Can I still download WiiWare using download codes?

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
MarioWiki
YoshiFlutterJump
So...I know that the Wii Shop is closing down. I can't add Wii Points anymore. But I found a download code for Sonic 4 on Amazon. I found a menu still on the Wii Shop for using download codes. So I want to know: if I buy this download code, can I play Sonic 4 on my Wii? Or are download codes defunct as well?

And if you're wondering, here's the code for $10 on Amazon. The picture says it's Episode 2, but it's actually Episode 1.

That link isn't for Sonic 4 on WiiWare. It's Sonic 4 on PC/Steam.

And I think adding Wii points have shut down in general so unless you somehow already had the points stored for it. It's too late.

Sonic 4 isn't a bad game per se. Though you're probably better off with the original Sonic games and/or Sonic Mania.

Northern Verve said:
That link isn't for Sonic 4 on WiiWare. It's Sonic 4 on PC/Steam.

And I think adding Wii points have shut down in general so unless you somehow already had the points stored for it. It's too late.

Sonic 4 isn't a bad game per se. Though you're probably better off with the original Sonic games and/or Sonic Mania.
That doesn't require Wii Points though. It's a download code that I can enter via the "Wii Download Ticket" menu.

And I didn't know this code was for PC. I found one for Wii, but it's currently unavailable. I'll keep searching until I find one at another store.

And yeah, I guess Sonic Mania is better. But I wanted to give this a shot as well, and the Wii is my preferred console to play it. I guess I could get it on PC, but I would prefer to play it on Wii. I still plan to get Sonic Mania eventually though.

Czario said:
Kirby of the Stars said:
I found one for Wii, but it's currently unavailable. I'll keep searching until I find one at another store.
Pretty sure that link is for PlayStation 3, not Wii. If you look at the headers above the item's title, it says this:

Video Games › PlayStation 3 › Digital Games & DLC › Games
Okay, I guess I'll just get the PC version. At least that way I can get the other episodes as well!

Back