• WTF

Votes: 21 43.8%

• Total voters

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
peachette.0.png

So apparently Toadette can turn into a Peach clone now. Scary.

Could this mean that Peach used to be a toad before and that all toads eventually evolve into humans :toad: ?

The most desperate attempt to keep Peach kidnapped even when adding her gameplay style into the game tbh. Was it that hard to do like 3D World with the "plot" at least? It's not like a slight change in a NSMB game's story would matter at all.

The form also makes no sense so as far as I can tell there's literally no upside to this over Peach herself being playable alongside Toadette. You could say she's unlocked post-game but if that were the case, this power-up is immediately redundant so what's the point?

Saltman said:
peachette.0.png

So apparently Toadette can turn into a Peach clone now. Scary.

Could this mean that Peach used to be a toad before and that all toads eventually evolve into humans :toad: ?

What about Baby Peach though? Does she look like a Toad?

While there are people who are complaining about how stupid it is, I actually praise the idea because it's stupid. NSMB needs more stupid ideas like this.

Of course I don't mean transform Mario into freaking Toad John Cena but I mean these kinds of silly things.

I guess I found my next April fools theme!

Somehow Nintendo was able to make a Mario character that's almost as bad as Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
The most desperate attempt to keep Peach kidnapped even when adding her gameplay style into the game tbh. Was it that hard to do like 3D World with the "plot" at least? It's not like a slight change in a NSMB game's story would matter at all.

The form also makes no sense so as far as I can tell there's literally no upside to this over Peach herself being playable alongside Toadette. You could say she's unlocked post-game but if that were the case, this power-up is immediately redundant so what's the point?
Changing the plot would technically mean changing World 8, as World 8 is Peach's Castle filled with lava. It wouldn't make sense for Bowser to be in Peach's Castle if Peach wasn't kidnapped.

Gamefreak75 said:
Somehow Nintendo was able to make a Mario character that's almost as bad as Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina.
PGP and Baby Rosalina are not characters; they're roster filler for Mario Kart. Similarly, Peachette is just a power-up form of Toadette, not a new character. And for your information, there is no Mario character worse than Jojora, the only Mario character I genuinely dislike.

YFJ said:
Changing the plot would technically mean changing World 8, as World 8 is Peach's Castle filled with lava. It wouldn't make sense for Bowser to be in Peach's Castle if Peach wasn't kidnapped.
They anticipated Bowser, so Peach had evacuated to safety in Acorn Plains, Bowser attacks, throws Mario and co. out and takes over the castle. Locks up all the other Toads there. There, excuse plot modified and the Peach-inspired mechanics can be used logically. It would make sense for Peach to go an adventure to take back her castle too.

Some silly insignificant character in a minor port in a series of flying mushrooms and dancing blocks and Baby Donkey Kong doesn't rile me.

I only realised that when I went to the Mario wiki page, but Peachette has grey eyes. Maybe it's because of the fact that Toadette has beedy eyes that they made them grey. Because black would look like Peach is a Zombie or something.

YFJ said:
Gamefreak75 said:
PGP and Baby Rosalina are not characters; they're roster filler for Mario Kart. Similarly, Peachette is just a power-up form of Toadette, not a new character.
Then why are Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach "new" characters in MK8?

Watch Peachette be a roster filler in Mario Kart 9 or something.

Honestly I don't care about the amount of filler characters in Mario Kart. They're filler, so they don't require much work, so they don't really take up character slots. If anything they're made to include easy characters into the game.

Peachette is the sort of filler character I'm fine with, a quick and easy addition to the roster. Take her model in NSBUDX, and put Peach's animations on it and you have a new addition to the roster. I'm not fine with characters like Baby Daisy and Rosalina however. Characters that have to have their models made from scratch, with unique animations and voice clips, just as much effort required as a fully unique character.

