3DS seemingly runs out of battery for no reason

London Parris

Retired until further notice
Banned User
MarioWiki
White Lightning
I just woke up, I saw my 3DS was dead for no reason, but it was closed and blue when I went to bed. And it seemingly died for no reason, this isn't the first time either. It remains closed when I go to sleep and nobody goes into my room at night since I sleep. I'm not sure what is going on.

Have you tried leaving your 3DS on the charger overnight? I say this because I'm thinking it might have something to do with your battery. After a while of use, the battery life will shorten by a lot.

The 3DS still uses power in sleep mode. Make sure your wireless is off; it saves a lot of power.

If that doesn't help, it may be a battery issue. I got a Wii U GamePad in 2013 with a 3-hour battery life, and now in 2018 the battery lasts 10 minutes total, fully charged. This can happen with any battery, really. You may need a new battery.

I had it since June of this year and it does it sometimes runs out of battery when it is fully charged in sleep mode. Last night when I went to bed it was fully charged. And when I woke up it was gone. It isn't that common, the problem happened twice before. As I said it is a new system that I got back in June. Also I close the system before I go to bed.

Putting a 3DS to sleep may cause this. But, when fully charged for a relatively new console? I question this since it can be put to sleep for three days before dying. By the way, mine is a little older. But, I know it did become red when I put it to sleep while I slept. This was for something less than a year old. Only powering-off completely saves power.

Thanks for the info. I'll make sure that I will put it on the charger before I sleep. That should stop it.

if the problem persists, you can take advantage of the warranty to get it repaired or a new 3ds

Actually, the 3DS should last an entire night in just sleep mode (and still come out with full four bars in the morning). If you're concerned about how long a fully charged 3DS lasts, try leaving it in sleep mode during the day and record how many hours it lasts until the battery hits red.

Back