Wario needs to be a villain again

Should he be a bad guy again?

• Yes, Wario is evil by nature.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No. I know he can be a good boy.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I don't care about Wario. Who does?

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yep, as long as Waluigi is not involved.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
Wario has become a good man. He still likes dem coins and treasure, but he doesn't really do anything evil nowadays. Just cheating at sports sometimes.

I'd like him to be the villain in some games, a la Wario's Woods or SML2. I'd really like it if he were Toad's bad guy rather than Mario's.

I wouldn't call Wario a good guy. It's just that he's found a semi-healthy outlet for his bad tendencies. He's content with pettier acts of villainy, like convincing his friends to make video games and then stealing all the profits.

I think Wario's lawful neutral, and he functions well in that role.

someone hasn't beaten warioware gold

Wario just needs to do more things besides WarioWare.

You're right. We need Wario kart, Wario Tennis, Wario Baseball, Wario Golf, Wario Strikers, Wario Party and DDR Wario Mix.

Wario is at his best when he's a self serving anti-hero looking to line his pockets with gold and only assisting the goody-goody plumber boys or foiling some kind of baddie's scheme when it directly benefits him in some way.

Which reminds me... Wario Land Switch when?

I would love another Wario's Woods game (except make Toad the titular character instead of Wario).

Also, another Wario Land game is great.

Also, Wario could be a villain that Mario should deal with again.

Whatever the opinion, I want Waluigi getting involved too.

Thank you for reading.

Just because Wario has been treated as a protagonist, does not mean that he's a good guy. Wario is still a very greedy and selfish pig at heart, and the only reason that he even bothered to save the Shake Dimension was so that he could get his hands on the Bottomless Coin Sack. Sure, Wario did save the Shake Dimension from the Shake King's control, but he likely would not have done that if treasure wasn't involved.

Anyway, there's a reason why Wario is classified as an anti-hero.

I mean I really like him as an anti-hero but I also want him to be the villain of a game.

Yeah having him back would be great. But please, no Waluigi with him, since he's a spin-off exclusive character.

I'm neutral, but whatever they do with Wario I will accept, as long as he's still an asshole.

I feel like with how he's been used as a comic relief he's more secondary villain fodder these days.

Either that or the bad thing he is doing is rather minor.

Snoadgamer said:
Yeah having him back would be great. But please, no Waluigi with him, since he's a spin-off exclusive character.

He can only stop being a spin-off exclusive if he is in a main series game. Why don't so many people understand this?

Have you not heard the new game? "Super Mario: Wario Goes Skrrt And Hits The Dab Like Wiz Khalifa". It's pretty good, I tried the demo for it earlier today. The controls are a little janky, not as bad as SM64, but not quite as good as some of the newer titles. The OSTs pretty good though. Also the appearance of Waluigi as a boss was so cool to me!

Yes, Wario needs to be a villain again. It'll be my excuse to beat the crap out of him. And Mario should be the star of course. OR... maybe Wario can be his worst enemy. I can think of sooooo many plots, like Wario tries to disrupt Mario's grocery shopping but ends up blowing up the TNT in the store, or Wario tries to rig Mario's bowling games, but gets his teeth broken like bowling pins, or Wario, after ordering stuff from the catalogue, in the desert, attempts to lure Mario out with some bait and attaches himself to a rocket to try to hit Mario, but Mario gets distracted by a moving Mushroom and Wario misses, hits a canyon wall, and boulders and cacti fall on him.

Snoadgamer said:
Waluigi is an outlier when it comes to characters that debut from spin-offs in that he appears alongside the main cast rather often, which is something almost none of the characters introduced in spin-offs could even brag about (Toadette is one of the few exceptions). Therefore it's not a stretch to say that he fits in naturally in a main game because he's flexible enough to appear in many spin-offs, so he could find a role comfortably in a main game.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Yes, Wario needs to be a villain again. It'll be my excuse to beat the crap out of him. And Mario should be the star of course. OR... maybe Wario can be his worst enemy. I can think of sooooo many plots, like Wario tries to disrupt Mario's grocery shopping but ends up blowing up the TNT in the store, or Wario tries to rig Mario's bowling games, but gets his teeth broken like bowling pins, or Wario, after ordering stuff from the catalogue, in the desert, attempts to lure Mario out with some bait and attaches himself to a rocket to try to hit Mario, but Mario gets distracted by a moving Mushroom and Wario misses, hits a canyon wall, and boulders and cacti fall on him.
These sound more like TV episodes than what is a basis for a game's storyline. Though with that said, they sound like promising premises so I would love to see Wario overextending his plans like the famous Wile E. Coyote.

Thank you for reading.

I don't really see Wario doing anything on the same scale as say Bowser; even in his debut, Wario wasn't plotting to take over the world or anything. He just let the jealousy of his childhood rival Mario get the better of him, so he decided to steal Mario's Castle. Granted, Wario apparently put a lot of planning into it; diverting Mario's attention to Sarasaland by hiring Tatanga to cause trouble there, and subsequently hypnotizing the residents of Mario Land so that they'd [attempt to] keep Mario from acquiring the Six Golden Coins that act as keys to the castle.

Not saying he can't do something of that level again, but it was purely out of spite against Mario. Aside from Wario's Woods and the Japan-only Mario vs. Wario, I guess there WAS that one random Bomberman crossover no one remembers and barely anyone knows about... He was a villain in that game as well. Having Wario be a villain again? Eh, wouldn't expect anything heavy, but I'd be cool with it. But what we DEFINITELY need is a new Wario Land! It's been like a whole decade at this point!

I just say in the general aspects of balancing the Mario main cast, the only sole character that needs bigger screen time in mainstream game is Waluigi, whom I don't mind to see being (anti)hero or villain in SM games. Comparing to him, Wario has got enough weight in past mainstream games. It would also make unfairness when he is the only character being major in two series while other characters are major in only one or none.

Wario's Warioware boss title, IMO is enough for him aside from the spinoff sport games, Well, let's not forget we've not got other Warioware members in sport games as well.

I understand his origin from Mario/Wario Land games and some still want to see him playable in platformers (like in 64DS), but probably Nintendo don't think WL sells well or it is dinstinctive enough to differentiate from SM and DKC games. In that case I might suggest the Warioware franchise could extend its possibility to platformers and bring back past WL characters like Syrup as well.

One more option I may accept is to have a Mario RPG game or new Paper title that features the whole Mario main cast including him. This is also something we've been waiting for decades.

Saltman said:
He can only stop being a spin-off exclusive if he is in a main series game. Why don't so many people understand this?

He's roster filler. He doesn't have anything worth bringing him elsewhere.

I mean if they don't try anything new with him of course he won't have anything that makes it worth it. Also, being Wario's brother gives him a lot of potential.

I thought you liked Waluigi.

I like him as a loser whose life sucks.

Waluigi is a knock off of a knock off, anything he could do Wario already does. They can't even give him a coward gimmick like Luigi because we've already had Wario do that in all the sports games alongside him.

Also he isn't Wario's brother.

Mcmadness said:
I like him as a loser whose life sucks.

Waluigi is a knock off of a knock off, anything he could do Wario already does. They can't even give him a coward gimmick like Luigi because we've already had Wario do that in all the sports games alongside him.

Also he isn't Wario's brother.

Does being a loser count as a gimmick?

I think he's different. He's more athletic and tends to pity himself more than Wario. He's also capable of doing some funny *bleep* at times (disco dancing and other weird ass stuff) that Wario would not do. He also cheats more than him. Also he's more fabulous, if that counts.

I'll always think he's his brother. The hell with what Martinet thinks lol.

Back