Author Topic: OFFICIAL MARIO AWARDS XII CEREMONY  (Read 4250 times)

Roserade

• President of the Literature Club
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • King Bowser
  • "Write your way into his heart..."
    • View Profile
    • Rose Garden Forums
Re: OFFICIAL MARIO AWARDS XII CEREMONY
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2018, 06:41:55 PM »
Hey BBQ have I mentioned that I love your art because I do

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2018, 06:44:02 PM »
Great presentation, BBQ, Jennifer looks pretty good!

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2018, 06:45:11 PM »
Great presentations and art by Edo and BBQ Turtle. Also blindfolded Super Mario Bros., now we've seen it all.

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2018, 06:45:38 PM »
M13 - Favorite Level Theme
With Super Mario Odyssey highlighting photos as a part of its aesthetics (both in-game, and in the box-art), and level themes being a series staple, it leaves the question with what the best type of level is. There are the standard grassland, desert, water, ice, etc. levels, but I do think that there have been some other creative ones that deserve a light of shine. In order to do this justice, I have decided to try to play the role of Mario, and by that, I mean to travel around and try to see different real-life themes matching the results.

There are so many level themes reused throughout games, but it turns out I didn't actually have to travel anywhere too exotic. I mean there's no way I'm gonna go to space, or a volcano, but there is one thing I can use to segway into the showing. New Donk City was a highly anticipated feature of Super Mario Odyssey, and I didn't have any doubts that it delivered for some of those fans. So I headed out into the city on an adventure on my own. I went out to take pictures of a real-life counterpart to shill the idea to Nintendo to reuse it in a creative fashion and push for them to use my hometown.
Please take a look at my photo gallery.

Spoiler: PIC 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PIC 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PIC 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PIC 4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PIC 5 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PIC 6 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PIC 7 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PIC 8 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PIC 9 (click to show/hide)

I ended my adventure by going home late at night after the music show. What I learned is that traveling around the city can be fun, and it is no different in Mario games. New Donk City was fun, and I hope they expand upon the concept of a city theme further. You guys liked it too because you voted for the city/town theme as your favorite level theme! I'm sure there have been more cities in Mario games than just New Donk City, but I'm having a hard time thinking of it.  Thanks for reading!

results table design (c) pidgey 2015, probably

Turboo is up next with M15 - Hardest Boss!

Turboo

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2018, 06:50:12 PM »
So you're probably wondering how I got here. To understand, we need to go back. Back... to a few hours ago.

: Oh my god, F4 is terrible.

: Well, at least it's in. Plus it's the only one I signed up for this year.

: Time to kick back and sleep until PMs get sent out.

*BZZT*

: I know it's late for most of you, but M15 Hardest Boss just got dropped.

: If anyone wants to be a champ and take it that would be gr8

: I'll take it

: should be able to pull that off

: :pgp:

: I shouldn't have impulsed this.

: I need people to help me with this but

: Who would be up at this hour on a weekday??

: 22, it's Turb; I need help with this last-minute presentation and TFP isn't picking up. You're like, my last hope.

*BEEP*

: Oh.

: I'm almost out of ideas... but maybe... if I tried THAT again...

: Uh, hey, good morning Jav!

: Who is this and why do you have my number?

: It's me! Uh, Turb, I mean! It's me, Turb. Look, don't worry about why I'm calling you, I just need you to help me with something.

: ...

: You've been really quiet for, like, 5 seconds now. Are you angry? It's because it's 3 in the morning, isn't it?

: Okay, sure, Turb. I'll humor you. Define "something" and explain why I should feel motivated to do it.

: So let's say I was going to hunt some undead, and I needed your assistance to kill them because I know you're really great and bloodthirsty and you want all of us to die. What would you do, Javs? Would you take me up on that?

: You realize that the last time you asked me to kill undead was when you wanted me to get your cousin to stop freeloading at your house.

: Okay but that was like, one time, years ago. I don't even know how you remembered it. Anyway, it's for the awards this time, and that's important work as much as you want to say it isn't.

: If you said that from the beginning you could have wasted a lot less time all around, I would've hung up by now.

: Listen, you can just sit around and pose for photos where you look helpless. There's, like, 3 girls in the top 5. You're into that sort of thing right?

: oh my GOD

: You're even more of an idiot than I thought you were.

: I'm changing my number after this. I don't know who gave it to you but I'm going to find out.