People are overreacting way too much to this is all I have to say on it.

im literally so confused about her existence
so many different lore implications
plus apparently its a regular powerup, but it boots you out of pits, but nabbit is already present for an easy mode kinda character
just ????????

It's a bit uncanny valley for me, but I'm also oddly fascinated.

I am a bit iffy about it but I really want to see Peach full on playable after being rescued as unlockable playable character just like in Super Mario Run. If Nintendo had the balls to do that in Super Mario Run, they could do the same in this half-assed port, which they should've made a New Super Mario Bros. Switch instead of it with Peach playable from the start and not kidnapped with Daisy also included as well.

Yoshi could turn into Mario, Luigi and Wario via power-up in Mario 64 DS.

Clearly this means Mario, Luigi and Wario evolved from Yoshies. :yoshi:

Anyone else feel like Peachette ruins Toadette's character? I don't know why, I just think it does for some reason. I guess it's because it just comes out of nowhere and the concept is dumb. At least that's how I feel about it. It makes me feel really bad for Toadette. She doesn't deserve this. She deserves better. I mean it's good she's getting some attention, but this whole Peachette thing is bad if you ask me.

It's really not supposed to be something to really overthink about.

I'd scoff at Peachette from a lore or meaning standpoint, but I love it for the sheer stupidity.

This is Mario we're talking about, it's got to have its silly moments.

Cheeze said:
Anyone else feel like Peachette ruins Toadette's character? I don't know why, I just think it does for some reason. I guess it's because it just comes out of nowhere and the concept is dumb. At least that's how I feel about it. It makes me feel really bad for Toadette. She doesn't deserve this. She deserves better. I mean it's good she's getting some attention, but this whole Peachette thing is bad if you ask me.

idk I feel it's at least better then say... Baby Rosalina when we've seen Rosalina young in her storybook

Imagine if one of Toadette's dreams is to be more like Princess Peach. And this mushroom that makes her Peachette for at least a temporary amount of time grants that wish.

It doesn't necessarily mean Peach is now a powered-up Toad in the lore. But it's kind of interesting regardless.

Honoka's #4 Fan said:
Peachette is the sort of filler character I'm fine with, a quick and easy addition to the roster. Take her model in NSBUDX, and put Peach's animations on it and you have a new addition to the roster. I'm not fine with characters like Baby Daisy and Rosalina however. Characters that have to have their models made from scratch, with unique animations and voice clips, just as much effort required as a fully unique character.

If anything, that makes Peachette a lazier character than Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina which arguably makes her worse.

the dress model, they had to model that from scratch. Peach also doesn't have basic player animations in NSMBU such as running, jumping, dying, etc either so they also had to make it from scratch, unless her animations are simply ported from Super Mario Run.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Honoka's #4 Fan said:

If anything, that makes Peachette a lazier character than Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina which arguably makes her worse.

the dress model, they had to model that from scratch. Peach also doesn't have basic player animations in NSMBU such as running, jumping, dying, etc either so they also had to make it from scratch, unless her animations are simply ported from Super Mario Run.
In that case if they ported the animations from Super Mario Run, it would be very simple to make Peach herself a playable character after being rescued. If Nintendo had the balls to do it in Super Mario Run (ahem, a stripped down NSMB game for mobile devices), there's no excuse they couldn't do it in this port. All they have to do is make Blue Toad take Peach's place in the final boss area and the ending when one person is playing as Peach. That's how Super Mario Run didn't end up creating a paradox with two Peaches.

Hey.

Just assume Peachette is Peach.

She has the float.

AND the double jump.

It's the ultimate Peach.

I don't think it's even supposed to be taken seriously at all, so you can really interprete it either way you want.

Lucario said:
Hey.

Just assume Peachette is Peach.

She has the float.

AND the double jump.

It's the ultimate Peach.

I don't think it's even supposed to be taken seriously at all, so you can really interprete it either way you want.
It's merely just Toadette turned into a Peach clone. It's after all those humanized fanarts of her on DeviantArt and whatnot.

Back