Author Topic: OFFICIAL MARIO AWARDS XII CEREMONY  (Read 3176 times)

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL MARIO AWARDS XII CEREMONY
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2018, 07:45:31 PM »
Spoiler: Answers (click to show/hide)

what do i win

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation."
 --G. C. Lichtenberg

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2018, 07:46:43 PM »
Spoiler: Answers (click to show/hide)

what do i win

status report: Regret

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2018, 07:46:48 PM »
Posting on behalf of Chibiki Daisy :daisy:

Chibiki here. This year, Favorite Item got a little creative boost from yours truly. Actual sweat has gone into making this presentation, and I think it turned out pretty well. Enjoy a bit of crafting on my part:

Spoiler: #3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: #2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: #1 (click to show/hide)

I'm willing to bet no one here's seen someone use perler beads in their presentation before today. But today, that has ended. And I hope you've enjoyed it.

results table design (c) pidgey 2015, probably

Fawfulthegreat64 is up next with M17 - Favorite Mario RPG!

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2018, 07:47:07 PM »
Did chat die for anyone else?

Gamefreak75

• Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • "The hated boss who beats you down..."
    • View Profile
    • Kirby Wikia
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2018, 07:47:15 PM »

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2018, 07:48:42 PM »
Only if you purchase the Bad Ending DLC pack.

"To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation."
 --G. C. Lichtenberg

Baby Luigi

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – Патриотическая
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2018, 07:48:46 PM »
Fantabulous job on the pixel bead art, Chibiki Daisy!!!
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Lord Fawful DX

• Star Spirit
  • Fawfulthegreat64
    • View Profile
    • Mario RPG Universe
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2018, 07:49:59 PM »

MrConcreteDonkey is up next with M19 - Favorite Actor!

Azusa Miura

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Turboo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2018, 07:51:33 PM »

Yeah it's been messing up for a few people; server issues I'm guessing

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2018, 07:52:26 PM »
I like how I take up two chairs.

Yeah it's been messing up for a few people; server issues I'm guessing
Ah, dang.

Baby Luigi

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – Патриотическая
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2018, 07:53:14 PM »
*Me hiding explosives inside Wario to get everyone out*'

You know, that's exactly on-spot for what i'd do.

Also, Lol I laughed at when I asked "Partners in Time?" for best Mario game

It's like a parody of me and I love it.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Azusa Miura

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Turboo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2018, 07:54:50 PM »
chat should be fine on rejoins, I think it might just be temporary dc's that a few people were getting

Noisemaster

• It's ya boy ERNEST CLINE comin' up on you DEAD from READY PLAYER ONE!
  • Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2018, 07:55:07 PM »
M19: Favourite Actor

Welcome to M19: Favourite Actor! This is a very special presentation as I've just been sent a few EXCLUSIVE!! preview photos from Everybody Loves Mario, the new Mario sitcom that's in development! After seeing these pictures I'm in no doubt that this series will be able to carve out its own unique nook in television history. Here, take a look:

Grant Kirkhope as Donkey Kong (#10)

Due to popular demand, Kirkhope will be reprising his role as Donkey Kong, dropping in on the Mario brothers from time to time and causing trouble!

Mercedes Rose as Rosalina (#7)

Rose's Rosalina is a mysterious figure, apparently hailing from the cosmos. She gives off a relaxing, motherly aura whenever she pops up on the show.

Kate Higgins as Pauline (#7)

Higgins is a relative newcomer to the series. Pauline is the mayor of New Donk City, where the brothers relocate to after fleeing Brooklyn, and an important ally to the two.

Danny Wells as Luigi (#7)

Wells portrays everyone's favourite green-clad plumber, Luigi! Trying to put what happened in Brooklyn behind them, the two re-establish their plumbing agency in New Donk City and set their hearts on getting back to work!

Deanna Mustard as Princess Daisy (#6)

The princess of Sarasaland, Mustard's Daisy falls for Luigi soon after meeting him. The show often goes into great detail establishing her personality and appearance.

Samantha Kelly as Princess Peach (#4)

Kelly plays Princess Peach of the Mushroom Kingdom, an old friend of Mario and Luigi's and a love interest to the former. She follows them from Brooklyn, seeking to help them start anew.

