What enemy would make a good Paper Mario partner?

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
Yeah, yeah, let's save all that Sticker Star hub hub for another topic, alright?

So, if you were to given a choice for a Paper Mario partner, what would you choose?

This one is an obscure but fun one, Harry Hedgehog from Yoshi's Island
SMW2_Harry_Hedgehog.jpg

If anything, it will be fun to make light of his obvious inspiration

I'm also surprised a Toad themselves has never been a partner, might be able to pick up Mario due to being super strong and throwing him like in SMB2

chain chomp

Since it's Paper Mario, it would make sense to have a Magiblot as a partner, right?

Besides, they look cool.

We could also an Ant Trooper, ... (and there's Koops struggling to remember actual fan characters he created a long time ago but sorta abandoned) A Luma, a Crazee Dayzee, a Ninji, and a Toad.

Because they're really the only species I would bother trying to find an ability for, or at least the ones I did bother to find abilities for.

Duplighosts would have a lot of potential

Thwomp.

Push him around, put him on switches, use him as a makeshift stepping stone, drop him down a cliff and have him break through the ground. The possibilities are endless.

Also, he's gotta make the sound from Super Mario 64.

Random idea for a party:

~ A determined Strollin' Stu that wants to make a name for it's species and help Mario save the world.
~ A rogue Koopatrol that turns it's back on Bowser's Army to ally itself with the Mushroom Kingdom.
~ A gruff but lovable Broozer that takes great pride in it's strength.
~ A amnesiac X-Naut that awoke from cryogenic slumber long after Grodus' plan fell apart and is longing for a place in a brave new world.
~ A ghost from Luigi's Mansion. (Preferably the first one.)
~ A Shy Guy that's anything but shy.
~ A fiesty Gao.
~ Huey returning from Color Splash.

You know what Mario should get that he never got before as a partner?

A toad.

Football Charlies just have so much potential for roles in non-platformers and this would be one of them.

Then there's the boxing sharks from SLM2 that I'm always looking for an excuse to bring up, who could maybe stand on its tail like Johnny Jones if just moving on land the way Sushie does doesn't look right?

Russian Baby Luigi said:
chain chomp
ScreenPM3DS.PNG

WE WERE ROBBED OF GREATNESS

Anyway, a Bombshell Koopa or Bombshell Beetle (what I call the Nokonoko Bombettes) could be used instead of a Bob-omb partner.

Ah Paper Mario Partners, the thing that allows people to make crappy OC Donuts and not get largely scrutinized by the internet.

SiFi said:
Football Charlies
Hey, nice name for a Chargin' Chuck partner, he's a Chargin' Chuck who's depressed because his name is Charlie instead of Chuck and he's no good at football, despite being made for it.

I think a Duplighost, Clubba, or Magikoopa would be cool.

Mcmadness said:
Ah Paper Mario Partners, the thing that allows people to make crappy OC Donuts and not get largely scrutinized by the internet.

Ooh, how about a partner that's literally a donut with legs! (It counts as an enemy because you could target it during the Midbus fight in BIS)

Wario

He gets constantly beaten up as Mario uses bee stingers, fire, electrocution, zombies, falling weights, and of course balls thrown by penguins all to Mario's advantage.

Ehhhh, the world is made of paper. I think the accordion thing would be better as a curse.

Rex did it first. He's the OG accordion.

He's also much cuter than Mario.

Mcmadness said:

Oh hell no, don't remind me about myself!

Well more exactly speaking, the fact that Nintendo never tried to add main characters aside from Luigi, Peach and Bowser to Mario RPGs, is annoying. I don't hate the partners, just next time Toad and Birdo should have the slots instead of always supporting outside the team.

Aside from that it is sad the partners, despite based on known enemy species, are not acknowledged canon in other Mario games. Like you introduce Kooper and Koops and you can still only have normal koopas in sport games. I don't think any more of these cases are welcomed unless it can be fixed.

Anyway, I think a DryBones character replacing previous koopas is very likely. But I would like to see a Wiggler character.

I prefer the normals.

Dorayaki said:
But I would like to see a Wiggler character.
Yes, think about all the crazy stuff you can do with its segments.

Back