Which Mega Man characters would you consider to be iconic?

Who do you think are iconic characters in this franchise?

• Mega Man (the blue bomber himself)

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • X

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Dr. Light

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Dr. Wily (Wahwee)

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Roll

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Zero

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Tronne Bonne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protoman

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Rush

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Beat

• Bass

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Sigma

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Axl

• Total voters

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
For me, I would consider the blue bomber himself, X, Zero, Protoman, Bass, Dr. Wahwee, Dr. Light, Roll, and Rush to be iconic.

Again, like your last poll, there's a huge difference between "iconic" and "popular"

Mega Man is definitely a gaming icon. Dr. Wily, possibly. The rest, I know who many of them are and I know they're immensely popular characters, but that doesn't necessarily translate to "iconic". Again, I repeat, iconic means that they're recognizable by people who don't play video games as a hobby. That means people outside of this forum, outside of gaming circles. I guarantee you that only Mega Man would be recognized, and potentially misnaming his other variants (like X) to be Mega Man because of the blue armor and similar-looking design to the original Mega Man.

Рождественский Малыш Луиджи said:
Again, like your last poll, there's a huge difference between "iconic" and "popular"

Mega Man is definitely a gaming icon. Dr. Wily, possibly. The rest, I know who many of them are and I know they're immensely popular characters, but that doesn't necessarily translate to "iconic". Again, I repeat, iconic means that they're recognizable by people who don't play video games as a hobby. That means people outside of this forum, outside of gaming circles. I guarantee you that only Mega Man would be recognized, and potentially misnaming his other variants (like X) to be Mega Man because of the blue armor and similar-looking design to the original Mega Man.
I am pretty sure people would also find Zero and Protoman to be iconic as well, and Roll is also iconic to me as well because most people (even if they are not that deep into Mega Man) know that Roll is Mega Man's sister (and that both of them are Dr. Light's creations) and Roll is in a bunch of Mega Man games and she's been playable in some Mega Man titles like Mega Man Battle and Chase and even Mega Man Powered Up for the PSP (as DLC, along with her various outfits which I really like and her different weapons), she's also in Marvel VS Capcom 1 and 2, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom. They are recurring characters. Roll also has different varients as well such as Roll Caskett and Roll.exe, both of which are completely different from her original incarnation.

The characters I find iconic are Mega Man (duh!), Dr. Light, Roll, Dr. Wily and Zero.

~ Pretty much every incarnation of Mega Man (Rock, X, .Exe, Volnutt, StarForce to a lesser extent, ect.)
~ Zero
~ Roll
~ Protoman
~ Bass
~ Dr. Light
~ Dr. Wily
~ Sigma

Captain N MegaMan

Ok, MegaMan, Dr Wily and Light. Since those were the characters I knew from before I actually learned the series existed. Also, Dr Wily's castle is the most iconic theme for the series in my eyes, so yeah.

I voted for Mega Man, Dr. Wily and Rush for the classic Mega Man side, while it's X and Zero on the Mega Man X side. These two series of Mega Man are the first two to exist and are thus popular, which is why I didn't vote for any Legends characters.

On the classic side, the hero and villain are certainly the attraction of the series, but I also included Rush because it's a common conception for the hero to have an animal sidekick such as Mario and Yoshi, and I feel that Rush is quite the recognisable companion to the main hero. In fact, Mega Man's inspiration (Casshern) is normally shown to have a dog with him too. The X side has the other version of Mega Man, but Zero is certainly quite popular that he's went on to have his own set of games, so that's possibly iconic enough.

I have a feeling that you want to gauge the amount of opinions that view Roll as an iconic character, but I don't feel that is the case given her more minor role within the series, even compared to Light.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
I voted for Mega Man, Dr. Wily and Rush for the classic Mega Man side, while it's X and Zero on the Mega Man X side. These two series of Mega Man are the first two to exist and are thus popular, which is why I didn't vote for any Legends characters.

On the classic side, the hero and villain are certainly the attraction of the series, but I also included Rush because it's a common conception for the hero to have an animal sidekick such as Mario and Yoshi, and I feel that Rush is quite the recognisable companion to the main hero. In fact, Mega Man's inspiration (Casshern) is normally shown to have a dog with him too. The X side has the other version of Mega Man, but Zero is certainly quite popular that he's went on to have his own set of games, so that's possibly iconic enough.

I have a feeling that you want to gauge the amount of opinions that view Roll as an iconic character, but I don't feel that is the case given her more minor role within the series, even compared to Light.

Thank you for reading.
Well, Roll is well known to be Mega Man's sister. Anyone who isn't that big into Mega Man or has a little exposure to it knows Roll is Mega Man's sister. In most games, she's a minor character. But other times she is very useful. She runs the shop in Mega Man 8 and 9. She also appears playable in Mega Man Battle and Chase and she has went on to be a fighter in Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 and 2, and even Tatsunoko vs Capcom, heck she was playable in Mega Man Powered Up as a DLC character with different outfits as well. She is very noteworthy in my opinion. She isn't all that minor or useless. I actually loved playing as her in Mega Man Powered Up, along with her various outfits and whatnot. I also like her theme song Kaze yo Tsutaete.

Back