What is your favourite Mario & Luigi game?

What is your favourite Mario & Luigi game?

• Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MLRPG4.png

Dream Team will always be my favorite. I'm forever the local Dream Team stan.

I get why people have their hang-ups with it, but the high points of the game were just so high for me that that stuff just doesn't bother me.

Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story. I've put SSS on top in the past, especially in contexts where having a tie kind of defeats the point, but really I love them both equally for both similar and different reasons. Fawful is the big reason they have in common. Superstar Saga has all the rest of the Beanbean characters like Cackletta and all the crazy shenanigans that happen there (including the twist of Bowletta, call it cliche now but back then I found it really creative, not the game's fault a bunch of Mario games ripped it off later in less interesting ways), while BIS did a fantastic job of portraying Bowser's side of the story and transitioning Fawful from a minion to calling the shots himself. The Dark Star was awesome too, I tend to love it when the Mario RPGs have dark evil artifacts that could spell certain doom for all.

Dream Team follows closely behind, followed by Partners in Time. The only one I don't like is Paper Jam.

Dream Team, but that's like the only Mario & Luigi game I've played to any serious extent.

Bowser's inside Story, AKA the only Mario game to ever put Bowser in a protagonist role that was (mostly) not shit.

Mcmadness said:
Bowser's inside Story, AKA the only Mario game to ever put Bowser in a protagonist role that was (mostly) not shit.
Daily reminder that Bowser was one of the five party members in Super Mario RPG.

And he was shit in that. Both character wise and gameplay wise. He's statistically rated the worst party member in the game by fans.

Mcmadness said:
And he was *bleep* in that. Both character wise and gameplay wise. He's statistically rated the worst party member in the game by fans.

The heck? He's my all-time favorite in that game. He seems stronger than anyone else. Just because he has poor specials doesn't mean he's not good in another way.

Yo said:
The heck? He's my all-time favorite in that game. He seems stronger than anyone else. Just because he has poor specials doesn't mean he's not good in another way.

His lack of specials isn't the problem. (in fact if anybody is using specials besides Peach you are doing it wrong) The problem is his attack is eventually equaled out by geno's and peach's and mario's weapons and his magical defense is absolutely terrible compared to everyone else and since the worst attacks in the game are magical based it means he'll be getting his ass kicked by most major enemies and bosses you encounter.

I'll just put an image up and let you draw your own conclusion.

MnL2_BabyLuigi.png

Borp said:
Yes but he was the soul of the game. Something Mario, Peach, nor Geno can lay claim to. :bowser:
What are you talking Mario, has sou-

Smrpg_mario_2.gif

I stand corrected.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
I'll just put an image up and let you draw your own conclusion.

SCOTLAND

On another note, there's an intense liquid pride that comes from the fact that Dream Team is in second place, only one behind Bowser's Inside Story. It's an extremely small poll, of course, but knowing that someone else besides me would vote for it makes me very happy.

Not that I don't like Bowser's Inside Story, or understand why it's the fan-favorite, but I've gotten quite accustomed to the "Dream Team did nothing wrong" meme at this stage.

I'd like DT a lot more if they trimmed it down and cut out the bullshit.

Back