Mario Character pages on Wikipedia

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
On Wikipedia, because Mario is a popular character, you bet there are character pages dedicated to him, along with his other friends. I didn't read all the articles since I obviously can't read every language, but based on what I have seen, these are my discoveries:

English Wikipedia: Mario, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Toad, Bowser, Peach, Birdo, Koopalings, Daisy, Yoshi, Wario, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Fawful, Rosalina (Yes, the ordering is based on character debut, appropriately enough)
French Wikipedia: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Daisy, Rosalina, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Donkey Kong, Koopalings, Wario, Waluigi, Birdo
Korean Wikipedia: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Birdo, Daisy, Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina
Chinese Wikipedia: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Bowser, Toad, Wario, Waluigi (R), Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Birdo (R), Bowser Jr., Nabbit (R)
Italian Wikipedia: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Bowser, Dry Bowser, Bowser Jr., Koopalings, Kamek, Wart, Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, King Boo, Petey Piranha, Toadsworth, Toadette, Daisy, Rosalina, E. Gadd, Diddy Kong

Some notes:
* Chinese Wikipedia's template listed Waluigi, Birdo and Nabbit in the Character pages, but they're red links so they don't have pages yet.
* Japanese Wikipedia has the most extensive array of pages on Mario characters where many characters got their own page, including less popular characters like King Boo and Petey Piranha. The character subcategories in the template even has subcategories based on species and Mario Kart games. That's why I decided not to list them here. In case you are curious, Toadette doesn't have her own page.
* Spanish Wikipedia doesn't have a template for Mario but they have several Mario characters with their own pages, including Ludwig (only Koopaling to have own page), Captain Syrup and Boshi, and even Toadette.
* German Wikipedia doesn't have a template for Mario characters, but in the video game characters list, the following Mario characters are found: Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Wario and Bowser. Mario is directed to the Super Mario page, oddly enough, so he doesn't quite have his own page.
* Italian Wikipedia lists down the antagonists from Bowser to Petey Piranha. Yes, even Donkey Kong falls under this category.
* Malay Wikipedia's list is copied from English Wikipedia, but all the character pages are red links.

Thank you for reading.

Every Wikipedia should strive to have a list like that amazing English one, bet nobody can guess why that one is so satisfying to look at.

Side note, I remember being trolled hard by Spanish Wikipedia once upon a time. I looked Fawful up there once and it happened to have just been edited with false information about him being in Mario Kart 7. When I translated the article and read this info I freaked the hell out and excitedly posted that he was in Mario Kart 7 in several places online. I haven't forgiven whoever added that false info.

Russian Wikipedia has Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Wario, Waluigi, Yoshi, Daisy, Rosalina, Koopa Troopa, and Goomba, while Bowser Jr., Boo, Lakitu, and Koopalings are red-linked. Dunno why the nav template would red-link Boo, the other languages don't.

It has an article of the Super Mario Bros. theme, which only the English, Italian, Korean, and Polish have articles of.

I find it really weird that Fawful has a Wikipedia article when compared to other more significant characters that don't have one.

Back