Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Wii U

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
I need to know. I'm really undecisive about which one to buy (and please don't say Switch because it's expensive as *bleep* where I live).

If I had a Wii U, I could get some of the newer Marios (3D world, Mario Maker, MK8. I want those), buy really rare wii games in it (Metroid Prime trilogy), get all the wiiware games I couldn't buy before, and also have SNES and N64 VC again. Also there's the GBA and DS VC too. Plus, I could use my Wiimote for multiplayer.

Now the 3DS. I already have a GBA, so if I had this, that'd mean being able to get EVERY PORTABLE MARIO GAME EVER, as it has the DS compatibility and GB/GBC VC. Also it has M&L games, 3D land, and Luigi's Mansion. It's also still getting support unlike the Wii U.

Obviously it would take some more time to afford the Wii U, but whatever.

So yeah, help :toad: .

i'd personally go with the 3ds since it has a better library imo but this decision really just boils down to whichever console has more games that you want. which is something only you can truely answer, not us

If you play multiplayer a lot, go with Wii U for sure. If you mostly play solo...both are great for solo play, but in terms of Mario platformers Wii U is better (3DW > 3DL, NSMBU > NSMB2, Mario Maker U > Mario Maker 3D). Not to mention you can get some other rare Wii games for cheap (like Metroid Prime Trilogy). That's not to say 3DS doesn't have a fantastic library too, especially if you never owned a DS.

I'd say go Wii U, but definitely get the 3DS when you can. It's absolutely worth having both.

3DS, since literally every good Wii U game is getting a Switch or 3DS port.

You know you can delete your posts, right?

Meltan said:
Well, I'd personally say that the Wii U is the definitive place to play Super Mario Maker, as the 3DS port removes an integral feature that made the original so great.

I'd reason it depends on what you're after, but I'd recommend putting both systems on your list, getting one when you can and the other down the line, if you're interested in games on both.

Meltan said:
Kirby, Paper Mario, Star Fox, and Nintendo Land aren't getting ported for sure. Mario Maker was ported, but is far better on Wii U. Also, reminder that Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3 haven't been ported (a Pikmin 3 port might happen but a 3D World port won't). Splatoon and Smash are still technically exclusive, even if they've been overshadowed by their Switch counterparts. And let's not forget the Zelda remasters...

So yeah, I would think twice before making a claim like that.

Back