Bowser Solo Game?

Parakoopa144

a delicious beverage
What would you like to see in a Bowser solo game? I would want tower defense, where you control your troops, upgrade them, and drive around in that cool car from SM3DW, and capture new areas as part of the Koopa Army! :bowser:

Seems like they could make that type of game for mobile. Though it's honestly unlikely; Nintendo wouldn't want their main villain in a lead role unless he's either willingly or unwillingly helping Mario in some way.

posting to say i got here before mcmadness

Jokes on you, I already was here a few times, just didn't have anything to say. :P

I like protagonist Bowser more than antagonist Bowser so sure. Bowser's Inside Story pulled it off well, if they went that route but without Mario and Luigi it could be a worthy debut into own-spinoff territory for the Koopa King. Some other bad guy tries to take Bowser's kingdom/army away from him, you take control of Bowser to put an end to it. No need to make Mario an antagonist.

How are they really going to make Mario into an antagonist without making him act out of character?

Mario being an antagonist could be hilarious :mario: . Almost as funny as Waluigi being an antagonist in a dancing game.

Remember DK JR?

They're not going to make Mario into an asshole. He hasn't been one, outside of one-off moments, since DK Jr.. One role is maybe he's saving the princess and if he reaches you, you lose I guess.

I mean you don't have to necessarily turn him into a dick to be a bad guy.

Maybe make Bowser fight Mario and co but have an ending where Bowser loses idk.

Mario being an antagonist and Mario being a bad guy are two different things. In the end, whatever way you look at it, he'll never really be a BAD guy.

If anything, just make that Bowser game a game where you're stupidly overpowered.

Idk like Goat Simulator? Except it's actually a game?

Wait, you want Bowser being the star of an intentionally wacked game?

Yes

Suits him.

And make him an asshole to everyone.

Perfect.

My dream Bowser game would be part SRPG similar to the likes of Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics where you can strategically arrange each member of the Koopa Troop each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses, like say maybe Goombas being good for bum-rushing foes in packs but otherwise being rather frail defense-wise or Piranha Plants could sneak up behind their unsuspecting victims and devour them whole but require a bit of warm-up time before they can strike for example. It could also have Bowser Jr., The Koopalings, The Broodals, Koopa Kids, Boom Boom and Pom Pom, Petey Piranha, King Boo, Goomboss, King Bob-Omb, Whomp King, Dry Bowser, The Koopa Bros., The Elite Trio, Kammy Koopa, Captain Goomba and many others as unlockable troops that you obtain throughout the main quest or by meeting certain criteria.

The other part of it would be a hack-and-slash where once the enemy army has been mostly eliminated by Bowser's army, he'll drop in and start rampaging all over the place by decimating the rest of them and destroying just about anything he comes into contact with. He would control similarly to how he did in Odyssey's escape sequence except he would have a lot more claw swipe combos and maybe incorporate some of his other attacks from Bowser's Inside Story like the Sliding Haymaker, the Body Slam and the Spike Ball as well as his signature fire breath. Each of his attacks could be leveled up and customized to be more proficient or offer some variety like say his standard flame breath attack could be swapped out with a triple fire ball shot or maybe even a Galaxy-styled meteor shot to deal some extra damage. He would also have a rage meter that would slowly builds up the better you do in each level, once it maxes out you can activate it and Bowser will go into a unbridled FRENZY and gain a 4X damage multiplier as well as moving around much faster for a short period of time.

The plot could involve the Koopa Troop taking a break from getting their shells handed to them by the hands of the Mario Bros. in the Mushroom Kingdom when one day Bowser catches wind of a mysterious new island far off in a distant land not located on any known maps or sea charts that is rumored to have a ancient treasure that supposedly yields unfathomable power beyond anyone's wildest imagination. Being the opportunist that he is, Bowser promptly sets off to the island to claim that power for himself... only to learn that the island was already occupied by another kingdom upon his arrival and they seem to not take to kindly to the Koopa King's presence knowing of his reputation. They shoot down Bowser's Castle leaving him stranded in the wilds as they close in on him, Bowser quickly rallies his army and the adventure begins.

like that ps4 godzilla game, but Good

Bowser is approaching the generator!

The generator is losing power!!

Gonna bump this with my idea I guess.
I feel like an Actraiser-esque game could work, maybe with some Misadventures of Tron Bonne worked in (though you start getting into Wario territory a bit there).
For reference: Actraiser is a game that alternates between side-scroller platforming/beat-em up and town building ala SimCity. The Misadventures of Tron Bonne is a game where you can do different activities (a rampaging heist stage, a puzzle stage where you have to steal boxes and a rougelike dungeon exploring stage) to raise money to pay off a debt.
So the idea: A Bowser beat-em-up/hack in slash where Bowser can be joined by a squad and get money or claim land. Then, it could alternate to a city-building game (maybe simplified to be customizing and expanding the hub/castle because Nintendo probably wouldn't go for something too complicated). In fact, describing it, they could probably make that portion a more expanded Kingdom Builder.

Back