Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - Switch Port Rumors  (Read 5658 times)

Baby Luigi

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 Тарелка бл🧀🧀🧀 сырная!!
    • View Profile
Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - Switch Port Rumors
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2018, 02:37:43 PM »
When SMBX splits the screen, it does get harder to see ahead of you though...
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

MnSG

• Shine Sprite
  • Cosmic Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2018, 02:50:35 PM »
Probably going to replace those features with something else, I'm betting.

Frankly, I feel that Nintendo should just make a new Super Mario Bros. platformer for the Nintendo Switch. Not every Wii U title is getting the Switch treatment after all; Smash Wii U sure isn't with Smash Ultimate being in development.

Team Kirby

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2018, 03:13:34 PM »
super mario bros. x, unlike the other multiplayer games, splits its screen when the characters separate so you won't have *bleep* toads running around and forcing people into bubbles

super mario run also sucks ass because they removed mario's only trait that sets him apart by giving everyone else his ability

see how that feels when mario gets the same floating ability when peach is around
That was foolish of Nintendo, making every character able to collect Super Mushrooms in Mario Run.  I can understand why Luigi could, but everyone else simply ruins the character balance of the game.

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
  • Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2018, 03:49:47 PM »
It wouldn't mess with level design.

Yes it would.

You're forgetting that Super Mario Run was designed in mind to accommodate characters with different abilities from the very start. Same thing with Super Mario 3D World, heck in any of the aforementioned games you mentioned, these sort of things were planned out way before they even started designing the levels themselves. In New Super Mario Bros. Wii and U, levels were designed around how characters all play the same as each other, because that's how they wanted to develop the game, and that's how it's expected to remain. Even NSMB hacks that change around characters' playstyles usually have new levels due to the fact.
Does that also include SMB2 USA and my slight analogy/comparision with Maria Renard in Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (who is similar to Peach because she wears a pink dress like Peach does, but not in Dracula X Chronicles or in Symphony of the Night as a 17 year old, or heck even Castlevania Judgement; they're also blondies but with their differences being their abilities)?

Miyamoto did say that Peach was initially considered to be playable in NSMBWii but they scrapped that for bull*bleep* reasons like not being able to animate her dress and program it in and waited until 3D World (which BTW initally did not have Peach playable as Koichi Hayashida and Kenta Motokura didn't wanted to, but Yoshiaki Koizumi bugged them to make her playable) and Super Mario Run did it (after being rescued). It's a miracle that StupidMarioBros1Fan is doing all the hard work to implement Peach and even Daisy in NSMBWii but without their unique abilities (which is why I love playing as them in the first place). But Nintendo needs to make changes in NSMB Switch to be able to have Peach and or Daisy be playable, including level design to accommodate them to make things fair. Everyone being unique like in SMB2, 3D World, and Super Mario Run is awesome just as how Maria Renard being different than Richter Belmont in Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and SOTN (with Alucard, but only in the Sega Saturn and Dracula X Chronicles PSP versions as Maria is only playable in those versions and not the original PlayStation 1 version) is also awesome too. People want variety, not duplicates which are very lame like two Toads when the space could be used for better characters like Wario and Waluigi (which needs to be in a main game as a lot of fans want).

I am basing the comparisons off my experiences.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 04:11:12 PM by Roll and Maria Renard »

LeftyGreenMario

• Do not show the embarrassing CPU scores during the battle.
  • Donkey Kong
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2018, 05:25:35 PM »
The whole thing isn't really about "tainting" the Wii U's legacy. I owned the Wii U and most of the games that are being ported to the Switch (Mario Kart 8, Breath of the Wild, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta, New Super Mario Bros. U). I like to have more for my library, not retreads on games I already own. It's great you don't have a Wii U back then, but my Switch is collecting dust from having only Super Mario Odyssey, and the only other games I'd like are  Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle,  Super Mario Party, and  Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (though I do wonder if Diablo III is a good investment too). I don't know if other people can relate, but from my selfish perspective, it's tiring to hear. I don't know if different developmental teams are working on those because I don't see sequels AND ports getting worked on at the same time and I've yet to see a new Mario Kart or a new Captain Toad or a new Bayonetta or a new Hyrule Warriors, so eh.