: Wait no it was a joke I looked you up in the phone bo--

: Well then I guess I'll just have to call up everyone else anyway!

Day X, Month O

I have been on this accursed boat for about a week now, trying to make it to Seaside Town. Why? I don't know, because the danged thing we're going after is in Monstro Town. Is this literally the closest port in the entire place?? Snack won't give me a straight answer, he just insists on the value of the journey and how teleportation is cheating. I swear to god I'm going to throw myself off deck soon.

I didn't even get to put my hat on before we left.

: Are we there yet??

: Turb, calm down.

: I can't work under these conditions!

: You're not director anymore, of course the angry Turb joke doesn't work!

: Wait.

: Do you hear that?

: Hear what?

: It's from right above us--

: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

: I'm turning the boat around.

: PLEASE

: Well, we're here. I called you out because you're the closest thing to a professional I'm getting.

: I field studied this thing to draw it. It'll be good, don't worry. Brought a sledge, too.

: And I've set up the bait.

: I don't know if this is going to work.

: It worked in the diner.

: That just means it's more likely to kill us!

: Well, I dunno. May as well--

: Do you have any idea how to fight this thing?

: No. I brought some axes though.

: Did you bring anything else?? Anything that can actually hit it?

: Yeah I guess

: You guess?????? I should have just brought Edo or TB, oh my god, we're literally going to die

: Well

: Turb update fn

: I'm gonna go get some muddy buddies and ice cream now that that's over, bye.

: See you.

: Okay, maybe this one won't be dead by the time I get there.

: This is first place. It should be a reasonably tough fight, especially if he got here without me.

: You know, the bucket-and-jar combo works on them every time.

: Never mind.

: But... why?

: Why were they all so easy?

: These were supposed to be the hardest bosses but they all went down in one hit. It doesn't make any sense. There's no way EVERYONE is this good at combat.

: I feel sort of hurt right now.

: Oh my god...

: What if... what if it was sabotage?

: But the only person who would do that is--

???: So you figured it out, huh?

: Darn. It was just starting to get funny, too.

: No, I can't believe it and I WON'T believe it!

: The real Jav would just tell me to stop bothering him and mute me! There's no way he'd go to all of this trouble!

: It's too late, Turb.

: I've already set my plan in motion...

: Clearly it's gone off without a hitch.

: No one will be able to take this presentation seriously, and the awards' credibility will decrease more and more. Everyone here will finally stop wasting their goddang time on this when they could just be hosting yearly tournaments.

: Finally...

: I won't have to hear about them from you ever again!

: Y-you guys?! How did the rest of you get here?

: I dont know but we need to deop the guy who's abusing tp commands ertrsdfdsf=ds+fh

: I was driving to work actually

: update ow turb

: it's extra screentime :bowser:

: I've been holding this pose for about 5 minutes now.

: Well, Jav...

: Shall we dance?

...?

: I know it's late for most of you, but M15 Hardest Boss just got dropped.

: If anyone wants to be a champ and take it that would be gr8

:

: Are you *bleep*ing serious??

: Hey J--

: Nah.

Chibiki Daisy is up next with M21 - Favorite Puzzle Game!

Dami

• Lee Yoobin
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • Chibiki Daisy
  • Wake up my dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2018, 06:55:09 PM »
Hello all! It's the crazy idol lady Chibiki here with Favorite Puzzle Game. If you were here in '15 or '16, you know where this is going.

Fun fact, originally I wasn't going to sign up for this presentation but I guilted myself into it (and one other). And because I lack originality, this is the route we're going with here (plus these puzzles are pretty easy to make, not gonna lie).

Knock yourself out in Jigsaw Hell, people. And I will be thinking of something that isn't this if you need me.

Enjoy!

Gabumon is up next with M18 - Favorite Mario Party Game!

Arataka Reigen

• The Greatest Psychic of the 21st Century
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • 100% Legit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2018, 07:00:01 PM »
M18 - Favorite Mario Party Game
By Mr. Edo

RRRRRRRING! RRRRRRRING! RRRRRRRING! CLAC!

Heyyy! Wario! What is up, my favorite lardmaster?

Wha...? Mario, is that you? God, argh, it's 4 o' clock in the morning you barf stain!! What are you waking me up for!?!

Mmmmhnothing?

... Screw you, Mario!

SLAM!!!

RRRRRRRING! RRRRRRRING! CLAC!

WHAT!?!?

