How many people are mario fans?

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
What is the estimated number? not just from the 500 million sales of games but also media and pirated copies of games and flash games and other stuff.

Probably would never know exactly (and 500 million sales can be bought by nonfans as well or grown to be nonfans so that's not an accurate metric either). Additionally, LGM and I became fans BECAUSE of the merchandise and plush dolls.

not exactly the topic but in russia specifically there doesnt seem to be a lot at all. nintendo fans are few and far between on their own, and i always see more russian kirby and pokemon, maybe even earthbound fans, than mario fans(which ive only seen a few people be such)
anyway on a global scale i wonder too.. theres gotta be quite a fair bit though i wouldnt say its a particularly large fandom from what i know

My classmates always laugh when I mention Mario for some reason, and they're always talking about more violent games like Fortnite. To be honest, the only other actual Mario fans I know are my siblings. I'm sure everyone talked about Mario back in 1985. Man, how times have changed...

Santa Yoshi said:
My classmates always laugh when I mention Mario for some reason, and they're always talking about more violent games like Fortnite. To be honest, the only other actual Mario fans I know are my siblings. I'm sure everyone talked about Mario back in 1985. Man, how times have changed...
I feel ya. There's only one classmate who recognizes most of the characters I draw, I'm sure most of them recognize the character Mario but aren't into the series enough to know more obscure characters like from Paper Mario or M&L. And probably don't care about any Mario games really. There's a girl who likes Smash but not so much for the Mario content. One classmate looked at my YouTube channel and said he didn't sub only because he isn't into Mario. I wasn't asking him to, but those were his words so that's a testament to his (and most people I meet) disinterest in Mario.

I don't even have family that is into it though either. No siblings close to my age, and the family I still talk to doesn't seem interested in discussing fiction at all, and of course very uninitiated on gaming due in part to that. My mom probably only recognizes characters because I won't shut up about them.

Tsk tsk.

YFJ, our generation of young people is going to be leading the world one day, and look at where the interests are getting flushed away. In a free-to-play game whose cosmetic changes cost more than itself.

However, this year, I found myself a couple of Nintendo fans amongst all the tenth graders, and lemme tell ya it feels great to talk to then bout Nintendo things. Everyone of them is slowly getting Smash one by one.

So what I'm saying is the world still has hope.

Alex95 said:
idk man, too many
too many? I think you mean "not enough"

Initially I thought this thread is asking about fans of Mario the character, in which case I am inclined to say not much, because it appears that Luigi fans are more domineering online compared to Mario. However, I acknowledge that Mario is the more popular of the two nonetheless, so I guess there's a huge number of it.

One thing for sure: Mario needs an animated series if the number were to increase further, but I am not sure that releasing it recently would do it any good, since television as a whole is not watched by as many people these days.

Thank you for reading.

yeah sales and stuff shouldn't be concurrent with the fandom, i reckon about half of those sales would consider themselves fans, and only a quarter of that half would be die hard fans

interestingly, i'm probably one of those peeps who contributed to those sales yet isn't a fan, as i wouldn't consider myself a fan of mario anymore

yet here i am part of a mario community

spoiler alert: i stay for the people

Back