Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Byleth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Belle

Peace be with you, whoever you are.
Pronouns
He/him
Thread title. DLC characters will be added to poll upon their release. Also if people have more than 10 mains i'll be willing to change the amount of votes people can cast. Will post my own thoughts on this subject later.

Falcon and Luigi, my usual

I might bring Game and Watch back up to main this game since bucket is too good

I don't have a main. I like playing as all of these characters:

Peach
Zelda
Wii Fit Trainer
Palutena

Rosalina
Female Robin
Bowser Jr./Wendy
Zero Suit Samus
Jigglypuff

Ice Climbers
Inkling
Isabelle
Bayonetta

Pokémon Trainer (female)
Pikachu
Pichu
Duck Hunt

The bolded characters are the ones that I voted for.

Dork Pit, obviously.

I also play Bowser and DK because they're easier to use with the poor online.

Cloud is fun too.

10 is actually perfect for me since I kind of decided that I would at least begin with a set of 10 I'll use the most. I think I've mostly decided by now though I've dabbled and considered a few and even ended up dropping a character or two that I initially planned to use alot.

I'll go by character in the order they are in the game by number

Link: I thought the Timed bomb thing plus the no hookshot grab may have made it enough for me to consider not using him as much since it wouldn't be like Smash 4 Link how I used him. But after trying it out a bit more, Link's pretty awesome and seems to have better options then Link's ever had before.

Pikachu: For a character that's so called one of the best competitively I don't think I'm all that good with him yet but I just refuse to not use Pikachu considering he's just historically always been in my mains since the first game. Not sure if I'll ever get to doing any of the pro strats that Pikachu may be able to perform. But even if I'm not a good Pikachu user, I just refuse to budge on that front.

Luigi: Luigi's clearly not as well set-up as he was in Smash 4. But I still find him fun to play here, his grab while longer feels kinda hard to land but I still just like Luigi's set a good amount.

Ness: I still like to play as Ness quite a bit and it's no different here. I think the biggest change though regarding his moveset is I'm using a certain other character that has similar but different enough kit alongside because I really enjoy the additions they gave that character

Lucas: That being Lucas of course, I always will like Ness more but in Ultimate I really feel like Lucas stands out with his moveset enough for me to use him quite a bit more. PK Freeze can kill especially in Edgeguard situations. And of course that up-smash has always been no-joke. But yeah, I'm using both of the MOTHER boys this time around.

Sonic: You don't know me if you didn't know I was going to use Sonic. Always will have Sonic to use for hours upon hours. I do know he's clearly not as strong as he was back in Smash 4. But he still feels fun to me, and the upgraded Homing attack is amazing in his kit.

Mii Brawler: I actually have to use a nearly entirely different set from Smash 4 because most of the moves I used on my Mii in Smash 4 either did not return or are not as effective as they once were. But I still get a kick out of playing the Brawler. If the Tails costume ever returns in DLC I'll also start using Gunner again. But until then Brawler's the only character of the Miis that I'll use regardless of costume.

Shulk: His Monado modes are still so fun to switch between. Even better now that's it's easier to pick the one you want.

Cloud: Was my favorite DLC character from the last game and he's still fun for me to use here.

Inkling: I was correct in saying that the Inkling was the newcomer I was most interesting in using and they turned out to be really fun. I definitely plan on using them quite a bit.

Piranha Plant when he comes out.

Mario. Childhood main. Will be loyal even if he ends up being Barlw levels of abhorrent filth. Easy to learn, lots of new animations, fast, nimble, has a fancy suit, sports a cape, has a water pump, shoots fire, this guy got everything. Except range. And a voice that doesn't bore me though his second jump noise remains spammable.

I miss his ginormous up taint

Isabelle because she is cute, perfect doggo with Gyroid and Fishing Rod tricks.

Also Random for the memez.

Main:
1. Mr Game & Watch

Secondaries:
2. PAC-MAN
3. King K. Rool
4. Snake

Tertiary:
5. Simon Belmont
6. Wolf
7. Mewtwo
8. Lucas
9. King Dedede
10. Ivysaur

Somewhere in between Tertiary and Pocket:
10. Dr. Mario
11. R.O.B.

Pocket:
13. Jigglypuff
14. Mega Man
15. Dark Samus
16. Cloud
17. Young Link

Main: The character I use the most.
Secondary: Characters that I still use frequently, just not as much as my main.
Tertiary: Character that I play less then the above two, but still heavily enjoy.
Pocket: Characters that I still enjoy, but only play when I want to try something different (and by different, I mean more projectile based characters).

Always have stuck with Ness, always will, unless they make Baby Mario and/or Baby Luigi playable characters.

Wario, Young Link, Ice Climbers, and King K. Rool. And Yoshi of course.

Also just saying - WOW - Young Link actually has one unique thing going for him (never played Melee).

Mario is my signature main as always.

As for secondaries I also occasionally use Captain Falcon, Dr. Mario, and most recently Inkling.

This boi

latest

Even if I knew he'd be my main, I'm still having way more fun with him than I expected, and the same goes for the game in general.

For now, I have Kirby, Bowser, Inkling and Villager. But I haven't unlocked everyone, so I'll post here again when I will.

So I unlocked Ike and Isabelle.

As expected, they play so great.

kondey dong, krudd and martha's sister

I also love palying as ryu but I'm no good with him

Tier 1
-lucina

Tier 2
-robin
-corrin

Tier 3
-zero suit samus
-young link
-link
-ridley
-palutena

I'm maining
*Corrin, I spam her Dragon Lunge, and a few smash attacks with a counter or two.
*Bayonetta, she was my backup main in Smash 4. And I can pull out complex combos to whip up dangerous combos despite her nerfs. I use heel slide, witch twist, after burner kick, another after burner kick, up air, neutral infinite, then down smash. The second hit of the after burner kick is hard due to the nerfs, but I pull them off. She is my backup main as Corrin is my primary main.

*Ken, I done a lot of stuff, and his imput attacks are hard to pull off. I only pulled of a strong hurricane kick, once. That is what the translation of his side special move.
*Richter, I use him over Simon.

Right now I'm leaning a lot towards Incineroar, his side-b is pretty deadly and he has amazing throws, and a good ladder combo (up air up air up air).

Ridley is pretty fun too, his command grab is fun and landing that down-b is just mmmmmmmm

I guess he has good aerials too.

Also Marth because he's stuck with me throughout the time I started to take Smash seriously so I can't really drop him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back