Hey Wario, actually I'm calling because I'm thinking of throwing another one of my world-famous parties soon! Can I count you in?

No Mario, your parties suck.

Wha--? When do my parties ever suck???

Like, pretty much always.

I'm sure you can't even name one party I threw that wasn't a huge mega success!

You wanna bet?

Sure! I'll bet all the money I have in my pants pockets right now!

You're on! I'll match that bet!

So then. Let's talk parties!

Mario Party 3

You remember the third party you threw?

Was that the one where we raided Luigi's closet and dressed up in his silly costumes?

No, that was the second one. I'm talking about the one after.

Ooooh! That was the one right after you took up chicken farming for some bizarre reason.

Shut up! It's a very calming and therapeutic hobby!

Anyway, that party didn't suck. It was entertaining and everyone loved it!

Only because of the pizza though!

Doesn't matter, still a success!

That dice head guy was freaky!

You'll have to do better than that, man!

Grrrr....

Mario Party DS

What about your DSth party?

My what?

The party that technically came between your 8th and 9th, but we decided not to give it a number. Probably because it was so BAD!

Yeah, more like it was De *bleep*!

*bleep* is one way to describe it, yes. It was the one where these weird guys showed up and started causing trouble.

Good times.

What good times exactly!?! I got a fractured skull!

Oh hush, you get a fractured skull all the time!

Yeah! On my own terms! This is different!

You're just being a big skull-fractured baby! That party was fine, even if I barely remember any of it and I woke up with a coat hanger wedged in my rear.

Mario Party 8

Well, your eighth party was DEFINITELY a flop!

Was that the one where everyone was doing these strange hand motions with the soda cans?

Yes, I guess that happened. It was also the one where you ran out of ideas and hired the guy with the candy.

~The next morning~

Yeah, I guess in retrospect losing all those teeth wasn't so hot.

Correct!

I remember having to bribe the tooth fairy to get all of that sorted out again. And then I had to beat up the tooth fairy to get the bribe money back, because I've been low on cash ever since those guys looted our place.

The point is, Mario, that you suck at throwing parties! Please, for the love of all that is shiny and jingles if you put it in a cloth sack: Stop! Throwing them!

Hmmm... Naaaah! I kind of wanna keep trying!

Why??? Why on earth do you want to do that???

Well you see, even if my parties are bad and people get hurt and screwed over all the time, there's just something... kinda nice about having a bad time while with friends. It makes everything else seem fair and pleasant by comparison. Maybe that's the point of my parties?

That makes no sense, Mario!

There has to be a way to make this more fun for everyone... Maybe if we all just got super blackout hammered...

If all of us get smashed, then how are we going to drive home?

We'll have Luigi take us. His squeeze recently bought him a new car. It's real big, so we'll probably all fit inside at once.

Ugh.

In fact, instead of a party, why don't we just have a big road trip next time?

That idea is so abysmally stupid that if you pitched it to a company, they would probably immediately go bankrupt and be replaced by a different company just as stupid as that idea, and said stupid company would proceed to confuse your idiocy for brilliance.

I know, I think it's pretty neat too.

Anyway, I established that your parties are awful, so now pay up! All the cash in your pants!

The joke is on you, Wario. I'm not wearing pants.

WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO ME WHILE NOT WEARING PANTS YOU WEIRDO!?!

...I have to go.

Doot, doot, doot, doot, doot...

Somehow I feel like I've lost...

Chibiki Daisy is up next with M8 - Favorite Art Style!

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2018, 07:02:07 PM »
invite me to one of mario's parties

i'm sure it'll end well

(also the puzzle was fuuun)

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2018, 07:04:56 PM »
We hosted a Mario Party ourselves once.

It sucked.

Dami

• Lee Yoobin
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • Chibiki Daisy
  • Wake up my dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2018, 07:05:15 PM »
Hello everyone, it's your local neighborhood shut-in Chibiki here with Favorite Art Style! We'll be going in-depth of the top 3 art styles used throughout the Mario series. I'd do more but a. I'm not sure how long this will be with just the top 3 (seriously I write a lot sometimes), and b. there have been so many different art styles used to illustrate and promote the Mario series that it gets hard to pick out unique things about each one, so the top 3 will do nicely for this. So without further ado, let's go!

Spoiler: 3rd place (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 2nd place (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 1st place (click to show/hide)

Meta Knight & MsRetroGeek are up next with M20 - Favorite Sports Game!

