Anyone happen to own a standalone physical copy of New Super Luigi U?

Do you own New Super Luigi U?

• Yes, I own the limited edition standalone release of this game.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Yes, I own it either as DLC or as part of the NSMBU bundle.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No, I do not own this game in any way, shape, or form.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
MarioWiki
YoshiFlutterJump
Box_NA_%28final%29_-_New_Super_Luigi_U.png

Must be a super-rare version of the game. Nintendo doesn't print it anymore, and Amazon sells it for $90. Which is odd, considering that Nintendo still sells the standalone New Mario U for $60, just like the bundle. I guess it was intended as a limited edition?

But this is the ultimate collector's item, people.

I picked up a physical copy at a store years ago, that I distinctly remember. I also remember that I never got around to playing it, and it doesn't currently exist in my apartment. If it's a huge collectors item then all I can say is... oopsie.

Maybe it's in my mom's house still idk but she's out of town for a couple weeks so I can't verify that.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I picked up a physical copy at a store years ago, that I distinctly remember. I also remember that I never got around to playing it, and it doesn't currently exist in my apartment. If it's a huge collectors item then all I can say is... oopsie.

Maybe it's in my mom's house still idk but she's out of town for a couple weeks so I can't verify that.
It's really pricey on Amazon, but I looked and it sells for a decent price on eBay. I don't normally buy the same game twice on the same platform...but my inner collector is telling me to get this off of eBay ASAP.

I don't own it personally, but I've seen it on sale fairly cheap in various second-hand video game stores. I don't think it's particularly rare.

I never had a Wii U sadly, so its a no-show in my library. One of my freinds does own the PAL physical editon though, which is pretty cool. I'll own it soon enough when New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe comes out (can't wait for that! ;D).

Parakoopa144 said:
I never had a Wii U sadly, so its a no-show in my library. One of my freinds does own the PAL physical editon though, which is prett cool. I'll own it soon enough when New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe comes out (can't wait for that! ;D).
If this thread is still alive by January, NSMBU Deluxe will count as the second poll option.

I have the Wii U bundle version, but I really need that green game case!

YFJ said:

Third-party sellers inflating prices for "new" copies of OOP games (either due to a bad bot or deliberatly) is very common and doesn't mean anything. The site also lists the PS3 version of the Hulk movie game at a cool $99.81 but that doesn't mean that game is rare and valuable

I had a game that would be worth several thousand now.

Wish I still had it.

i have the physical version as well.

I think it's rarity, if there's any , is due to it being an item from the Year of Luigi phase.

I mean, check the later installments. You can't really get any of them at lower prices than set price.

Thankfully, I own the console versions of every other M&S game. That's the last one I need. But here are the prices for each of them on GameStop:

Beijing 2008 (Wii): $12
Vancouver 2010 (Wii): $15
London 2012 (Wii): $25
Sochi 2014 (Wii U): $20
Rio 2016 (Wii U): $50

Beijing 2008 (DS): $15
Vancouver 2010 (DS): $15
London 2012 (3DS): $15
Rio 2016 (3DS): $25

Except for Rio 2016 on Wii U, none of them are outrageously expensive. Weird.

I mean that's pretty obvious, but I started with someone a little closer to home, if you can call it that.

Princess Mario said:
I mean, check the later installments. You can't really get any of them at lower prices than set price.
I don't know if it's any different over in the USA, but here in the UK the places that have got them seem to be selling them dirt cheap. The last one I saw was Sochi 2014 brand new for £14.99.

Back