Toy Story 4

I thought Toy Story 3 was a perfect ending to the Toy Story series but hey, guess they can't stop milking a cash cow.

.....its been 10 years since toy story 3 jfc

Oh wow. I really now am interested to see how these movies aged. I can tell that games from 10 years ago have aged, but not sure about movies, especially when I haven't seen animated movies in a while.

I wonder how a Toy Story 4 game would end up, since the first three Toy Story movies have tie-in video games. Naturally they are all platformers, but the first Toy Story video game has the most notability for its use of CG-rendered sprites (think Donkey Kong Country and Vectorman) and clever programming trickery to simulate the 3D effect, as opposed to the other games which are 3D platformers and perhaps more generic due to the lack of things that made them stand out. Maybe there might not be a video game anyway, since the market has changed that it would likely be a mobile game if there were to be a video game tie-in.

Thank you for reading.

There's been a lot of trailers since we last discussed here, and we haven't shared a single one! I'll post the latest one so far:

indeed, which means people that were kids when 3 came out are now nearing or at adulthood.

After the Incredibles 2 (IMO it's supremely overrated), I lost my faith in Pixar to make worthwhile films but I really liked the first three Toy Stories, even if the third does a lot of retreading (which seems to be a symptom of sequel disease Pixar repeatedly suffers from). Yeah, it's been ten years, but the competition has evolved too, and Pixar no longer holds that niche of quality animated films.

Mario Party X said:
After the Incredibles 2 (IMO it's supremely overrated), I lost my faith in Pixar to make worthwhile films but I really liked the first three Toy Stories, even if the third does a lot of retreading (which seems to be a symptom of sequel disease Pixar repeatedly suffers from). Yeah, it's been ten years, but the competition has evolved too, and Pixar no longer holds that niche of quality animated films.

2018 was a really meh year for Pixar too. I didn't even see that Ralph movie no one seems to care about.

Also Incredibles 2 (why isn't it THE Incredibles but just Incredibles?) isn't bad but it did feel kind of fast paced and same-ish compared to the first one. Also that Screen Slaver dude looked way more badass than the actual villain and only got like 5 seconds of screentime lol. The villain herself was way less cooler than Syndrome too and didn't even say anything memorable like he did.

But hey it had a lot of fighting so who cares.

I think it has the stupid plot that rivals Cars 2, even has the "villlain promotes something to sabotage it". It has the twist villain plot that Cars 2 also had, but a ton of Disney movies as well including Big Hero Six, Zootopia, Frozen, Wreck it Ralph. The entire villains plot is contrived as hell as it requires immense stupidity by practically the world to have it work. It also took Violet and Dash way too long to figure out that the goggles can be easily deactivated, they didn't even try breaking the goggles or anything when they had extremely obvious opportunities such as when they incapacitated one of the heroes that were mind controlled.

The first part of the plot is pretty much the first one except it's swapped and it's the same message. A lot of the movie is actually just nostalgia whoring as a veil over the really weak plot really.

So yeah my expectations for this one is the same, a bunch of nostalgia whoring and retreading for older people but a seriously weak and predictable plot. Finding Dory was an unnecessary retread. Monsters University was forgettable.

Cars 3 is probably one of the better ones imo but it got super predictable the third act. I like the final message it gave out, and it should resonate to younger audiences, though. The Good Dinosaur was forgettable. Inside Out is great tho, but far from flawless and suffers from Pixar tropes and having predictable moments.

Ralph isn't Pixar but copyright murdered Mario and so the sequel betrayed me but I guess there may be redemption in 2022.

Bo Peep has gotten a redesign in this one.

5c6713fdc5d7d9586505e973

I'm cautiously optimistic on how this will turn out. On one hand, she was pretty bland and just a pretty girl by the numbers character in the first Toy Story movie (and had practically no presence in the second one; not like she played a huge role in the first one anyway) so this new development can give her much needed distinguishing and personality due to her disappearance in the third movie. On the other hand, they can easily just stereotype her by making the typical brash, "i need no man" type girl that's been all too common in the girl power characters.

I'm surprised anyone gave a shit about Bo Peep

I for hell sure didn't. But it's not necessarily a bad idea to flesh out characters who didn't have enough time.

However, her recent direction as this overhauled, strong brash female character just looks to be redundant with Jessie and maybe Barbie.

This feels like a Disney princess I've seen a lot of times where they're all bold and confident. Don't think the cape is necessary to her design, makes her look forest rangery like that girl from Brave or one of the sisters from Frozen.

>people trashing incredibles 2 in this thread

5da.jpg

side note - this may very well be the first toy story i see in the cinema

i say that because i don't know if i saw a toy story in the cinema

the movie actually does look good but also i still think they should've just stopped at 3

Forky is literally what I used to do as a kid: play with utensils and make characters out of them. That's an automatic personal plus for this, it's looking great in general so far. I'll be seeing it on opening day for sure (and for me it'll definitely be the first Toy Story I see in a theater; the first 2 we had on VHS when I was young and I didn't see the third until years after it came out. But it'll definitely be hard to top the emotion of TS3)

Huh, apparently, this Toy Story is the first one any of us are seeing in theaters.

Including myself.

I watched both 2 and 3 in theaters, though I don't feel like shelling money for this one until Pixar can prove themselves to be worth my money.

Back