Amy Rose

• "Have no fear, Amy Rose is here!"
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Blooper
  • MsRetroGeek
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2018, 07:10:17 PM »
M20- Favorite Sports Game

GEEKY: Golf. Soccer. Baseball. Tennis. Long ago, the four sports competed together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Soccer League attacked. Only the Sports Superstar, master of all four sports, could stop them, but when the Mariowiki Awards needed him/her most, they vanished. A hundred sports games passed, and my boyfriend and I discovered the new Best Sports Game, a Mario Sports game with a name that we won't reveal yet because we don't want to give it away. Although their sports skills are great, there is much to be practiced before they're ready to win the sports matches. But I believe they will save the Awards.

META: See, I would never have been able to parody that. I've never even watched Avatar: The Last Airbender. I have seen M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender, which is undoubtedly the greatest film ever mad–

GEEKY: …Oh god, please don't talk about that piece of trash. Anyways! Let’s go find out what the best Mario Sports game is.

META: Well we've been given this here results page, but we gotta draw this out so that we can build the suspense. Why don't we go on a random fetch quest for different MacGuffins while trying out the various sports along the way to see what works best?

GEEKY: I have seriously never heard you say the word MacGuffins before this moment. What even is a MacGuffin is that like some McDonald’s menu item that’s part penguin or something…..

META: Let’s just get going we can talk about this on the way!

And so, they headed out on an adventure to get the four Sports Stones, items of power scattered throughout the land. Whoever wields all four will be the master of all sports... or so that's what the story says... to start off, they headed for the Golf League.

GEEKY: How are we going to find the stone?

META: By challenging the locals to a children's card game.

GEEKY: Hun, I think you have the wrong series...

PETEY PIRANHA: WHO DARES SET FOOT ON MY TERRITORY?

META: The name's Meta. And we're your worst Knight-mare.

GEEKY: Not as terrifying as that pun.

PETEY PIRANHA: BLARGH! Enough of this, I shall stomp on you all!

GEEKY: Now just wait a minute, I'm sure we can work something out. How about a nice game of golf? We can all be friends. It'll be just like Golf with Friends!

META: You also don't have a way to refuse because the script says you must.

PETEY PIRANHA: GARGLEBLARGH! FINE!

META: And please try to not throw up all over the place.

The three played a game of golf. As for what occurred during the game, it was pretty irrelevant to the course of this presentation.

META:Give us the stone now please.

PETEY PIRANHA: *Pukes out the stone onto the golf course*.

GEEKY: Ewwwww! Why was the stone in there?

META: Why is it just a golf ball? Why couldn't we have just gotten any golf ball?

PETEY PIRANHA: BLARGH! SO LONG LOSERS!

Meta Knight and Geeky stare at the Golf Stone, which is just a golf ball, completely covered in puke.

GEEKY: Sweetie, can you grab it please? It's not lady-like for me to have to deal with that.

META: Fiiiiine.

With the first stone in hand, the two ventured out to the next land, the Soccer League.

GEEKY: Well we’re finally here in Soccer League! Which is just a flat field full of green grass

META: Yeah… I was kind of expecting a giant soccer ball to be here.

GEEKY: Yeah I was t- META watch out!

META: W-

Meta almost gets kicked before, but Geeky manages to tackle him down.

GOOPER BLOOPER: Who dares come onto my land uninvited! Bloop Bloop!

GEEKY: OI! Back off my man! He’s not a ball, you giant calamari!

GOOPER BLOOPER: Giant Calamari?? HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT ME! I AM THE GUARDIAN OF THE SOCCER STONE AND I WILL NOT BE MADE A FOOL OF!

GEEKY: Whaaaa let go of me!!!!! Get your slimy tentacles off me!! How dare you treat a lady like this!!! HUN HELLPPPP!!!!!

META: Hey let go of her!

GOOPER BLOOPER: IF YOU WANT HER BACK YOU’RE GOING TO HAVE TO PLAY A SOCCER GAME WITH ME!

GEEKY: H-Hey! Let me go!!!!

META: Alright I’ll play your game but after that I want her back and the stone.

GOOPER BLOOPER: BLOOP BLOOP, I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!

So, then the two go ahead and play a typical game of soccer where Gooper Blooper acts as the goalie while Meta Knight tries to hit in as many balls as he can into the broad goal.

The victory went to Meta Knight after using a supercharged Striker shot!

