Poll

Should he be a bad guy again?

Yes, Wario is evil by nature.
6 (60%)
No. I know he can be a good boy.
1 (10%)
I don't care about Wario. Who does?
2 (20%)
Yep, as long as Waluigi is not involved.
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Wario needs to be a villain again  (Read 885 times)

Dorayaki

• Goombella
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
Re: Wario needs to be a villain again
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2018, 06:43:42 AM »
I just say in the general aspects of balancing the Mario main cast, the only sole character that needs bigger screen time in mainstream game is Waluigi, whom I don't mind to see being (anti)hero or villain in SM games. Comparing to him, Wario has got enough weight in past mainstream games. It would also make unfairness when he is the only character being major in two series while other characters are major in only one or none.

Wario's Warioware boss title, IMO is enough for him aside from the spinoff sport games, Well, let's not forget we've not got other Warioware members in sport games as well.

I understand his origin from Mario/Wario Land games and some still want to see him playable in platformers (like in 64DS), but probably Nintendo don't think WL sells well or it is dinstinctive enough to differentiate from SM and DKC games. In that case I might suggest the Warioware franchise could extend its possibility to platformers and bring back past WL characters like Syrup as well.

One more option I may accept is to have a Mario RPG game or new Paper title that features the whole Mario main cast including him. This is also something we've been waiting for decades.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 06:53:46 AM by Dorayaki »

Mcmadness

• Power Star
  • The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2018, 08:50:59 AM »
He can only stop being a spin-off exclusive if he is in a main series game. Why don't so many people understand this?

He's roster filler. He doesn't have anything worth bringing him elsewhere.
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig. This sig loves you.

Saltman

• King Bowser
  • Mr. Saltman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2018, 09:13:01 AM »
I mean if they don't try anything new with him of course he won't have anything that makes it worth it. Also, being Wario's brother gives him a lot of potential.

I thought you liked Waluigi.

Mcmadness

• Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2018, 09:21:52 AM »
I like him as a loser whose life sucks.

Waluigi is a knock off of a knock off, anything he could do Wario already does. They can't even give him a coward gimmick like Luigi because we've already had Wario do that in all the sports games alongside him.

Also he isn't Wario's brother.

Saltman

• King Bowser
  • Mr. Saltman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2018, 09:42:36 AM »
I like him as a loser whose life sucks.

Waluigi is a knock off of a knock off, anything he could do Wario already does. They can't even give him a coward gimmick like Luigi because we've already had Wario do that in all the sports games alongside him.

Also he isn't Wario's brother.

Does being a loser count as a gimmick?

I think he's different. He's more athletic and tends to pity himself more than Wario. He's also capable of doing some funny *bleep* at times (disco dancing and other weird ass stuff) that Wario would not do. He also cheats more than him. Also he's more fabulous, if that counts.

I'll always think he's his brother. The hell with what Martinet thinks lol.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 01:38:18 PM by Saltman »

Forde

• Chill cavalier who just likes paintings, sleeping and apparently speaks to himself a lot. That's definitely not Koops.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Look at Seth! He's soloing the game again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2018, 11:35:10 AM »
It just wasn't confirmed if they actually are brothers... no one ever said anything about that.

Princess Mario

• Mushroom Kingdom's Most 🦄Fabulous🦄 Wario Killer
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2018, 03:49:42 PM »
He's roster filler. He doesn't have anything worth bringing him elsewhere.
his worth is his worthlessness and I think he can fit nicely as a pathetic loser character. I don't think other recurring characters exactly fit that role in the Mario series.

Mcmadness

• Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2018, 04:32:46 PM »
That doesn't exactly make for star material though in a video game.

Especially since Luigi is their go to for slapstick whenever he's around.

Princess Mario

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2018, 05:13:16 PM »
Luigi isn't a pathetic loser. Luigi is usually played as the awkward nice guy who looks like loser but has potential. Waluigi is just a pure loser with nothing on him, and he's also very mean and selfish.

I like Waluigi to play a supporting role where all terrible *bleep* happens to him. I wouldn't make him a main character.

MnSG

• Shine Sprite
  • Cosmic Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2018, 05:29:51 PM »
I mean if they don't try anything new with him of course he won't have anything that makes it worth it. Also, being Wario's brother gives him a lot of potential.

I thought you liked Waluigi.

Just to be clear, Wario's relationship with Waluigi is still unclear. They might not be related at all, despite sharing similar personalities.

On an additional note, Wario and Waluigi are primarily portrayed as comic relief rivals for the Mario Bros., so they're not really true villains like Bowser.

Princess Mario

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2019, 11:43:30 AM »
AlphaDream can use some new material. They're the company that brought us a game about two brothers working together, a game that stars Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, a game that is the closest thing to Bowser's own game, and a game that mishmashes Paper Mario World and the flesh world. It's a shame they're on autopilot with mediocre remakes, I think. A Mario & Luigi game that revolves around Mario and Luigi rivalry with Wario and Waluigi has potential for many new and fresh ideas and implementation. If anything, at least it'll open up for hilarious scenes like we've seen in Mario Power Tennis, Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, and Mario Super Sluggers.

Wheatley

• Mushroom Attendant
  • Kingbowser99
  • Say "Apple"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2019, 12:17:52 PM »
wario is like loki, he was bad once now he's a questionable good guy