Kenny James as Bowser (#4)

Bowser, played by James, is the villain of the show - and what a villain he is! After learning of the brothers' actions in Brooklyn, the ruthless Bowser will stop at nothing to torment them. They've always managed to foil his schemes before, but there's no telling how far he'll go this time around! Will he finally outwit the brothers, and expose their dark secrets?

Kazumi Totaka as Yoshi (#3)

Totaka plays Yoshi, a plucky friend of the Mario brothers who's lived with them since Brooklyn. He's endlessly loyal to his friends! He's not sure if that's a good thing.

Lou Albano as Mario (#2)

Mario easily settles into New Donk City, much quicker to leave Brookyln behind than his brother. Deep down, however, he does feel for the life he left behind, and keeps his regrets and guilt bottled up deep down. Will Brooklyn be back for revenge? Not if Mario has any say in the matter. Enough blood has been shed.

And finally, the star of the show...

Thanks for reading, and look out for Everyone Loves Mario in the fall!

GBAToad & Lord Bowser are up next with M27 - Favorite Boss Battle!

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2018, 07:58:00 PM »
Oh my god MCD I love that.

Smasher

• Also known as me
  • Global Moderator
  • Mushroom Princess
  • Rest in peace, Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • Smasher Land
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2018, 07:58:19 PM »
remember this gif

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2018, 07:58:50 PM »
there are some images where you instantly know they will be an iconic part of that year's ceremony

this is one of them

Grima

• Tactician of Ylisse
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2018, 08:00:06 PM »
(posting on behalf of LB)

So, it seems the fair Princess Peach has invited us to her castle for a spot of cake! We shouldn't keep her waiting; let's go!

There it is, on the horizon! Ah, what a beauty it is!

I've always loved visiting the castle. Such a calm and peaceful locale! Truly a spectacle to witness! But let's not waste too much time marveling; let's head inside and greet the lovely princess!

Hmm... Looking in the foyer, she doesn't seem to be here. Perhaps she's in another room?

She's not in this room, though I do notice the Bob-omb Battlefield painting is gone, and its replacement... well, I've, uh, certainly seen better works of art before.

Perhaps she's in the other room?

Hmm... She doesn't seem to be in here either, but the Jolly Roger Bay painting is replaced as well. I don't mean to offend, but the princess's new taste in art... could use a bit of work, frankly.

Maybe she's taking a stroll out in the courtyard? Let's go check it out.

Glad the Boo infestation in the hallway was dealt with! I've heard they're quite nasty around these parts, spitting ghastly fireballs at you; boy, that would've been dreadful! But I digress; let's head outside.

No? Not out here either? Where could she be then?! This feels like a wild goose chase at this point, but I hope she's okay at least and not kidnapped yet again.

There aren't many other places where she could be, so let's head upstairs.

Drat, not up here. Agh... Is she at the very top? More stairs to climb...

Climbing... *huff* up this tower... *huff* is always such a workout... *huff* but she's gotta be up here... *huff*

Ah, finally, we made it. She... isn't here either, though. Did she dupe us?

That's remarkably unlike her! First, the change in tastes, now the change in personality! Is she going through a mid-life crisis already...?

Again with the bad art! Jeez, princess, get a grip on yourself!

Wait a minute... There's a letter here. What does it say?

Well.

That explains a lot.

You're certainly no artistic connoisseur, Bowser, but I must agree that your battles are quite the event! But... wherever could the princess have gone if she's not in Bowser's clutches...?

Wherever she is, Bowser doesn't seem to mind guests, and has at least kept the rest of the castle preserved. This means there's a rare opportunity to check out the castle for yourself! Feel free to browse the castle in the New Princeton Minecraft server, located at (x-1343, z-143)!

Thank you all and have a peachy day!

rollerC is up next with M22 - Favorite Battle Course!

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2018, 08:05:02 PM »
Posting on behalf of rollerC

Snack is up next with M7 - Favorite Yoshi Level!

Chihaya Kisaragi

• King Bowser
  • Snack
  • Bluebird; Even If Happiness Is Close By...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2018, 08:10:03 PM »
"Ready in three... two... one...", the assistant said as Anton straightened his very professional, but out of place looking with his usual wizard or whatever it is outfit, tie and grabbed his microphone. "You're on."