META: Give her back now!

GOOPER BLOOPER: Bloop! Poor choice of words!

Gooper Blooper throws Geeky in the air.

GEEKY: AHHHHH!

Meta swoops in and catches her.

META: You okay?

GEEKY: I am now, thanks to you. I also managed to grab the stone!

Geeky uncovers a soccer ball-shaped stone covered in black ink.

META: Why is it all covered in ink. Are all these just going to be a mess?

GEEKY: I’m really hoping not, but we just got our second stone! Onto the next one!!

With the second stone in hand, they set out to the Baseball League. This area is treacherous, with chaos happening. Gangs are beating people with baseball bats, and King Boo was the ruler of this land.

META: Well we made it here, we've gotta be careful though.

GEEKY: Oh my gosh why is this the land we have to be in next! Sweetie, please hold me, I don’t feel safe here.

KING BOO: BAHAHAHAHA! I HAVE APPEARED TO AMBUSH YOU ALL! THE BASEBALL STONE WILL NEVER BE YOURS

GEEKY: Well we could always play a baseball game.

KING BOO: Forget about it! Instead I'll send you to your doom!

King Boo threw the ball with great speed, but Meta hit the ball out of the park, using Galaxia as a bat.

META: Wow, I can't believe this was the easiest one to beat.

GEEKY: Nice hit, Hun! Unfortunately, we didn’t get the stone yet.

KING BOO: FOOLS! I have an infinite supply of baseballs to peddle you with!

King Boo buries Meta Knight in a bunch of baseballs, leaving him trapped.

GEEKY: SWEETIE!!!!!!!!!!

Geeky dives in after Meta seeing a baseball about to slam towards her, she unleashes her Piko Piko hammer striking back automatically hitting King Boo. Then she dives in under all the balls pushing them all out of the way to create a pathway towards a buried Meta. Grabbing him, she swims towards the top of the pile continuing to hold him.

GEEKY: Sweetie Sweetie please wake up! Please wake up for me! I-I can’t do this without you…

Geeky tries to shake Meta as she worries over her boyfriend tearing up as his eyes remain grey. Placing her head on his chest, she cries for him as a fury of balls were about to attack her from behind. His eyes slowly redeemed their goldish yellow glow as the knight awoke.

META: Hun what’s going on…

Just as Geeky was about to hug onto her boyfriend, grateful that he was awake she saw him suddenly take out Galaxia, sending a slash straight towards the balls destroying them.

KING BOO: HOW DARE YOU DESTROY MY BALLS! JUST FOR THAT I’M THROWING THEM EVEN FASTER!

Just as even more balls came down on them they tried to flee before they could get hit by even more. Geeky and Meta had found this to be hopeless as they dodged their fourth wave of balls. Just as the fifth wave was beginning, they closed their eyes, concentrating as they suddenly found a red and a blue racket wielded within their hands.

GEEKY: Huh? Tennis rackets? Cool!

KING BOO: Noooo not a tennis racket! I'm horrible at tennis!

META: Then we’ll use this to our advantage!

The two parried shots right back at King Boo as they fought tooth and nail to defend themselves. With two combined fell swoops, Meta and Geeky hit a tennis ball straight through King Boo, causing him to become vanquished. The Baseball Stone fell out of his crown. Meta then claimed the ectoplasm covered stone and went back to Geeky, lifting his mask up to kiss her.

META: Thank you for waking me up, Sweetie

GEEKY: I should be thanking you for saving me from that hit.  Well, we have the third stone, but, that feels like it would have been the final battle.

When all the stones were all together, they twirled together in a circle rapidly.

GEEKY: Hun what’s happening??

META: I’m not too sure this wasn’t part of the script??

As the stones spun together they lifted into the sky, and the sky turned white as the scenery around them began to dissolve into white light.

GEEKY: Sweeetie!!!!

META: HUN HANG ON!

Meta dove in towards the falling Geeky wrapping her tightly in his arms as they started to fall together, then they suddenly stopped moving as a blackout figure came towards them.

???: Wahooo! You both saved the day by collecting the three stones it would take to wake me up. Let me transport you to the last destination.

GEEKY: Wait that voice…

META: Is it really?

Mario appears by them grabbing both of their wrists then flying them away as they land in a peaceful tennis courtyard with a crowd of the playable characters from Mario Aces on the sideline.

