Should the next Smash be directed by someone else?

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
And if so, who would trust to make it?
Sakurai is a great guy who's done an excellent job, but I do not want him to be put though hell again, plus, he seems to want to make something brand new instead of just sequels, I only ask this out of respect

honestly i'd be chill if they just canned the franchise entirely after Ultimate
granted that wont happen but _

I wish it wouldn't be, but sheesh, Sakurai NEEDS to step down. I feel like he might even step down willingly. The fans (including me) will hopefully respect whatever decision he makes.

The man needs a break.

I'm fine with no Smash games after Ultimate anyway, sibce it seems like nothing can top this game at this point. But then again, it is a big Nintendo franchise so I doubt it's ever happening, but I hope Sakurai himself takes a break from the series and let spmeone else do the work. He's been through too much.

Sakurai needs to retire. He is old, working almost nonstop. He is nearing his 50s, he needs a break. But I don't know who will replace him.

I don't even want to think about a new Smash game. We know this game is getting content all the way through February 2020. A new Smash game won't be until a little ways into the next system's lifespan. I'd honestly be fine if they just continued to support this game for years and not bother with another Smash for like ten years. At which point, yeah, i'd want sakurai to retire. Poor man needs his rest or at least a fresh, less draining project to work on.

I doubt Ultimate is going to be the last game, but sure thing if the series will be directed by someone else.

I hope modding for this game won't be too hard because if we want this game to last, it better well damn last.

Back