What'll happen when the NSMB series becomes old?

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
I mean it's called NEW super Mario Bros, right? But what'll happen when the series becomes 20-30 years old or something?

...New New Super Mario Bros :dk:?

New Super Mario Land

More Recent Super Mario Bros.

Deluxe Super Mario Bros., totally not related to Super Mario Bros. Deluxe and the myriads of games with "Deluxe" in it. Has a more "timeless" ring compared to "New".
(Popcap Games made me love the Deluxe title, but the Switch ports soured me on it)

Thank you for reading.

Well I mean, it's already been over a decade since the first one right?

Newer Super Mario Bros. and they sue the mod team.

Mcmadness said:

It all depends on how long do you think a game takes to be old. 10 years isn't that long for a game (especially for Mario).

But what when they become, say, 25 years? It'll be sad and hilarious at the same time because the games will no longer be NEW and a lot people will forget about them.

Saltman said:
But what when they become, say, 25 years? It'll be sad and hilarious at the same time because the games will no longer be NEW and a lot people will forget about them.
"New" is relative. My thought. So I guess when times go by, "new" would refer to it being newer than the NES/SNES games.

I just thought of another one: Old Super Mario Bros., but with the tagline "Everything old is new again!".

Thank you for reading.

Super Mario Bros (X)

X being the name of the console it's on.

Sadly Nintendo already sued the actual SMBX.

Saltman said:
Mcmadness said:

It all depends on how long do you think a game takes to be old. 10 years isn't that long for a game (especially for Mario).

just like how many cities (new york, newfoundland, novgorod, etc) are still called "new" today, right?

Isabelle said:
Super Mario Bros (X)

I don't think they have. Nintendo's presence intimidated the developers into stopping (like with Project M), but you can still play SMBX as it is today.

The same thing that happened with New Adventure Island: People just keep calling it that to distinguish it from the other games.

Princess Mario said:
Isabelle said:
Super Mario Bros (X)

I don't think they have. Nintendo's presence intimidated the developers into stopping (like with Project M), but you can still play SMBX as it is today.

I mean yeah but I'm just pointing out the fact that its development has forever stopped.

Would've been cool to receive new things you know.

I thought SMBX was kinda rubbish myself so I wasn't upset by it's loss.

Mcmadness said:
I thought SMBX was kinda rubbish myself so I wasn't upset by it's loss.

W H A T

SMBX is the best Mario fangame (besides Psycho WAH, of course)

The same thing that's been happening ever since it became old, they pretend it isn't and port it over with an added "Deluxe!" (and probably another "new" entry later on, by "new" I mean they make more levels with the existing environments and assets like the last 3 games, visual evolution is so NES era am I right?)

Saltman said:
W H A T

believe me I had the same reaction

One who says that has not played the game properly.

Or at least according to me... like I have the best opinions or something.

Saltman said:
W H A T

I don't think it plays well at all.

Back