MARIO: Well it looks like you two had the power all along within you to beat all the bosses within the Sports Galaxy! Thanks to you two Aces the Sports Galaxy is restored, and this world is now open. Thank you for restoring peace and balance to this world!

GEEKY: Well... this kind of gives me an idea.

META: What idea would that be?

GEEKY: Want to play a round of Tennis?

META: Anything for you dear. …Just don’t confuse me for being the ball again.

GEEKY: Hey that was a one-time thing!

And so, with the quest at an end, it turns out that Mario Tennis Aces was the best sports game. By harnessing the skills of tennis, the Awards were saved, and this presentation has come to an end.

yoshiwaker is up next with M4 - Favorite Mario Kart Course!

Mayan Ryan

• jav told me this was a good idea
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshiwaker
  • why did i listen to jav
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2018, 07:14:59 PM »
Hey everybody! It's me, ya boy, back again with another presentation! And boy, am I glad this one isn't a Fail Award; I got myself pretty worked up over that last one, didn't I?

Anyways, since this is a Certified Yoshiwaker Presentation™, here are a few more dumb memes to get you guys in the mood:

Spoiler: more dumb memes (click to show/hide)

Now I've gotten that over with, it's time for the main event: Favorite Mario Kart Course!

As one of Nintendo's longest-running game series, the Mario Kart games are some that have done an excellent job at being consistently great, and always delivering that fun and exciting racing gameplay, without getting stale like some other long game series. Mario Kart is definitely a series that earned its place in all our hearts. And of course, what's a Mario Kart game without some great courses to race on?

So without further ado, here are the top 3 Favorite Mario kart Courses!

In third place, with 119 votes, is:
Spoiler: Third Place (click to show/hide)

In second place, with 185 votes, is:
Spoiler: Second Place (click to show/hide)

And finally, the number one track in Mario Kart history! Coming in first place with 246 votes... come on, you already know what it is!
Spoiler: First Place (click to show/hide)

And to finish off, I just want to list a couple Honorable Mentions. Both of these courses came within 10 votes of third place, so i think they deserve a mention.
Spoiler: Honorable Mentions (click to show/hide)

And that's all for now, folks! Stay tuned for our next show: DragonFreak's presentation of Favorite Wario Level!

DragonFreak is up next with M6 - Favorite Wario Level!

Doof

• I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
  • Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2018, 07:20:08 PM »
The Wario platformers have gone through some very unique and interesting changes throughout the years.  They're so unique from in style and mostly gameplay, which is not something you see very often in a franchise.  I thought it would be fun to make an "Evolution of Wario Levels" based on the nominees of this year.  Hope you enjoy!!

DragonFreak is up next with M29 - Favorite Classic Game (GCN/GBA and older)!

Doof

• I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
  • Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2018, 07:25:06 PM »
M29 - Favorite Classic Game (GCN/GBA and older)

I love the classics!  There’s nothing like playing a game from the past to see how franchises have been compared to today.  I won’t necessarily say that modern games are bad, but in general, I believe that classic games are overall better.  The memories I have with many of these games are irreplaceable, holding a special place in my heart.  Because of that, for this, I will be counting down each game to the favorite as chosen by the community, however, each entry I will be telling of my favorite moment in each of the games. Sadly, I haven’t experienced some of the games on this list which includes Number 17: Yoshi’s Story, Number 15: Mario Party 2, Tied for 13: Donkey Kong 64, Number 11: Mario Party 3, and Number 10: Mario Kart 64……Yeah the Nintendo 64 is probably my least played console for Nintendo.  But without further ado, let’s go!

Number 18:  Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Super Mario Bros. 2, the USA version (and NOT the Lost Levels, that doesn’t belong anywhere on a list like this) is such an interesting game.  It has such a different playstyle than pretty much all other Mario games, and I think it’s great.  Even today it’s a very unique game, which I believe says a lot.  To this day, my absolutely favorite part about the game is Birdo.  Birdo is hands down my favorite Mario character, so I feel an even more special connection to SMB2 since it was the introduction of the species/character.

Number 16: Wario Land 3

I’m so sad to see this so low on the list, because it’s easily one of my favorite games of all time (but to be fair it is competing will ALL of the other Mario games).  The powerful hunk of a man Wario is invincible in this game so the challenge of it comes from lots of obstacles and puzzles blocking your path, making for some really cool gameplay.  The best part about this game is the final boss battle.  It’s just so very memorable to me, and the ending cutscene is just as good.  Plus the credit theme just makes me smile every single time.  Music boxes are so mysterious!

