Why did the GBA Mario & Luigi have the Mario Bros. remake?

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
The Mario Bros. remake was included in the first Mario title in the GBA: Super Mario Advance. It's probably included to showcase the GBA's ability to play multiplayer games with only a single cartridge, and also acts as a diversion for the actual gameplay. Later on, the Mario Bros. remake is included in further Super Mario Advance games, meaning that all four Super Mario Advance titles contains the same Mario Bros. game.

That brings up the question: why is it that Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (or Mario & Luigi RPG in Japan) contains the Mario Bros. remake? It's totally unrelated from each other, unlike the Super Mario Advance games since they're platformers. Personally, it's totally random that they included the Mario Bros. game, and I am sad nobody asked this question to AlphaDream back when the Mario & Luigi remake was new.

So what's up with the random inclusion of Mario Bros. in Mario & Luigi?

Thank you for reading.

Because they wanted to ensure that every Mario fan with a GBA or DS got to play Mario Bros. Even those who don't care for platformers...which is odd, considering that Mario Bros. itself is a platformer.

Beswai said:
For those who are looking for more information, please ask me.

Nah man, for those who are looking for some MAJOR INFORMATIONAGE, you ask me, the infoman himself.

Back