"I'm Anton Magikoopa, and you're watching 'Behind the Presentations' on Shroom TV!", he said cheerily. "Today on its fifth anniversary we're taking a look back at 2013's A7, Favorite Yoshi Game, and while we're at it, returning to Yoshi's Island with Turb to present your favorite Yoshi levels for 2018! From--", he paused. "Hey, where IS Turb? He was supposed to be here. This is outrageous!".

"He said he needed to make his own presentation", the assistant said from the control box. "Uh, we're still rolling by the way."

"...I know, I'll just grab Turb out of some other part of the timeline!", Anton said, disappearing with a poof of colored, chex mix-shaped magikoopa magic and returning a few seconds later dragging a disoriented looking Turb. "Where am? When am I? Whenhowtally", he said as Anton stuck a microphone in his face. "Hi, Turb! You're on 'Behind the Presentations' on Shroom TV! Today we're looking at 2013's A7 as well as presenting M7, Favorite Yoshi Level!". Turb looked mad and angry. "Huh?! I don't want to do another presentation, I already did one! Who gave you the RIGHT?!".

Yes, I know I didn't actually draw the tie.

Anton whipped a stack of papers out of his pocket. "Even if I had these blackmail photos of the illegal gambling establishment in your garage? Huh?".

"Is it illegal to own a slot machine?".

"Uh... Maybe? It could be. Anyway Turb, want to tell us a little about your involvement in A7?". Turb sighed. "Well, the year before that, Snack made some presentations where I was really angry and Perch was my sidekick, and then that year he made another presentation that was basically the same thing... Wait, where are we?". While he was talking Anton had teleported both of them to the lush landscape of Yoshi's Island, a river valley unfolding below the mountains in front of them. "And here we are, viewers, at the location where the exciting climax of A7 was filmed, when the Yoshis rampage around the valley because they'd been eating the peppers from Uniju's hot pepper patch! Can you tell us anything about how that scene was made?".

"Oh yeah, I remember that!", Turb said. "The pepper patch was actually real, but they weren't hot peppers. The production crew planted a patch of bell peppers and the Yoshis just acted; we had about two or three hundred Yoshi extras for the scene... Oh, see the hut they built is still there too", he pointed it out, looking a bit run down next to the overgrown pepper patch. "Oh, that's nice!", Anton said. "On to our next location!". In a swirl of colors they teleported again, finding themselves surrounded by fabric and blistering heat. "This one wasn't in the movie, but it is your choice for third favorite Yoshi level; with 83 votes, it's Bunson the Hot Dog's Castle from Yoshi's Woolly World! Doesn't it look so comfy?". Turb climbed down from the safety of the felt platform on to the very comfy looking wool lava and screamed. "Ow! Aaarrgghh, what the hell?! Ooowwww!". He climbed back up, his Duplighost bedsheet a little singed and smoking, and caught up with Anton as he walked through the level. "--and up here's the location of the fourth ball of yarn!".

"Anton, are you spoiling the level for people?".

"Yeah, but what right do you have to complain about people spoiling things? Hey, what happened to you?".

Looks like he's in a pretty crispy situation.

"I don't want to talk about that", Turb replied, frowning. He was cheered up when he saw an adorable, if slightly mean-looking, red yarn dog and reached out to pet it, burning his hand and screaming again. "Aaaagh! What is wrong with this place?! How is the wool this hot when it's just wool?! Can we go somewhere else now?".

"Alright, fine", Anton said. "Anyway, next we need to talk to Snack about writing the script for the presentation. That's right after these great messages from our sponsors!".

I don't understand, what part of this ad looks stolen to you? What do you mean "All of it"?

"And we're back!", Anton announced, standing outside of a house. "Right now we're interviewing Snack about writing 2013's A7 Favorite Yoshi Game presentation on 'Behind the Presentations' on Shroom TV! Let's go knock on his door."

The door swung open and Snack stepped out. "Hey, you wanted to talk about Yoshi levels right? Come in". Anton and Turb walked inside and sat down in the living room. "Wait, how did you know this was about Yoshi levels? I never said we were coming over."

