Author Topic: What characters would you like to see as DLC for Smash Bros?  (Read 1286 times)

Magikrazy

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
Re: What characters would you like to see as DLC for Smash Bros?
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2018, 10:41:02 PM »
fair enough

id like to see sans from undertale, i say that unironically. i think he could be a fun character to play as
🦀🦀MAGIK IS GONE🦀🦀

GalacticPetey

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2018, 11:08:42 PM »
I know Sans is the meme but Sakurai always goes for the protagonist so I think we'd be more likely to get Frisk.

Magikrazy

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2018, 11:57:48 PM »
usually, but sans is a more popular character than frisk/chara, so it would make more sense to go for him

plus, he doesn't always go for the protagonist first, otherwise pokemon trainer would have been in smash 64
🦀🦀MAGIK IS GONE🦀🦀

John Doe

• Ace Butler...?
  • Star Spirit
  • Epic Nitwit
    • View Profile
    • Backloggery
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2018, 02:11:30 AM »
Eh, I don't see Heihachi happening

On the Mii costume, every third party costume got removed so I don't Heihachi's costume's absence has any meaning.  And he technically is in the game as a random sprite Pac-Man can spawn during his taunt.

Heihachi's Japanese VA also died recently. Often times out of respect for the late actor characters are retired and phased out (see the colonel in Metal Gear). May seem strange to us but it's a cultural thing over there.

And finally, Sakurai actually considered Heihachi for Smash 4, but stated that he wouldn't translate into Smash well. Sakurai said he wanted to stay as true to the character as possible and Tekken's style of four attack buttons with one controlling each limb wouldn't work. I don't have a link right now, but Sakurai straight up said he was too hard to implement. Now, he also said Ridley was impossible but he found a way. As of right now though, he's in a tricky spot.

Now, I do think we are definitely getting a Namco character and I'm certain it's Lloyd. Not just any Tales character, but specifically him. In an interview Sakurai mentioned the Lloyd Mii costume and said if there was gonna be any Tales representation, it had to be Lloyd. He seemed pretty adamant about that. Again, he can change his mind, but just looking at what he's said, I think we're getting Lloyd.

yeah i understand. i did already know about sakurai trying to put him in and deciding against it, and also that some third party mii costumes other than heihachi were removed, although i didnt realise it was all of them because honestly i didnt want to pay money for them in wii u/3ds and ive forgotten half of the costumes they even added so i didnt notice some of the absences
i didn't know about the voice actor passing away, that sounds like a respectable reason to not put him in.

anyway i realise that its not likely to happen, but i'm looking at this thread from the view of 'what do i think would be cool' rather than 'what do i think is likely' since theres many times in the past where things that people think are likely or unlikely turn out to be the exact opposite, and also i'm just not really into roster prediction. if what i want to see happens, then cool, but if not i dont care because theres already 70+ great characters in the game and i'm sure all the dlc characters will turn out well too, judging by the results of smash 4's dlc

Forde

• Chill cavalier who just likes paintings, sleeping and apparently speaks to himself a lot. That's definitely not Koops.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Look at Seth! He's soloing the game again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2018, 10:55:57 AM »
fair enough

id like to see sans from undertale, i say that unironically. i think he could be a fun character to play as

I actually thought Sans could get in as an assist trophy, have him appear in the background in 8 bit form shooting Ghaster blasters and bones at you.

Also the background becomes black.

Bandana Waddle Dee

• The Legend of Dee
  • Shine Sprite
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2018, 12:39:22 PM »
Unexpected, huh?  Let's take a look at some new, unexpected Kirby reps I'd like to see...

Ribbon - Practically 0% chance, unless Adeleine gets in (in which case Ribbon will basically become another Luma).  But still, I can dream.  She suspiciously lacks a Spirit, if that helps.

Gooey - 5%, I guess?  Star Allies recently gave him his own moveset, so it's possible, but probably still not happening.  If he can be even remotely expected for Smash, chances are he's not getting in.

Escargoon - Wow...a character with an even lower chance than Ribbon?  Is that even possible?  He hasn't even appeared in a video game (unless his cameo in Mass Attack counts), and he hasn't been relevant in the slightest since 2006.  A solid 0% chance for him, unfortunately.

Magolor - Not exactly unexpected, I guess, but technically any Kirby character that isn't Bandana Dee qualifies as unexpected.  Probably a 5% chance.

Waluigi - This list has been interrupted by WAAAAAAAAAAAH!  You people who think I've been deconfirmed, think again!  That's why I have a chance!  I'm unexpected because everyone thinks I'm deconfirmed!  So now I have a 100,000% chance!  WAH HAH HAH!

J-Yoshi64

• Just Call Me J
  • Dry Bowser
  • Always remembering Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2018, 03:08:17 PM »
Maxwell from ScribbleNauts! His arsenal? EVERYTHING. No seriously.

A trampoline? But of course.

A football? Sure thing.

A teapot? Why not?

A bazooka? Might as well.

A velociraptor? Could come in handy.

A dialysis machine? Pancake mix? Large hadron collider? Longcat? Tacgnol? A windmill? A tornado? A yacht? A Shoggoth? A certified public accountant? Silly bunny ears? A certified public accountant wearing silly bunny ears? A pink striped robot ninja wielding a huge glowing flame sword on top of a holy purple winged giganotosaurus?

What part of "everything" didn't you understand?

