Issue 138

Meta Knight

Accepting applications for The 'Shroom
Core 'Shroom Staff
Issue 138 is fresh off the press as the annual post-Awards issue! I would like to once again send a welcome to Roserade and Hooded Pitohui as part of the team, and offer my sincere appreciation to Lord Bowser for his work in Fun Stuff. Please go check out all of the specials and I'll see you next time!

Honoka's #4 Fan said:
Yoshi is my favourite Modern Mario Game.

Not anymore :bowser:

While we're on the subject, Awards Analysis is the Poll Committee's largest project for the year! Featuring 45 poll listings and analysis, it's the product of a whole lot of hard work. It's a really interesting read for anyone following the Awards- do check it out!

WHERE IS MARIO GALAXY WHAT HAPPENED TO IT?

The poll analysis felt like Mario getting 2nd in Major Character Award is trivial, which is usually the spot for Yoshi, but that's just my opinion of course. Similar sentiment in regards to Mario Party 3 getting 3rd, when Mario Party 2 is usually favoured.

It's sad that Wario's Woods has little love, but I suppose it is a game that is not being played enough, and I have a feeling the SNES version is even more obscure. I wonder if the upcoming Switch Online NES game would do well in raising interest in the game?

For "Favorite Costume", is the Waluigi costume related to nostalgia or a joke? The first two are described as those respectively, but the way it's described in the comments seem to lean on neither.

I wondered why Battle Cards are lumped together with Stickers in the "Worst Game Mechanic", only because I do not feel that they are similar since Stickers are a lot more restrictive (reminder that stickers can occupy page space), and from what I know, Stickers are required more often in the overworld, compared to how Things aren't used as often. One thing I do grant that they are similar is requiring them to defeat the major bosses. I suppose their functions are similar so it's technically the same by the definition of the poll.

Something I wonder is, is it confirmed that Mario Party 9 and 10's board game formula is changed for the sake of it? Or is it just something we just have to assume because vocally, it's not well-liked? I have a few reasons to believe that it was the way it is, but I don't think anybody is interested in my theories (if you are, just drop a reply and I would be happy to elucidate them). I need to point out that I am not implying that it's the best idea ever, but it's kind of strange to see that assumption because I got the impression that some people do like a different take on the Mario Party formula, even if it's just like one or two games and likely never again.

Something I have observed in the polls, and no doubt everybody would yell "Obvious!!" is that Sticker Star has given a very deep negative impression that as long as it exists, it will be voted in anything "Fail" and get 1st or 2nd place, including everything that is associated with it. I bet that if Sticker Star somehow gets a spot in a Mario Kart course poll, it will be voted, even though Sticker Star is never a Mario Kart course. I imagine the pain will last for decades to come, even though Mario Wiki might not exist for that long.

Thank you for reading.

Back