Moldomré's Creations: Sprites, Drawings, and YouTube

Re: Moldomré's Collection of Sprites & More

Since they are supposed to be tiny sprites, the fact that the images are large makes them blurry... but I can see all the hard work, and I can really see how great they are. Keep it up!

My new avatar was created by myself. Not very professional though. It's Yoshi's artwork for SSBU, based on his new appearence for Crafted World, except colored pink!

EDIT: Looking at it now, there are some visible blotches on Yoshi's right foot, I need to fix that.

EDIT 2: After looking at the ORIGINAL artwork, those blotches are supposed to be there. Never mind then.

https://imgur.com/a/J5YIMzm

Here's a link to more recolored artwork, this time from Crafted World itself. The Yoshi shoes actually are harder to recolor than the fur. My mistakes are most noticeable on the Yoshi shoes. By the way, I use GIMP for my picture editing.

Let me know how it is!

https://imgur.com/a/3JFRDm5

Here's some more, utilizing some underused Yoshi colors, such as brown, orange, and black, along with purple.

I might try some different characters; always recolors though, I'm no good at from-scratch art.

I haven't done full sheets that size myself.

But from the looks of it, nothing wrong stands out.

Lucario said:
I haven't done full sheets that size myself.

But from the looks of it, nothing wrong stands out.

Not really, but somehow most people on the Spriter's Resource always manage to make theirs' look better! :P

Better, maybe, but yours is still neat.

Alright, been a while, but this post is for YFJ and LGM specifically. I decided to edit artworks to see what their avatars might look like. Here's what YFJ's avatar might look like for halloween (To fit with his Ghostly Yoshi name):
Open it in a new tab to see it better.

fZiuUFU.png

And here's what LGM's might look like if she went back to her original theme:

Wid1ruW.png

Lovely.

Yo said:
uM3c6Lj.png

This is a sprite sheet that I never finished, since I'm not good with full sheets. I'll happily take any advice!

Have you tried using the select color function so you don't need to change palettes manually with the fill bucket?

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Yo said:
uM3c6Lj.png

This is a sprite sheet that I never finished, since I'm not good with full sheets. I'll happily take any advice!

Have you tried using the select color function so you don't need to change palettes manually with the fill bucket?

I use GIMP. I use select color often, but I don't think you're able to change colors using the bucket with GIMP.

You can. It's either ticked in "fill whole selection" or "fill similar colors", something like that. You use the color picker selection tool to pick the all similar colors in the picture (for sprites the tolerance should be at its lowest since there is only a limited amount of colors anyway). But even without the bucket, you can just get a really big brush and paint over the selection.

Anyhow, it's related, but if you ever get the thought of "wouldn't it be easier if I could just select all similar colors", there's a chance a program has it, so just look up online to check if a function exists!

received-330135764427082.jpg

Here's something new. I fancy myself pretty good at paper drawings, and this one has my best shading yet (that's not saying much though). The shading is most evident in the face, under the mustache and the shadow cast by the brim of his cap.

I drew the head weeks before I drew the rest, and I forgot what the original goal was, so I just drew in Mario's body. Then, from the strange, twisted recesses of my mind, I colored him in with my three favorite colors: gold, bright blue, and pink.

I was probably gonna draw him in a more action filled pose originally, but I still haven't remembered.

Tell me your thoughts!

Your artstyle certainly is... unique.

That said, I like your shading. Really adds a lot to the piece.

Lucario said:
Your artstyle certainly is... unique.
I don't know about Koops, but I like how it is unique! It's cool that you have an artstyle that looks different than the norm.

Man, we sure do have a lot of good artists on these Boards...

I meant it in a good way...

Could I say anything bad about Moldo's artwork?

Though your last statement is correct.

When shading, I suggest using complementary colors, not just simple darker versions of colors, and not black. For yellow, use like a dark purple (lightly). For reds, try greens. Blues, use oranges. And so on.

Princess Mario said:
When shading, I suggest using complementary colors, not just simple darker versions of colors, and not black. For yellow, use like a dark purple (lightly). For reds, try greens. Blues, use oranges. And so on.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try this from now on and see how to works.

It's been quite a while, but here's some new creations:

7QlXdgF.png

My current avatar, up close and pixely.

L2VWVjZ.png

The dark blue, mirrored version.

1V7zenQ.jpg

My previous avatar, which I essentially never finished. You can see the most green around the hand and egg area.

Aaaand that's about it! Although I do have a sneak peek for a WIP recolor of the Piranha Plant SSBU art:

IyAlCW5.jpg

Say hello to the Putrid Piranha, in all its glory WIP ugliness!
Theme change? *hint hint, wink wink*

PAH-RAHNA PLEEEEEENT?

I was going to change to Merry Moldo for the holidays; maybe next year. Here's the badly edited GIMP creation I had prepared for Christmas:

qjcBgoP.png

The Santa hat was ripped straight from the Santa Mario artwork I found on the Wiki.

8SdMubU.jpg

So after seeing the (awful; official, but awful) updated BIS artwork of Bowser, I changed the OG artwork into Bowser's supposed bro., whose definitely-creative-name happens to be...Blue Bowser.

Yeah.

Colors are taken from the Sm4sh alt. art.

EDIT: New art!

King-Koopa.png

"Koopa pack! ATTACK!"

Back