What would a Mario game with a fan made roster be like?

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
I thought this could be a chance for interesting discussion, so if Nintendo were to make a poll and the at least the top 20 characters will be in a game together, what would the results be like?

Now, to keep things fair, no crossover characters except maybe Miis and no characters that aren't from any game like Oogatar or Prince Haru, I think there of some possible outcomes
Of characters that would show up, it would be characters from all the Mario series and one offs, main series, sports, RPGs, Party, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Super Princess Peach and others
  • The roster is mostly the same as the typical Mario game due to the ones that show up all the time being the ones everyone knows and love anyways
  • The roster is filled with some rather unexpected favorites such as characters from Warioware or the RPGs being giving a chance and depending on how high the demand, some other common place characters won't make it
What do you think

Assuming this poll cannot be rigged or messed with by fans and somehow manages to track one vote per person I'd imagine option 1 would most likely be the case.

You just wouldn't see any wtf additions. It would have all the regulars and not much else.

Mostly 1, yeah. But 2 sounds interesting to me too. Maybe a mix of the two, having mostly 1 but some 2.

Back