"Yeah you did. Oh, in the future. The future for you but it's actually the past for me". Anton sighed. "Ok, can we not time travel for the presentations next year? This is getting confusing."

"I can't promise that unless I time travel to the future and make sure we don't. Anyway I haven't actually played much Yoshi so--".

"Oh, yeah, I wanted to ask you about A7 in 2013."

"--Oh, ok. Uh... I wrote it. I didn't put much effort in to it I don't think. I don't remember what gave me any of the ideas. Except that bit at the end after Turb got eaten was from a Weird Al Yankovic song. You know, we actually made a giant mechanical Yoshi for that, that had a Toad sitting in the bottom to control it and then it had a platform for Turb to sit on before he got 'spit out' by the Yoshi. It had a whole head but actually the side of its body that you can't see on film was mostly exposed metal skeleton."

"Oh, that's pretty interesting! The Yoshi in that scene came out pretty lifelike", Anton said. "Anything else you can say?".

"Well, a fun fact is, the Toad who sat and controlled the Yoshi was actually GBAToad. He'd just joined and so he got the job of operating it."

"Wow, really? That's interesting too!".

"Nah, that was a lie."

Usoyade.

Anton and Turb walked out the front door. "Well, after that, I think it's time we visit another Yoshi level!", he announced to the cameras before teleporting away. They found themselves once again in some sort of building, or possibly underground. "Here we are, it's your choice for second favorite Yoshi level! Just edging out Bunson's castle with 84 votes is another Yoshi's Woolly World level; this time it's Feel Fuzzy, Get Clingy!". Turb looked around. "This doesn't seem like the kind of place you'd see Fuzzies. They're usually in jungles or forests righ--", he didn't notice until he was dumped over the edge and into a bottomless pit that his feet were stuck to a velcro conveyor belt. Anton sighed, teleporting him back up.

"ANTON! This is all your fault, I didn't even want to do this presentation with you! I have better things to d--", while screaming at Anton he almost went over again but managed to get off the velcro and on to safe ground. Anton shrugged. "It's not that dangerous! It's just a nice, relaxing Yoshi game. Wow, look at all that yarn!". They painstakingly made their way through the level, dealing with the sticky velcro and the bug-eyed, crazed-looking Burrberts before finally reaching the surface. "Aurora borealis?!", Turb exclaimed, catching a glimpse of the shimmering colors in the sky as they climbed out of the pit they'd reached to safety.

LOOK AT THAT THING HE'S POINTING AT

"Now, we have one more person to interview! Really there should be two, but Waluigi declined to comment for this story as his lawyers advised him not to speak to the press during ongoing litigation over not being allowed in Super Smash Brothers, so--", him and Turb went down a warp pipe to wind up back in the studio, "--we have Perch, one of our talented forum moderators, in the studio today to talk about his role in A7! Give him a round of applause!".

The pre-recorded applause track played as the camera zoomed in on Perch, in a comfy leather armchair on the stage even though being a blocky Boo he really wasn't sitting in the chair but more floating just above the cushion. "Hey, Anton! It's good to be back on the show getting interviewed instead of interviewing other people."

"Yeah, it's good to see you again", Anton said as Perch took a sip of obligatory talk show coffee. "So, you appeared in A7 as Turb's sidekick. What was that like?". Perch set down his coffee mug. "Well, the filming itself went pretty smoothly, but we did have some issues filming on Yoshi's Island out in the jungle. The rain made the campsite where we had our trailers a total mess. And, you know, my relationship with Turb at that time was running into trouble because we had such different fe--".

"Ooook, thanks for being here and talking to us today Perch!", Anton stood up. "Yeah, always great being on show", Perch said, floating away. "Can't talk about that on national TV. Anyway!  It's finally time for your favorite Yoshi level for 2018!". Anton teleported himself and Turb once more, ending up in a lush jungle. "Yes, you may have guessed it; your favorite Yoshi level, with 295 votes, is Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island! So, let's take a look arou--", a fuzzy drifting by grazed Anton. "--dn oooohhh wooww, Im' dizzy."

