A question about Mario VS Donkey Kong

Parakoopa144

a delicious beverage
I'm in a real mood for a Mario VS DK game to play, but since I've beaten the only one I have, which is the GBA one, so I'm just gonna buy a new one.

I've limited my options down to Minis March Again, and Minis on the Move, because Tipping Stars is too expensive, and 2 and Mini Land Mayhem are physical, which is a bit awkward for me at the moment.

Out of the 2, which one do you think I should get? They're pretty much the same price, but I'm looking for amount of content, and quality of gameplay.

If you're looking for more Mario vs DK, you could play amiibo Challenge for free...provided you have an amiibo, of course. Can't give any other recommendations as that's the only one I've played.

I haven't played any of the usual Minis-based Mario vs Donkey Kong games except for Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move. That game is different because you are controlling the grid in a flat surface rather than a side view, and I think it's pretty fun if not quite tough after the first half. If you are looking to be a completionist, its' going to be a real challenge for you.

Thank you for reading.

Kirby of the Stars said:
If you're looking for more Mario vs DK, you could play amiibo Challenge for free...provided you have an amiibo, of course. Can't give any other recommendations as that's the only one I've played.

That was my first idea, but I don't own a Wii U, so I had to download it on my 3DS. When I heard "Don't need Mario Amiibos to play" I was really excited, but sadly, you do need an Amiibo, which I do have one, its a K.K Slider one (because Animal Crossing is wonderful you should play it), but I only have a 3DS XL, and no Amiibo reader, so theres no chance I'll get playing it.

If you want something more in line with the first Mario vs. Donkey Kong, I'd recommend checking out Donkey Kong '94 since it's the spiritual predecessor. (If you can't get it physically, it's available of the 3DS Virtual Console.)

I'd argue it's even better than MvDK

Back