Do you remember the numbers on Smash playable characters?

How well do you know all the Smash fighters' numbers?

• Yes, I know every Smash character's number by heart. I could even ace a test with these questions!

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I know a lot of them to identify the associated fighters and numbers.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I only know a few of the associated fighters and numbers.

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • I have no idea nor remember what number goes to what fighter.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I don't bother with the nonsensical tiny details.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
When Smash Ultimate was played out in full, one thing that the trailer did was to assign a number to every character based on their debut in Smash. For example, Mario is number 1 because he is the first character in the Smash roster, while Bayonetta was #63 because she was the final DLC character in Smash 4. Since Smash Ultimate's main draw is that every playable fighter in the past four games are all playable, the numbers made sense. In a way, this is very similar to Pokemon, since every Pokemon have a National PokeDex number associated with them, usually based on their introduction in the game's Regional PokeDex. Examples include #94 for Gengar and #494 for Victini.

Now the question to all of you is: do you know the number for each of the playable character by heart? For example, if somebody declares a number like 32, do you know who the character is? Conversely, do you know what number Duck Hunt is associated with?

There is a poll, so those who would prefer to just make their response invisibly could just do so conveniently (unless you have a fringe case).

Thank you for reading.

Re: Do you remember the numbers of Smash playable characters?

Mmmm the numbers change every time so unless there's some surprise question in AP US history on what number Cloney McBaloney is on Smash Ultimate, I don't see the point.

I
KNOW
EVERYTHING

Watching the "Everyone Is Here" trailer over and over again until I got tired of it, all character trailers one after an other, that's gotta be the LEAST you can expect out of me at this point.

I only remember the first twelve fighters from Smash 64 because they're the easiest characters to remember. Then after that, all I know is that Peach comes next (13), then the girl to the right of her (13e), and then Bowser (14). I don't know the rest. Also:

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
unless there's some surprise question in AP US history on what number Cloney McBaloney is on Smash Ultimate, I don't see the point.

Snoadgamer said:
Counting the DLC, there are 75 characters in total.

No, that is not what I meant about numbers on Smash playable characters. Take a look at the image below:
maxresdefault.jpg

You notice how Kirby has the accompanying number "06"? This means that Kirby's number is "06". So basically do you know what number does "32" belong to, and what number Duck Hunt is?

Santa Yoshi said:
I know 01 (Mario), 04 (Yoshi), and 05 (Kirby). That's it.

When I took this screenshot I realised that the number you posted on Kirby was not correct, as with Yoshi, since Samus is the real "04".

Thank you for reading.

32 is Ike, Duck Hunt is 59

Sorry I had to say it because you asked

winstein said:
Snoadgamer said:
Counting the DLC, there are 75 characters in total.

No, that is not what I meant about numbers on Smash playable characters. Take a look at the image below:
maxresdefault.jpg

You notice how Kirby has the accompanying number "06"? This means that Kirby's number is "06". So basically do you know what number does "32" belong to, and what number Duck Hunt is?

Santa Yoshi said:

When I took this screenshot I realised that the number you posted on Kirby was not correct, as with Yoshi, since Samus is the real "04".

Thank you for reading.

Well if that's the case, then I don't remember at all. The only ones I might remember are the original 12, some Melee characters and Ultimate newcomers.

winstein said:
Santa Yoshi said:

Thank you for reading.

Whoops, forgot Samus existed. Sorry, Metroid fans!

Here's what I know now (I think):

01 is Mario
02 is the final boss of Kirby 64 Donkey Kong
03 is Link
04 is Samus
05 is Yoshi
06 is Kirby
09 is Luigi

i only recall 01 mario, 02 dk, 64 inkling, and yep, 69 incineroar

super late edit but 70 piranha plant too

The worst part about 69 Incineroar.

Is that Isabelle is right behind him at 68. Protect the doggo.

Back