Who else could have worked as a boss in classic mode?

SiFi

Just a flight attendant guy.
MarioWiki
SiFi
We could have had a two phase battle against Eggman or Wily, with the first being them in a big machine and the second having them take a more evasive approach in the Eggmobile/Wily Capsule. When I put it that way it does sound like it'd be redundant to have both of them, but there's probably a way to make them unique. But both series also have plenty of others to offer, like Chaos, Sigma, some fortress boss or another, etc.

And in the unlikely event they decided, "let's have something from a Final Fantasy game other than VII", bosses would be a good place to start. No specific examples immediately come to mind, but the series has been going on long enough to have all sorts.

I could sit around all day adding ideas to this, but I think I'll just stop with Mother Brain's full body form from Super Metroid.

Kraid is too big.

Ridley's too small.

Should've brought back the Rayquaza boss. If not Rayquaza, then Hoopa's Unbounded Form would make for a really interesting fight, that could even fully reference other games, since it can pull objects out of anywhere.

If they hadn't made Petey Piranha a Final Smash for Piranha Plant, he could've been a boss for Daisy or others.

Of course you have to put King Boo for Weegee, but I'm not very creative and can't come up with attacks for him.

But come on Luigi vs. Dracula is the most anticipated grudge match ever, just look how tense things get between them.

7sStit2.png

'Staches and stares for days.

Simon Belmont said:
But come on Luigi vs. Dracula is the most anticipated grudge match ever, just look how tense things get between them.

Actually that makes sense. I haven't played Classic Mode with Weegee yet, so I didn't know who his boss was.

They made Rathalos a boss and an assist trophy, couldn't they have done that with Black Knight or something?

Super Dimentio, but I'm not sure who would fight him in Classic Mode. For the fight though the intro scene could show a dazed Luigi, then Dimentio emerges behind him and there's a transformation animation and you fight Super Dimentio. His moveset from SPM seems like it would fit a Smash boss battle decently well too, even without the platforms, he could fire projectiles and occasionally do the super jump that you have to dodge as he lands. And also shit out mini 8-bit Luigis of course. Maybe even make the first phase against regular Dimentio, with his teleporting and shit.

Or, have Mr. L with Brobot, but honestly if they implement Mr. L into gameplay I'd prefer him as an alt to Luigi, with a cosmetic switch to Brobot during the final smash animation (Brobot still inhales stuff). But as we see with Giga Bowser, that doesn't have to stop him from being a boss too.

Idk Smorg could probably also work like a Smash boss.

I mean Master Hand keeps making shapes with his... hand, and that's basically what the Smorgs do with themselves, so wynaut?

To add onto the Rayquaza mention earlier, considering they brought back Galleom from Brawl, they could have brought back Porky for Ness and Lucas. I mean, he had a plethora of moves already and considering they gave Galleon new moves, they could have easily done so for Porky. Hell, he even a stage he could have perfectly been fought on with some tweaking (New Pork City although probably similar to Galleom's arena with the walk-offs).

I'm suspecting that the lack of Porky as a boss and in spirit form (except one, technically....) when all other non-playable brawl bosses got represented as spirits may hint at something bigger, but I'm not gonna disappoint myself. It's not like there was a lack of Mother spirits in the game considering some of the characters they decided to go with.

Giga Bowser should have been Yoshi's final boss, especially since Bowser's final Smash is based on the final boss from Yoshi's Island. I have no idea why it's Rathalos.

Bucken Berry said:
Giga Bowser should have been Yoshi's final boss, especially since Bowser's final Smash is based on the final boss from Yoshi's Island. I have no idea why it's Rathalos.

I was about to say, "Because Rathalos is a dragon, and Yoshi only fights reptilian enemies", but Giga Bowser would work too. He's reptilian.

I want Duon back. Mostly because I want to fight him as Ice Climbers (he would be the boss for them at least).

Back