Mario games where you can use only one controller for multiplayer?

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
Any Mario games you know where you can just pass around the controller instead of having to use 2 or more controllers for multiplayer? I already have a few games that can do this but not any from Mario, and it would be really convenient.

I know Mario Golf: Advance Tour has this functionality, and I think the Mario Golf games before that also have this functionality too. Sadly World Tour doesn't have it.

Thank you for reading.

og Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World

basically all the classic 2d ones except for 2/USA

Lucinavidad said:
og Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World

basically all the classic 2d ones except for 2/USA

I know those games alternate between playable characters, but are they able to be passed around from one controller port, or do they require you to plug in a second controller port to control the second player?

Thank you for reading.

i cant quite remember if its the same for og Super Mario Bros. but for the others you need to plug in a controller to the second port. however there's nothing preventing you from just using the same controller and switching the port its plugged into and then switching them back etc.

There are some events in Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games that can be done multiplayer but with one remote (like Uneven Bars and Dream Equestrian, but each person gets one team no matter what). I am pretty sure the other home console Olympic games are this way, but I haven't played any.

Back