Baby Luigi

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2018, 05:27:53 PM »
If we're to get Diablo III, we're really better off getting the PC version of it and saving up for an expanded SDD, as with other titles available on PC such as Doom, Wolfenstein, Skyrim, etc.

LeftyGreenMario

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2018, 05:29:36 PM »
Personally, Diablo III on the Switch for both of us is less expensive. I don't know if both our PCs can run Diablo III smoothly, and that's considering that we buy two copies for ourselves. The Switch does allow for one-screen multiplayer, which sets it apart from the PC iteration. Also, won't take up space in our shrinking SDD.

LudwigVon

• Statistics Manager
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Whomp
  • The Cleverest Koopaling
    • View Profile
    • Super Mario Wiki userpage
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2018, 05:37:51 PM »
...or a new Bayonetta...

You know Bayonetta 3 for Switch is a thing, right?

LeftyGreenMario

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2018, 05:39:57 PM »
Oh I must've forgotten or overlooked the news, as I don't watch too much Nintendo Direct these days. But that's really nice. I need to go back and play my dual Bayonetta 1 + 2 copies.  👀

Mcmadness

• Power Star
  • The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2018, 06:58:49 PM »
Frankly, I feel that Nintendo should just make a new Super Mario Bros. platformer for the Nintendo Switch. Not every Wii U title is getting the Switch treatment after all; Smash Wii U sure isn't with Smash Ultimate being in development.

Well this is still just a rumour.
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig. This sig loves you.

Isabelle

• Best girl. And dog. And definitely NOT deserving of the mostly *bleep* fanart she gets.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • The adorable, fluffy, 100% hug material Isabelle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2018, 12:30:46 AM »
How much deep reactions that supposed rumor got us into lol.

LeftyGreenMario

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2018, 01:13:12 AM »
Well, it's nothing compared to the Mario + Rabbids hysteria, so we're not there yet.

Isabelle

• Best girl. And dog. And definitely NOT deserving of the mostly *bleep* fanart she gets.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2018, 01:47:46 AM »
But Mario + Rabbids actually turned out great, but we're talking about a port here.

Shygul

• Nikaido Saki
  • Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • my new website plz check it out and share on facebook
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2018, 03:41:09 AM »
so...why exactly is this rumor credible?

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2018, 04:26:41 AM »
Actually...

Excellent point here, Shadowshy, talking about this is useless. We better wait until it's actually officially confirmed, THEN we rant.

Swiftie_Luma

• King of your Heart.
  • King Bowser
  • I've got new rules, I count 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2018, 11:19:55 AM »
i mean there's nothing too crazy about a New Super Mario game being on the switch.

A miracle would be that they wouldn't even think in doing it.

Those games are so basic and overall the same that i don't know why someone would want them at this day and again , i would much rather have 3D World ported with Daisy or Yoshi added than this *bleep*.

Team Kirby

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2018, 11:27:00 AM »
Yeah, even the most credible rumors sometimes turn out false.  That old Switch VC rumor seemed like a no-brainer for Nintendo, but guess what?  They instead incorporated NES Online into their subscription service.

Besides, I already feel that this subscription service will be a huge failure for Nintendo.

Baby Luigi

• Mushroom Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2018, 11:38:55 AM »
The leak is made by Liam Robertson, a game journalist. I don't know what his track record is though but I don't see what's the harm in discussing about a rumored game. If it turns out to be true, then okay I guess. If it turns out to be false, oh well.

saltypepper

• funky fresh beats
  • Koopa Troopa
  • aaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2018, 12:14:58 PM »

he's somewhat reliable but on the other hand...

If this turns out true, and there is a NSMB thing incoming, I really want Nintendo to go all out on this game. Not simply "new levels, a bit of other stuff", I want everything to be cool and stuff like that.

It would probably be simpler to port something or make a simple "new level edition" but eh.
UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF LOVE

Mcmadness

• Power Star
  • The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2018, 01:02:01 PM »
I just want a 2D Mario that feels different. Doesn't have to be super innovative or anything, just feel different, like how 3D world was notably different from 3D Land despite being based around the same gameplay concept.
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig. This sig loves you.