Confusing sprites

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
Don't really know what board does this belong in.

This thread is for sprites, models and other stuff from games that look like something they actually aren't.

I always thought Mario's crouching sprite looked like a weird red bird thing with pants and sunglasses.

SIt8Xcx.png

I'm really smart, as you can see.

Agahnim's sprite used to remind me of Pokey Minch a bit.

Agahnim-ALTTP-Sprite.png
80b0d0463bfe38e5ec30a93dea73ec0ccdbe1191r1-200-288_00.gif

And then we have Armaldo...

Spr_5b_348.png

I used to think those red nostrils on it's face was it's eyes.

piq_7456_400x400.png

This is Bartz' sprite from Final Fantasy 5. I thought that his arm is his backpack, so he's basically carrying his backpack in battle, while a regular person wouldn't really see it.

Thank you for reading.

i dont know if it counts per say but i used to think mario actually spat fire out of his mouth and the hand motion was just him trying to cover it because spitting is rude

Mario smacks Yoshi in the head.

Oh Lord, I laughed out loud in the opening post.

I can tell you all about the guns in the original DOOM

Let's see. The shotgun looked like a triangle with a face. The pistol also looks like a blob with a face. The rocket launcher looks like a garbage can. The chain gun looks like a metallic thing, but also a garbage can. The plasma gun looks like a tan ridged cube with a crown.

DK stock head in the original Smash is a confusing mess of pixels and I though he was looking straight at you, but really, that icon is just clipped from the mugshot. Mario and Luigi's stock icons look nothing like them, and I cannot understand that their mustache looks like just gaping mouths.

The hydralisk corpse in the original StarCraft has always looked like a dead dog to me, with it's about pointing to the right.

StarCraft mugshots... Holy hell I interpreted those wildly. The drone looked like it had dots for eyes, but it's actually the red orbs on the side of the head. The observer is actually facing away from the player. I didn't see the face of the Dragoon properly and thought it was a stone blob. The blue orb thing, I thought was a dark blue gaseous thing but it's actually the face of a protoss creature in there. The probes were just weird, like I though it had a face with a straight mouth, but those green things are probably the eyes. The shuttle is completely weird, just being a dark shape with glowing lights but it also appears to have a face. The mutalisk was confusing, as it looks like its face, but it's really the tip of the tail...

Back