Is Mario + Rabbids genuinely good?

Parakoopa144

a delicious beverage
I don't know about you folks over in the US, but here in Europe, (Or NI anyway) Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Gold Editon is like £42, which is super tempting. Its such a different game, that I'm not sure if I would like it. In terms of tactical/stratergy games, I haven't played much beside a little bit of Disgaea, which I did enjoy. Is this game actually worth it?

The game is really good, yes. Don't let the Rabbids branding fool you, it's worth the cash.

Yes of course. The combat is really the game's strong suit.

Besides, the Rabbids ain't bad in this game, as far as the notable ones go.

Even if you didn't play any Strategy RPGs, I think Mario + Rabbids is a great game because it pares down the genre to the basics, in which everything is simple: the movement, the positioning and the attacking. Because of this, it's easy to keep track of everything and the luck aspect is also simple (either you have a direct hit, no hit, or 50/50). The game is also decently challenging, but if you are looking for a real challenge, there are always the post-world challenges to keep on your toes.

And then, there are the characters: every character has something they can only do, so it's not a waste to pick anyone, although be warned: Mario is mandatory in the quest while at least one Rabbid is required. With that said, since Mario is one of the better characters, he's going to be a reliable pick throughout the game.

From this point onward, the Gold edition will have good discounts so if there is one, go for it, since it has the Donkey Kong pack, and I heard great things about it (unfortunately for me, I didn't get the Gold edition so I can't enjoy the DK pack since there aren't any discounts for DLC that I heard of).

Thank you for reading.

It's one of the best Mario spin offs in quite sometime.

Just thought I would post, I'm borrowing this off a freind tomorrow! Then, whenever I grab my own copy of Gold Editon, I can use my own save, so I'm really hyped to play this!

Back