Write anything. Smash everything.
May Walkazo always be remembered on MarioWiki for years to come.
Follow me because I'm not a narcissist: https://twitter.com/JYoshi64 https://www.deviantart.com/just-call-me-j

Erdrick the Hero

• Gotta love that Dragon Quest series right? Favorite series that I've totally played probably.
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • The local Pink Yoshi Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2018, 03:10:36 PM »
Waluigi -  I'm unexpected because everyone thinks I'm deconfirmed!  So now I have a 100,000% chance!  WAH HAH HAH!

Doesn't the same go for, y'know, Steve, Bandanna Dee, and Sans?

Magikrazy

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2018, 04:38:11 PM »
neither steve nor sans have been disconfirmed in any aspect, and bandanna waddle dee is only a spirit in the game which as far as i know doesnt hinder his chances
🦀🦀MAGIK IS GONE🦀🦀

NanoPhoenix

• The hill in the background with eyes
  • King Bowser
  • NanoRim
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2018, 11:38:22 AM »
~ Geno - I'm not going to hold my breath on it, but you never know. (Waluigi or Fawful are equally as acceptable though.)
~ Tingle - Preferably with a Rosy Rupeeland or Balloon Trip of Love inspired move set.
~ Jill and Drill Dozer - Not sure if she got the assist trophy/spirit treatment or not, but it would be pretty sweet if we could get a third gear remix. Maybe it'll revitalize interest in the series so we can get a Drill Dozer 2. 
~ Tails or Shadow - Or just a new Sonic rep in general.
~ Wilfre - What is more unexpected than a character from a hidden gem on the DS? (Haha... I can dream.)

Magikrazy

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2018, 07:54:03 PM »
~ Wilfre - What is more unexpected than a character from a hidden gem on the DS? (Haha... I can dream.)
if anyone from that game gets into smash, it should be crazy barks
🦀🦀MAGIK IS GONE🦀🦀

Builder Mario

• Top-Hatted Bean
  • Star Spirit
  • Fawfulthegreat64
  • I make YouTube videos sometimes
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2018, 10:30:18 PM »
The same characters I wanted to see in the base game, since none of them made it.

Sheriff Woody

• Can't wait for the fourth movie.
  • Dry Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • U R a toi
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2018, 02:58:11 PM »
I've recently started playing Rayman Adventures, a mobile game. But it made me think that Rayman would fit perfectly for Smash. If we could get another Ubisoft character, Assassin would fit. Crash Bandicoot could be in as well.

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
  • Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2018, 04:07:48 PM »
I've recently started playing Rayman Adventures, a mobile game. But it made me think that Rayman would fit perfectly for Smash. If we could get another Ubisoft character, Assassin would fit. Crash Bandicoot could be in as well.
They can go for Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad who would be an iconic Assassin's Creed character. He is literally what Simon Belmont is to Castlevania, a character that people can relate to and is well known.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:10:55 PM by Roll and Maria Renard »

Chrom Fire Emblem

• Bisexual Icon
  • Donkey Kong
  • Shygul
  • Trans rights.
    • View Profile
    • my new website plz check it out and share on facebook
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2018, 04:32:03 PM »
in the hypothetical scenario Assassin's Creed gets a rep i think it'd be pretty neat to have various assassins as alts ala koopalings

Dorayaki

• Goombella
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2019, 06:32:46 AM »
~ Geno - I'm not going to hold my breath on it, but you never know. (Waluigi or Fawful are equally as acceptable though.)

~ Tails or Shadow - Or just a new Sonic rep in general.
To me none of those for SM franchise sounds making good sense, considering both Mario's overrepresentation and their lack of acknowledgement comparing to other unpresented Mario-verse heroes/villains. If it comes true, it's less about acceptance but just more about appealing their huge fanbase.

Would they add a regular character as a 2nd representive of a 3rdparty franchise? I don't know. But all most cases I'm more willing to see new in-house or 3rdparty franchise than that option. Otherwise, suggesting SEGA to do their own new allstars game is usually more efficient.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 06:40:42 AM by Dorayaki »

J-Yoshi64

• Just Call Me J
  • Dry Bowser
  • Always remembering Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2019, 09:15:46 PM »
ALOY!

May Walkazo always be remembered on MarioWiki for years to come.
Follow me because I'm not a narcissist: https://twitter.com/JYoshi64 https://www.deviantart.com/just-call-me-j

supermariofan

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2019, 03:47:54 PM »
Banjo Kazooie and Sora are my two most wanted characters. If one of them makes it in, I’ll be completely satisfied, if both make it in then...unless they continue the Everyone is Here trend, I don’t want another Smash game after this.

Erdrick the Hero

• Gotta love that Dragon Quest series right? Favorite series that I've totally played probably.
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • The local Pink Yoshi Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2019, 06:06:50 PM »
Minecraft Steve.
Idk I've gotten back into Minecraft lately, I think he could have a really unique moveset, and Microsoft and Nintendo have really been flaunting their partnerships lately, so I think he could be a likely addition.
Not holding my breath though.

Bandana Waddle Dee

• The Legend of Dee
  • Shine Sprite
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2019, 07:20:32 PM »
Besides the obvious choice of Bandana Waddle Dee (who unfortunately probably won't get in), I'd love to see--ooh now, here's an unexpected one--Qbby.  I mean, he's a relatively new IP with four games so far, and he could probably have a pretty interesting moveset.  I say why not.