Mario's Story in Luigi's Mansion

ZoomZike

YouTube/ZoomZike
People are always talking about how Professor E. Gadd may be some kind of arms dealer, but why haven't I seen people talk about how Mario even got captured by King Boo in the first place?

There's clues sprinkled throughout the game, hinting at what could have happened, yet I've never seen anyone piece these clues together to form the overall narrative of the story.

Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to do some digging myself; after gathering tons of evidence, I came up with what I believe is Mario's Story in Luigi's Mansion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB7OfwTvJ6c

Any affirmations or counterpoints are welcome, since I feel like this game has more than meets the eye in terms of its plot, and I'd like to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

i think the real question i'm having is why the hell mario got captured in luigi's mansion: darkmoon. iirc it was never explained, he was just sealed away in the portrait because in the middle of the story, the game decided that we need mario as a damsel in distress once more but couldn't figure out how to fit that in.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
i think the real question i'm having is why the hell mario got captured in luigi's mansion: darkmoon. iirc it was never explained, he was just sealed away in the portrait because in the middle of the story, the game decided that we need mario as a damsel in distress once more but couldn't figure out how to fit that in.
Yeah, I hate how the "save someone" plot is always stuck into any Mario games, even in Super Mario Bros 3, where "save the kings and defeat Bowser" could have been OK they still added Peach getting kidnapped at the end, why?
Also yeah, expecially in Dark Moon Mario was 100% pointless, he just "appears", we already had the threat of Kind Boos conquering the world using the Dark Moon, that's enough of a reason to spot him. Why add Mario getting kidnapped for no reason? I guess so he could humiliate Luigi and get revenge on Mario aswell? Maybe?
Still, could have been easily avoided...

Also really nice video ZoomZike, I LOVED the editing. It looked very clean.

My headcanon is that Mario's the one who bought the portrait at the garage sale before Dark Moon happened; it plays perfectly into the narrative that he's really, really stupid in the Luigi's Mansion games. Otherwise, yeah, Mario's inclusion is sadly pointless, so I do prefer the first Luigi's Mansion plot since it's actually more centered around Luigi and Mario.

Jumping Spider said:
Also really nice video ZoomZike, I LOVED the editing. It looked very clean.

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

Princess Mario said:
My headcanon is that Mario's the one who bought the portrait at the garage sale before Dark Moon happened; it plays perfectly into the narrative that he's really, really stupid in the Luigi's Mansion games. Otherwise, yeah, Mario's inclusion is sadly pointless, so I do prefer the first Luigi's Mansion plot since it's actually more centered around Luigi and Mario.

I haven't played Dark Moon myself, but from the sounds of it, the way that Mario gets captured in that game doesn't seem to make as much sense as the way he gets captured in the original.

Back