Tied for 13: Wario Land 4

Hey look my other favorite Wario Land game that didn’t really come to close to even the top 5.  I’ve pretty much accepted that as fact before voting even started.  Besides I got my fix in my last presentation.  Wario Land 4 is just another stellar Wario game and is very creative.  There’s so many great levels but the best one in my opinion would have to be Crescent Moon Valley, not only does it have a very interesting idea with the ghost pirate, but the music is a BANGER.

Number 12: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

I will admit I have never beat this game.  I’m usually good at platformers, but for some reason I have never able to grasp the platforming of Donkey Kong Country.  However I have seen a ton of let’s plays for the game, so I think I know it fairly well.  There’s no doubt that this is the best of the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy, and I would say of all time, but Tropical Freeze is far too good to say that outright.  The most memorable part about this game is once again the final boss battle.  The last epic fight between Diddy/Dixie and King K Rool is just heart-poundingly spectacular!

Number 9: Super Mario Bros.

Ah you can barely get more classic than this except for the games Donkey Kong and Mario Bros.  I don’t think I could actually say a favorite part of mine of this game.  It’s so short that every section is basically one whole experience.

Number 8: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Aw yeah now we’re talking!  In an epic collaboration with RPG kings, Square, we get a Mario game unlike anything we’ve seen yet. And it is just incredibly fantastic.  I’ve rarely had a better time playing any Mario game than this game right here.  When I played it, I found everything to do with one of the antagonists, Booster, was very fun and memorable.  And my opinions on that only increased more when Vinny streamed it and had Booster have the most hilarious over the top voice that probably also killed his voice.

Number 7: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island

Last year I covered favorite Yoshi levels so it’s probably not a big surprise that I absolutely love Yoshi’s Island.  The art design is so pleasing, the gameplay is very fresh and new (at least at the time), and the music...dare I say is even better than Super Mario World’s!  And to top it all off, the final boss battle is one of the coolest freaking things in video game history.  I can hear the beginnings of the metallic song clearly in my head, and I’m just washed away in awe…

Number 6: Paper Mario

Oh yeah the Paper Mario franchise.  Wherein the first two games are praised by literally everyone I know and then Nintendo decided to drastically change it and ruin it forever.  But that’s a topic for another day.  The pure charm of Paper Mario is almost unmatched by anything, and rightly so.  Rpgs may have whiffed on the Nintendo 64, but we sure got one great one.  Also have you seen Tubba Blubba and the entire boss fight?  Well I hope you did because it’s my absolutely favorite part in the entire game!

Number 5: Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Mario Bros. 1 and 2 (once again USA 2, I can’t stress this enough) were pretty good games.  But Super Mario Bros. 3?  That’s when the series started to get fantastic.  It still amazes to me to think that in a few years we get the simplistic SMB1 to the vast, complex platformer of SMB3.  After I already beat it as a kid several times, I messed around with the Warp Whistles and just had a blast exploring those and changing up game paths.  It was my first time ever experiencing something like that in a game, so you could probably understand my amazement.

Number 4: Super Mario Sunshine

Super Mario Sunshine...is not a game I particularly like.  Please don’t hurt me because I still think it’s a good game, but in my opinion it’s a game with broken physics and unfun missions and gameplay.  Definitely the weakest of all the 3D Mario games.  Now that said, I unironically love the voice acting and cutscenes...albeit in a way that someone would love the cutscenes in like...Hotel Mario, but I love them nevertheless!  And the scenes with Bowser and Bowser Jr. together...that just melts my heart!

Number 3: Super Mario World

And now we reach my favorite 2D Mario game!  Yeah yeah that’s probably the most predictable thing ever, but c’mon it’s SO GOOD.  I’ve spent hours and hours sunk into this game, beating it 100% a dozen or more times as a child.  To this day, the best level of all time is in this game.  That being...Top Secret area!  No haha just kidding.  It’s actually… Tubular!!  Kidding again!  But the Special World as a whole (mmmmaybe minus Tubular) is so very great.  Very much worth getting to every playthrough.

Number 2: Super Mario 64

A few months ago I was watching a Youtuber saying that he thought literally no one played Super Mario 64 and was basically a dead game.  I think we can all agree here that is absolutely not true!  It was a highly played game when it came out and it still is highly played.  And it really just stands up to the test of time just by being...a very well made game.  Especially Shifty Sand Land, now that was a great level.

