Sonic the Hedgehog Movie

People are already bashing over this because it seems live action.

But we literally know nothing about that at the moment, so I may ask, why?

I mean we always thought Pokemon would look weird but boy we were so damn lucky to be wrong.

Not exactly hyped at the moment, but I'm interested.

I dunno. I always assume the worst for live-action movie translations of video games until they're released. Then they all at least have one good thing in them.

I wish they'd cast Brian Blessed as Robotnik.

sonicmovie.jpg

This portrayal of Sonic already looks godawful

Рождественский Малыш Луиджи said:

Humanoid Sonic. Ughhhh.........

This actually reminds of that "Sonic Suggests" fangame.

To be fair... regular Sonic wasn't exactly the most animal thing ever... I mean there are actual animals in the world of Sonic and Sonic looks human compared to them, so I wouldn't put it in far-fetched territory that Sonic is humanoid, or at least anthropomorphic.

USGamer referring the that version of Sonic as "Sonic the Wronghog" made me laugh.

Anyway, that silhouette reminds me of this:
sonic_the_realhog_by_arvalis_d5sr701-pre.jpg

Source: https://www.deviantart.com/arvalis/art/Sonic-the-Realhog-350628913

Fun fact: the artist who drew this is involved in the portrayal of Pokemon in the upcoming Detective Pikachu movie.

Thank you for reading.

You're welcome.

As for myself, admittedly that does look like a pile of crap, but silhouettes can be misleading, and they could still be tinkering with the look. I'm saving my hard reservations for when we get a proper look at him.

Then I'll decide if it's crap or not (it'll most likely be crap but i won't put the bull before the horns on this one)

winstein said:
USGamer referring the that version of Sonic as "Sonic the Wronghog" made me laugh.

Anyway, that silhouette reminds me of this:
sonic_the_realhog_by_arvalis_d5sr701-pre.jpg

Source: https://www.deviantart.com/arvalis/art/Sonic-the-Realhog-350628913

Fun fact: the artist who drew this is involved in the portrayal of Pokemon in the upcoming Detective Pikachu movie.

Thank you for reading.

Wow, that looks better than the actual art style!

[quote author=from some IGN article about the poster]The production team behind the movie opted to go for a more realistic take on Sonic -- down to his updated new kicks -- than the more cartoony version we've seen in the past. The filmmakers consider Ted to be an appropriate analog for the upcoming Sonic movie’s integration of a CG character into a real-world setting[/quote]

Everything about this sentence is terrible.

Man, I sure am glad Sega never attempted to put Sonic into the real world...

There's no way this movie isn't going to not be some kind of terrible.

LdoIH2G.jpg

Looks like another poster had surfaced, and I am sure terrible conclusions are the first thoughts in many's minds. (Me? I am neutral about this)

Thank you for reading.

My feelings towards the design are mostly neutral until we see more of it, but I feel that maybe it would've been better if Sonic's gloves and shoes retained their cartoon-ish proportions rather than being so small... also I don't know how to feel about his super-defined shins.

Regardless I'll still end up watching it, Detective Pikachu and that illumination Mario movie assuming we get any new updates or information on it.

FrostyPhoenix said:
Regardless I'll still end up watching it, Detective Pikachu and that illumination Mario movie assuming we get any new updates or information on it.

Mario's movie is not going to be released in 2019, so we won't be seeing information on it that soon. Probably at 2021 the earliest if you ask me, because that movie is set to be released in 2022.

Thank you for reading.

i mean i think its way too early judge considering these are just cryptic posters without any actual details

Sonic doesn't have his usual shoes. He has ones with laces.

I don't like them.

It looks like these guys have learned from the backlash against the Sonic Boom redesigns, and compensated.

People joked that Knuckles skipped leg day. Now we get a Sonic who skipped everything BUT leg day.

I for one am excited for this fascinating new development.

Sonic can't ever get a break from people laughing at him, huh?

Back