or stuff like that), they definitely do!

There's also more than 2000 members here, so this place is pretty famous.

I'm pretty sure they're at least aware of the place's existence, though I can't imagine they especially care.

Let's hope they never start caring too much, or they might attempt to shut it down or profit from it in some form.

MVE856 said:
Alex95 said:
do you have proof?

Maybe not concrete, but I remember during the E3 2015 NWC game, Super Mario Maker's full title was revealed. At first, it was just "Mario Maker". When the full title was revealed, one of the Treehouse members commenting yelled "Update those wikis!" Wikipedia, Super Mario Wiki, Mario Wikia, whatever else, they were referring to more than one.

And then there's that whole Encyclopedia Super Mario Bros. debacle, though that's more on third-party translators than Nintendo. Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo does actually confirm they've used the Super Mario Wiki before or currently.

if someone can prove to me that nobody from nintendo has ever encountered the wiki at the time of this post i will post a video of myself burning a Lucina poster

Shygul said:
if someone can prove to me that nobody from nintendo has ever encountered the wiki at the time of this post i will post a video of myself burning a Lucina poster

That's a waste of a poster, ship it to me instead

Nintendo have probably heard of us, plus I swear a former employee once signed up as an editor, but I highly doubt they care about us too much.

It's in the first page of search results when you Google "Mario", so i'm sure someone there had to glance at it at one point or another.

Bill Trinen retweeted the wiki's twitter once and Ko Takeuchi has liked/rted it a bunch of times too

424px-ESMB_English_Cover.jpg

I thought we've been over this, lol

Look at Mario there, winking at us, the wiki people.

That's the "leave it to us" kind of look

Back