Number 1: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Probably saw this one coming didn’t you?  Ah yes The Thousand Year door.  Rarely has any Mario game been as grand and epic as this game.  With very creative lands, enjoyable characters, amazing bosses, fantastic music, and an ending that will rock your world, it’s not hard to imagine just why this game is so beloved.  It is very fair to say that TTYD does deserve to be voted as the favorite classical game

Anton is up next with the Bloopers!

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2018, 07:27:34 PM »
RIP weak computers from having to load all of those GIFs up.

Great presentation Doof!
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2018, 07:30:04 PM »

:blooper: Bloopers :blooper:

M1 Best Sound Design
“All of them, except Yoshi's New Island.”
“Music.”

M2 Favorite Mario Kart Game
“None of them, cause Mario Kart is all about cheating and using items”

M3 Favorite Mario Platformer
“None of them, cause Mario is the true villian of Nintendo”

M6 Favorite Wario Level
Approximately 30 separate write-ins that said they’ve never played a Wario game
“stop that train”
“Stop That Train!”
“STOP THAT TRAIN!!!!!”

M7 Favorite Yoshi Level
“*sniff* Yoshi…”

M9 - Favorite Add-on Content
Approximately 5 votes for ‘Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion’

M15 - Hardest Boss
“A Mario Boss... Hard?? Laughing.gif”
“Capitalism”
“publish in bad write-ins section: phanta is not hard. just use spinning move ez”
“Chakron”

M20 Favorite Sports Game
“MARIO *bleep*ING STRIKERS *bleep*ING CHARGED *bleep*”

M21 - Favorite Puzzle Game
“Super Mario Dating”

M23 - Favorite Super Mario Odyssey Capture
“My wallet”
“hot girl”

M28 Favorite Game Setting
“any one i like”
“Postman Pat”
“assist mode (smo)”

F1 Worst Character
“Hammer Bros. made their debut appearance in Super Mario Bros., for the Nintendo”

F2 Worst 2D Level
“whatever levels didnt have waluigi in them”

F4 Worst 3D Level
“Lil B Ride (SMS)”

F5 World Level Concept
“LEVELS THAT ARE AS HARD AS OCTO EXPANSION”

F11 Biggest Missed Opportunity
“Bowser not marrying Madame Broode at the end of Odyssey”

F13 Worst Mario Party Minigame
“There are some minigames i despise”

F14 Worst Setting
“I'm afraid I'll upset somebody.”
“ohio”
“The boring MP10 Title Screen”

F15 Most Disappointing Game
“Why you put the fun games here?!”

C2 - Best 'Shroom Section Artwork
“Anton I love you”

Epic Nitwit is up next with M5 - Favorite DK Level!

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2018, 07:34:25 PM »
“All of them, except Yoshi's New Island.”

Some people really hate Baby Mario that much I guess

But yeah, the music there is awful.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 07:36:10 PM by Russian Baby Luigi »
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Yukiho Hagiwara

• Ace Idol
  • Star Spirit
  • Epic Nitwit
    • View Profile
    • Backloggery
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2018, 07:35:02 PM »
Hello everyone, welcome to M5: Favourite DK Level. The Donkey Kong series is known for its great level design, so it only makes sense that we should look at which levels in the series are the best of the best. With that said, let's jump into the top 3 best DK levels, as voted by the community:

Spoiler: 3rd place (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2nd place (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 1st place (click to show/hide)

Gabumon is up next with M9 - Favorite Add-on Content!

Arataka Reigen

• The Greatest Psychic of the 21st Century
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • 100% Legit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2018, 07:40:00 PM »
M9 - Favorite Add-on Content
By Mr. Edo

~°~ Luigi's Beautacious Balloon Bonanza ~°~

Can you defeat Luigi's stunning balloon challenge before the next presentation is posted?

Just find the 5 balloons hidden in the following 5 pictures and post which section of the picture they're in!

Example Balloons (they may not look exactly like that)

Maybe if you're fast enough, it will jostle Luigi's fashion sense
enough to realize you don't wear a green bowtie with a green shirt!

Spoiler: First Balloon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Second Balloon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Third Balloon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fourth Balloon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fifth Balloon (click to show/hide)

Chibiki Daisy is up next with M16 - Favorite Item!

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2018, 07:42:35 PM »
Spoiler: Answers (click to show/hide)

what do i win