Author Topic: Former president George H. W. Bush died  (Read 367 times)

Doc von Schmeltwick

• Whomp
  • King of Klonks, bizarre dealer of the dark arts.
    • View Profile
Re: Former president George H. W. Bush died
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2018, 02:38:59 AM »
And to me, it feels like they're just throwing more onto the pile to get more personal attention, calling attention away from what it was initially intended to refer to. Worse still some people legitimately want to add outright bad things to it. Anyways, I personally don't think that gender identity and sexuality should be thrown in the same boat like that, as they're really different things that seem a bit similar on the outset.

Buuut yeah. More digression.

This way for super happy fun SMAS SMB3-colored sprites:
https://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=39658.0

Santa Yoshi

• The Christmas Yoshi
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2018, 02:50:41 AM »
This is gonna become a serious fiery political debate so I'm gonna somehow get this off my unread replies list and skedaddle out of here so bye

Doc von Schmeltwick

• Whomp
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2018, 03:01:49 AM »
Nah, everything's gone past any point where it could erupt. Peace.

Trident48

• Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2018, 07:11:06 AM »
Farewell, President Bush Sr.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special

• "It's Christmas again. It will never be the sa-a-a-a-ame. I know there's only sadness in my so-o-o-o-ul."
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2018, 02:05:55 PM »
This is gonna become a serious fiery political debate so I'm gonna somehow get this off my unread replies list and skedaddle out of here so bye
The debate is actually civil and it could be far, far worse. Anyhow, enjoy your young life but eventually you should learn about politics as some people do not have the luxury to just stop listening and back out when politics are involved. See, some people have parents who contracted AIDS, some people are gay, and it hurts me to see social conservatives ruining their lives, with their far-reaching consequences affecting gay people even today. The best response to political debate is to get educated rather than shirk away, and be prepared to confront this in the future.
"Mario begins his ascension to the celestial realm, Luigi spontaneously becomes a twitching pile of boneless flesh and Daisy is nonchalantly like 'this is fine'." -NanoRim

Doc von Schmeltwick

• Whomp
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 04:21:44 PM »
And I myself lean more towards conservatism, but I don't let that define every single one of my beliefs or whom I'll associate with, and am perfectly open to seeing what people believe and why they believe them, and weigh that against my own beliefs. People who define themselves by their politics, however, can and will start a flame war, even if there is only one of said type of person in a chat. And in that case, it's best to just ignore them, as it's nigh-impossible to sway someone who takes such a wishy-washy field as an objective indicator of "absolute good" or "absolute evil." Anyways, there doesn't really seem to be anyone like that here.