Votes: 4 44.4%
  • They emit fear-inducing phermones, but mario is immune to fear

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

tardograd3

Goomba
Pronouns
she/her
In Super Mario Oddysey, you can obtain a power moon by scaring away a hat ghost by capturing a paragoomba, and scaring him off. How? Would a shepherd run if confronted with a lame sheep being ridden by a friend of his? Unless goombas are more powerful. And, if they are powerful, why is their power unused?

Well, everything in Mario that isn't a badguy or main character is utterly weak and worthless and goombas can at least attack by running into things.

They're powerful but vanilla Mario's presence is too much for them. :new:

I guess maybe Mario was the only one who thought about jumping on their heads. I mean maybe everyone else just jumps not high.

Hecc yes Goombas are powerful.

Being playable in Mario Party is their first step to conquer the world, no, the universe!

Mcmadness said:
Well, everything in Mario that isn't a badguy or main character is utterly weak and worthless and goombas can at least attack by running into things.
They are a bonneton guard. Other bonnetors talk about capturing like one would talk about planking or some other easy skill.

Maybe they somehow have the ability to multiply very quickly. I mean, there must be a reason Goombas are everywhere in such a short time, and so they are the first ones to practise the art of stacking on each other.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
Maybe they somehow have the ability to multiply very quickly. I mean, there must be a reason Goombas are everywhere in such a short time, and so they are the first ones to practise the art of stacking on each other.
But that would make people fear the entire goomba species, not just one.

tardograd3 said:
winstein said:

Well, since they are vulnerable to being stomped, it's not an issue when somebody can stomp them. Keeps their population under control.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
tardograd3 said:
winstein said:

Well, since they are vulnerable to being stomped, it's not an issue when somebody can stomp them. Keeps their population under control.

Thank you for reading.
That still wouldn't account for a bonneton guard being scared of a single goomba.

tardograd3 said:
winstein said:
tardograd3 said:
winstein said:

Thank you for reading.
That still wouldn't account for a bonneton guard being scared of a single goomba.

Well it is on account to the topic's question: what makes Goombas so powerful.

In regards to the scenario that you are depicting, a simple thought just come to me: that that particular one is just scared of Goombas. Simple reasons are quite elegant to this situation compared to the complicated that you might want out of us.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
That that particular one is just scared of Goombas.
But all of them cower when a paragoomba goes by. It is like a town in real life all being terrified of pidgeons.

But people who have nice hair and hats can get terrified of pigeons and gulls.

And people lose their brains around dem big bugs too.

Even though most of them ain't exactly kill material.

And that's probably why I don't like the detail in the game, because now every single life form that is not a friendly NPC is considered as a pest.

Princess Mario said:
But people who have nice hair and hats can get terrified of pigeons and gulls.
They are literally hats.

Lucario said:
And people lose their brains around dem big bugs too.
But insectoids are rarely seen by humans, whereas goombas are large, common, and uncamoflagued.

Maybe it's what they represent that strikes fear into the heart of the Mushroom Kingdom and beyond, since most Goombas save for a handful that refused to affiliate themselves with Bowser's army are looked to taking over.

"Fire... Thunder... Ice... Star power. Together the four nations lived in peace and harmony until the Koopa nation attacked. Only the Jumpman, master of all four elements could stop them but when the world needed him most... he vanished. A hundred years have passed and me and my Mushroom Retainer discovered the new Jumpman, a fire bender named Mario. And though his fire bending skills are great, he still has a lot to master before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Mario can save the world."

I can't help but see some Fire Emblem-ish story-telling in there.

Back