What a magcical journey

Turb sighed. "I'm just going to leave you here for making me do these presentations you know". He started walking to the end of the stage with Anton trying to follow him. "Nah its' cool Im' okay here", he said as a member of the camera crew helped him, until he managed to sober up as they reached the end of the level. "...And there you have it!", he said as they teleported back to the studio. "Your favorite Yoshi levels for 2018 and our inside look at how a classic presentation! That's it for 'Behind the Presentations'; next up is NSY with A2, Favorite Mario Kart Game! ...Just kidding!".

Art credits;
Backgrounds: Scott Nazelrod, the Mario Wiki, West L.A. Production, Alamy Stock Photo, NintenU, Kach Again
Sprite rips: Retriever II, Bacon, Kach Again
Sprite editing: Snack, Toadbert, Uniju

GBAToad is up next with M10 - Favorite Song!

Grima

• Tactician of Ylisse
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2018, 08:16:15 PM »
Why, oh why, did I sign up for Favourite Song? I am part GBA, and part Toad. Neither of those things are good at music by themselves, and I suck at it completely!

With three weeks to finish my presentation, an idea so amazing, so bizarre, should pop into my head any second now.

Nope.
Nothing.
Nothing I can draw within the space of 6 hours at least. maybe next year...

...why do people even enjoy these songs? There must be something within them I can examine to determine their appeal.

On that night three weeks ago, Turb stuffed a suspicious package with various forms of media containing the top three favourite songs into my mailbox. He whispered "don't forget your assignment" before cocking his gun and hopping back into the Awards Van, driving off into the night. Why did I sign up for this? These MIDI files, CDs, choir books, extended .ogg files of wiki-illegal length are all useless to me. Where are the thin-sections, or hand samples... something I can manipulate...

Yes, records! The critically acclaimed Ashley's Song was renowned for its hidden mantra that granted all children to the depths of hell, I mean, there were probably religious protests somewhere in the world about it. Maybe. These other songs might also have subliminal messages in them that make people want to vote for them! It is the only explanation.

Time to bust out the turntable and the turntable lubricant because I'm about to spin the hottest records on the glock. At least I think that's what Turb's gun was.

Jumping right into it, I can see this record is well loved by someone. There's so much wear-and-tear, and... oh, is that a blood stain on the back? I can see this record was well loved by someone. Time to pop it onto the Turntable and see if there's any hidden messages.

So they're f....If y....we ...s the leader of th...k some tail....ron...rewDonke...dudes She...o....u'lln handstust agat Kreml rocks, melons

"So if we lead some New Donk dudes, she'll hand us a Krem rockmelon..."

This can't be it. There's no way people are subconsciously agreeing to a Planet of the Apes style uprising of New Donk City, spearheaded by the Mayor herself in exchange for low-grade Kremling fruits. I must've spun the record too fast. Let's check out the next track.

Ah, Break Free (Lead The Way). An upbeat jam that backgrounds the intense and heart-filled final moments of Super Mario Odyssey. It's about love, so I hope it's forbidden message is just as nice and wholesome. Time to spin that record!

Smash th...e wall a...p on th...n three d...tAnd w.....e firew...r the g...egonn....e then w.....You'...k in y.... shin...body...s i....e in a wall...

"Smash the wall on three and fire the gun then you can hide bodies in the wall"

Oh god.

I scratched the record reflexively, fearing I was uncovering secrets I was not supposed to hear. I knew having the records delivered to me in a manilla folder by a bedsheet ghost wielding a glock could only mean bad things. These awards assignments get more intense as the years go by, but I have to finish what I started. There must be a reason behind these songs' popularity.

Trembling in fear, I turn over the last record case, and my heart jumps.

I thought two-two-five-seven's new single wasn't even public yet, how the *bleep* did this get in here? I take the record out of its case, and pop it on the turntable, expecting to hear the unique opening xylophone melody of Lantern of My Sins, when suddenly...

OH THANK GOD
*ahem*
Well I guess I should spin the wheel, take a chance, and check Mayor Pauline's single for any references to rockmelons or bodies, or perhaps the reason why it was chosen to be No. 1 in this award!

Ah, I think I found the hidden message I was supposed to be looking for. Between verses 3 and 4!

The Pyro Guy is up next with M26 - Favorite 3D Mario Level!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 08:17:12 PM by Anton »